The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Glacors
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:32:20 pm »
As requested, a guide on glacors.

Recommendations
  • 80 (preferably 99)
  • 70 (preferably higher)
  • 96 (to make overloads)*
  • 92 (active membership)
*Overloads aren't completely necessary, however they make everything a lot more convenient.

They are located deep within ice cave. There is no agility requirement to get to them. You may get frozen by skeletal wyverns on your way there, pray mage to prevent that from happening. You can either walk to mudskipper point from Rimmington or teleport to Port Sarim with an amulet of glory and walk from there. You could also use a mounted glory in a player owned house.

Setup
Ranged is the optimal combat style to use. Their melee attacks can be avoided by safespotting and their mage attacks mostly hit 0 on ranged armour. Onyx bolts (e) allow for longer trips due to lifesteal. You will use a large amount of ammo per kill, so cheaper alternatives should be considered. An upgraded abyssal bow might be worth using. It provides better dps than a crossbow and crystals are quite cheap at the moment. I'll give two example gear setups. I don't recommend doing glacors in anything but high end gear. Your inventory setup varies depending on your gear and how good you are at killing them, I've provided an example but you should try different ones.

*On a slayer task you should use a full slayer helmet and chaotic crossbow.

Mechanics
Glacors have a few different mechanics. They attack with all three combat styles. If they use a melee attack they will swing with both arms. If they use a ranged attack they swing up their left arm. If they use a magic attack they swing up their right arm. They have a big magic attack that targets the square you're standing on, this can be sidestepped. It will go right through prayer and armour so be wary of it, I've seen it hit up to 86. The animation for it is fairly long, so it shouldn't be too difficult to dodge.

The magic attack, ranged attack and big magic attack.

Once below 500 hp glacytes will spawn, there are three kinds of them. They have 80 hp and if left alone will sacrifice themselves to heal the glacor for 80 each. While alive they boost the glacor's stats in a certain way. The enduring will boost defense bonuses, the unstable offense bonuses and the sapping will give the glacor lifesteal. You should kill them as soon as they spawn.

Glacytes spawning and sacrificing themselves.

Drops
They drop the new best in slot gloves that match the boots ice strykewyrms drop. I don't really think they'll be worth killing for money after the price of gloves drops as more enter the game, their common drops aren't that great for something with more hp than most bosses. Their slayer exp is kind of bad too, but they are fun to kill imo.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:23:05 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Glacors
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »
Oh boy tulrak wont like this
The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:38 pm »
Thanks Tulrak for the guide you're about to write! :))
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Drugs, S Clegane

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 04:12:53 am »
Requirements
  • 80 (preferably 99)
  • 70 (preferably higher)
  • 96 (to make overloads)*
  • 92 (active membership)
*Overloads aren't completely necessary, however they make everything a lot more convenient.
You should consider not mixing requirements and recommendations. Either keep it limited to requirements, in which case remove herblore requirement and mention membership in a separate line if it's necessary or simply have two lists, one for requirements and the other for recommendations.

They are located deep within ice cave. There is no agility requirement to get to them. You may get frozen by ice strykewyrms on your way there, pray mage to prevent that from happening. The quickest way to get there would be teleporting to port sarim, this is easily done with a mounted glory in a player owned house.
If you're at a POH, then you might as well just walk from Rimmington, there's no need to make it so complex, setting home teleport to Rimmington is probably better advice. Adding construction as another recommendation would be unnecessary for this guide considering how little benefit this actually has.

These look like unedited screenshots that don't really add anything because nothing in these grabs attention. I'd recommend that you zoom out the first one and have it include Rimmington teleport location and edit the pictures to try to bring out the destination of each map more. Right now at first glance people see the areas that these maps show and then have to try to figure out why you're showing them.

