Emps-World > General Discussion

Turnover Rate on the Staff Team

(1/3) > >>

Chris:
Hello,

I wanted to make a thread to discuss something that I’ve noticed over the course of a few years. Since I’ve always been interested in the Moderation aspect of RSPS’s, I’ve always kept an eye on the “Emps-World Staff Team” thread. However, one thing that always catches my eye, is nearly every time I log into the forums to check on how things are going here, I almost always see that there’s a change in the staff team, and almost every time, there’s one or more names missing from the list since the last time that I’ve checked the thread, which is usually 1-2 weeks in between each check. Sometimes I’ll be on the forums, and there will be a staff member who actively resigns while I’m online.

For those of you who aren’t aware, “Turnover Rate” is basically a fancy term for describing when people, or employees, resign from their positions, where it’s mostly used in the IRL work force.

Anyways, I’ve noticed that the Turnover Rate here is actually quite high. So I wanted to ask why this is the case?

Bluestorm:
Bad Payment.

Jp:
Staff resigning every 1 - 2 weeks is way off. Cannot say the exact number due to me no longer being part of staff anymore but that's waaaay off.
You can follow rank changes in Discord now btw. It was added recently and seems to include everything that has something to do with ranks like staff, wiki and clan chat.

Speaking from personal experience as in what's the most common reason of resigning is inactivity & personal choice. Abuse demotions happen very rarely. I don't want to go into very much detail due to privacy reasons.
Inactive being a person who barely logs in, follows Discord or forums. I didn't really consider a person inactive who logged in 2 - 3 times a week (weekends) and followed what's happening.
Compared to Scape the 'turnover rate' was much higher. Amount of staff basically remains the same, players per staff member is now lower though due to population.

As in why there are no permanent ranks or they change rather often is because a player who actually plays the game (-> inactivity becoming the #1 reason for demotion) is always preferred over someone who is solely looking to moderate the server.
I personally never promoted anyone (or even considered) who were solely looking to moderate the server.
Higher ranks like admin+ don't change that often, fairly rarely actually and game admin rank even more rarely. 2 Resignations from game admin rank past 2 years I think?

S Clegane:
Not safe working environment.

Bluestorm:

--- Quote from: Wg on February 03, 2019, 10:38:38 pm ---Not safe working environment.

--- End quote ---
Israeli mafia will chase you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while liking
Liking...
Go to full version