The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Void vs Bandos
« on: May 27, 2017, 04:55:22 pm »
Yo, what's up everyone. Today, i did a comparison between bandos set and void elite melee set. Shouldn't i be hitting more with bandos? I'm actually pretty shocked to see that they're almost the same. Check out the screenshot below, let me know what you think.

Here are screenshots with only the sets (No amulet, cape, ring, or weapon)
As you can see, bandos is obviously the better set looking at these screenshots.

Than i tried it with all my gear on and here are the results. How is it possible that i can hit pretty much the same number with void elite set than the bandos set. I feel like bandos should be at least hitting a 46 with all my gear on.

Let me know what you guys think, I find this to be a very interesting discovery.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Void vs Bandos
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 05:26:16 pm »
You sacrifice defense for superior accuracy with Void. This has been the case since who knows when.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Freestuffyay

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 05:43:14 pm »
You sacrifice defense for superior accuracy with Void.

Let me run couple tests, I'll get back to you.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 05:47:49 pm »
The +2 str bonus difference doesn't add an additional maxhit. Void has been the best for offensive stats for ages.
;

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 05:52:33 pm »
You sacrifice defense for superior accuracy with Void.

Let me run couple tests, I'll get back to you.
You really don't even need to run any tests tbh. Void's base attack bonus is much less but that's excluding that tremendous +30% boost the set bonus gives. +229 base attack bonus on the spear bumped up to 297, excluding the fact that this bonus stacks with Piety up to a multiplicative boost of up to and even past 50%.

Multiplicative bonuses are always going to be superior to additive ones.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:03:11 pm by Shadowkei »

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »
So after doing couple tests here are the results...

For this test i used the same exact sets shown in my first post. In this test, we used the bandos boss General Graardor. I basically timed how fast it would be to kill him with void than bandos to test how superior it is in accuracy as mentioned above.

Items used in test                          Prayers used in test
Zammy Brew potion                                          - Piety (Melee)
Super Attack potion                                          - Protect from melee
Super Defense potion
Manta Ray

I did 3 runs for each set so we can't blame rng for being so shitty and here are the results.

Void Elite Melee Set
1st Run: 1 minute and 26 seconds
2nd Run: 1 minute and 18 seconds
3rd Run: 1 minute and 15 seconds

Bandos Set
1st Run: 1 Minute
2nd Run: 1 Minute and 33 seconds
3rd Run: 1 Minute and 32 seconds

Conclusion: After doing these test, I believe that void does not have such superior accuarcy even after using the potions/prayers listed above. I also had to consume more food with void due to it's low defense stats. I have concluded that Void does not have that much accuarcy over Bandos and that I would be able to save more food by using Bandos.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 06:53:00 pm »
There are dummies in Lumbridge that will display your DPS btw :). It's higher for void for sure but defense bonus is where void loses.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Il Skill L

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 07:18:01 pm »

For this test i used the same exact sets shown in my first post. In this test, we used the bandos boss General Graardor. I basically timed how fast it would be to kill him with void than bandos to test how superior it is in accuracy as mentioned above.

Super Attack potion                                          - Protect from melee
Super Defense potion
Manta Ray

I did 3 runs for each set so we can't blame rng for being so shitty and here are the results.

Void Elite Melee Set

Bandos Set

Conclusion: After doing these test, I believe that void does not have such superior accuarcy even after using the potions/prayers listed above. I also had to consume more food with void due to it's low defense stats. I have concluded that Void does not have that much accuarcy over Bandos and that I would be able to save more food by using Bandos.
:notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis:

You lost dps because you had to eat more food, that doesn't have anything to do with void's accuracy. You had more downtime in dps due to eating while wearing void due to it's low defence which isn't what you were testing. If you wish to test the difference between something you must eliminate all outside factors that could affect the result. Otherwise your results won't be credible. C'mon, basic rules of research.
;

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 07:22:29 pm »

Super Defense potion
Manta Ray

Void Elite Melee Set

Bandos Set

:notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis:

You lost dps because you had to eat more food, that doesn't have anything to do with void's accuracy. You had more downtime in dps due to eating while wearing void due to it's low defence which isn't what you were testing. If you wish to test the difference between something you must eliminate all outside factors that could affect the result. Otherwise your results won't be credible. C'mon, basic rules of research.
ohh right... LMAO

Anyway, I'm just going to take everyone's word for it. I would still use bandos over void for boss fighting though. Thank you for the responses. I had no such knowledge regarding those dummies, thank you @JP
Pages: 1