Setup
Ranged is the optimal combat style to use. Their melee attacks can be avoided by safespotting and their mage attacks mostly hit 0 on ranged armour. Onyx bolts (e) allow for longer trips due to lifesteal. You will use a large amount of ammo per kill however, so cheaper alternatives are viable. Due to crystals currently being cheap An upgraded abyssal bow might be worth using, it does provides better dps than onyx bolts. I'll give two example gear setups. I don't recommend doing glacors in cheap gear. Your inventory setup varies depending on your gear and how good you are at killing them, I've provided an example but you should try different ones.
Aww, apart from the small hiccup while describing the path to glacors, you were doing so well with using passive voice, why ruin it in this and the next paragraph?
You mentioned safespotting, you could add an image or a 404 - image not found for the location of the safe spot.
Don't end sentences or parts of sentences with the word "however", it doesn't add anything.
"Viable" isn't a good word in that sentence either, try something along the lines of "cheaper alternatives can be considered".
No need to mention current prices of equipment, doing so would likely mean that the guide won't age well and there can be sudden changes to prices, so it might not even be true in the near future.
I'm pretty sure that glacors won't care about the value of your gear, so if you want to advise that people shouldn't use weak gear then say so.

*Shenven can assign Glacors as a slayer task. On a slayer task you should use a full slayer helmet and chaotic crossbow.
If you're going to point out something about the gear then stick to talking only about the gear.

Mechanics
Glacors have a few different mechanics you should know about and pay attention to if you wish to kill them efficiently. They attack with all three combat styles. They swing with both arms if they use their melee attack. They lift up their left arm for ranged and their right arm for magic. They have a big magic attack that targets the square you're standing on, this can be sidestepped. It will go right through prayer and armour so be wary of it, I've seen it hit up to 86. The animation for it is fairly long, so it shouldn't be too difficult to dodge.
Use plural when talking about things relating to multiple glacors, each of them has a left arm, so you're talking about multiple left arms or alternatively get rid of plural, in which case you can talk about what each glacor is like. Either change reds to singular or blues to plural.

The magic attack, ranged attack and big magic attack.
Nice error.
Once at x hp glacytes will spawn, there are three kinds of them. They have 80 hp and if left alone will sacrifice themselves to heal the glacor for 80 each. If they die they boost the glacor's stats in a certain way. The enduring will boost defense bonuses, the unstable boosts offense bonuses and the sapping will give the glacor lifesteal.
If you don't know something then remove it, x hp doesn't say anything.

Glacytes spawning and sacrificing themselves.

Drops
They drop the new best in slot gloves that match the boots ice strykewyrms drop. I don't really think they'll be worth killing for money after the price of gloves drops as more enter the game, their common drops aren't that great for something with more hp than most bosses. Their slayer exp is kind of bad too, but they are fun to kill imo.
Nice errors and the drops section is completely unnecessary.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 08:14:57 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Hugo Terwiss, Someone12116, Jandar

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 10:24:02 am »
Nice guide,but some pictures are 404 Not Found ;)

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 11:55:51 am »
m8 this is why you use Gyazo

The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:58:04 am »
m8 this is why you use Gyazo

Imgur wouldn't stop using ezgif's adress until the hosting expired on there. It's been fixed.
;

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 12:17:09 pm »
no sgs feelsbadman

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 12:26:07 pm »
no sgs feelsbadman
Specs would be inaccurate as hell. It might actually be worth the inventory slot compared to an extra brew, I wouldn't bother with it though.
;

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 12:47:43 pm »
no sgs feelsbadman
Specs would be inaccurate as hell. It might actually be worth the inventory slot compared to an extra brew, I wouldn't bother with it though.
its actually really good with ovl+piety, you spec the minions
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Ironmandommy, S Clegane

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 10:35:26 pm »
Nice guide, love it!

It's our decisions that define us

:)

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 04:34:38 pm »
Very good guide I would say.

Only thing that still bothers me is that should I kill the glacytes? Asking here makes it easier for me, lul :D
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 05:22:38 pm »
Only thing that still bothers me is that should I kill the glacytes? Asking here makes it easier for me, lul :D
"While alive they boost the glacor's stats in a certain way. The enduring will boost defense bonuses, the unstable offense bonuses and the sapping will give the glacor lifesteal."
So, yes. I'll emphasize you should take them down asap.
;
The following users liked this post: Division66

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 03:58:16 pm »
Using elemental bow instead of divine/cbow is better so you can kill the minions quicker

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 04:11:33 pm »
Using elemental bow instead of divine/cbow is better so you can kill the minions quicker
It does outdps hcb, which is why it's in the gear setups. It lacks in defense and utility however, your trips will be shorter with an ele bow. Glacors aren't exactly quick to get to compared to other monsters, so being able to stay longer is quite beneficial. I'd say they're more or less equally optimal to use, which is why I mentioned both.
;
Pages: 1