The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Three new weapons
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 08:21:16 pm »
I'm a tad worried about powercreep, so I wouldn't want to have t85 weapons that would just be a straight upgrade to elemental weapons. In general I think it's a very bad idea to release weapons that'll eat other weapons' lunch. Giving us more "useless" weapons isn't a good idea.
NOTHING
In my opinion these new weapons should be 1-handed special attack weapons that would be designed to be good for PvM. There are only two special attack weapons really viable for PvM and it would be nice to have more variety. Of course it would have to have a different effect than swh or sgs. I have a few ideas for them.
BUT
These weapons just make other weapons useless.
SINKS

But does it really have to be tier 85? I mean if it's tier 85, of course it has to be someway better than the rest of the weapons. Can't we just add these weapons as tier 75 weapons (mostly used for their special attack)?
It wouldn't really matter, Thomy just talked about that tier.

Weapons that would reduce monsters stats would be great. Also why not weapons that would buff your own stats? E.g. the special attack would activate a rage mode for yourself for 10 sec or something like that.
Might be interesting, but beyond stat buffs that potions already give us I think it might be hard to code. Also stake bugs, lol.

DoTs similiar to morrigan's javelin? I don't think we need another similiar weapon?
Damage over time effects can be implemented in different ways. But you have a valid point.

I don't know if I understand the execution right, but do you mean that the special attack would 100% deal certain amount of damage? If that's the case, I would suggest around 50 DMG for 80% spec attack. If the DMG would be at 200, or even 100, you could just get some alt. accounts and go farm some bosses. I don't think we want anything like that, do we?
May not have been specific enough. This would only work if the boss is at the hp the weapon executes. You can already mass spec a boss pretty easily, it should be used rather than abused though. Maybe a % of hp it executes from?

Maybe a special attack that would make the monster asleep for 5 seconds so that you could get prepared again or move to the right spot?
Might be interesting but don't think it would save time over dealing damage or reducing damage. Sgs would probably do a better job for sustain. Would also be kind of boring to use, since it essentially takes out mechanics for a few seconds.

A special attack that would give yourself a shield, let's say for 30 hp?
Shield for what you hit briefly sounds interesting. If you want it to compete with sgs it should have around a 25% spec cost and be quite accurate.

A special attack that can spawn a minion for youself? :D
Doesn't sound very interesting to me. Minion AI would likely be kind of stupid. It'd basically be like the god arrows passive in terms of adding damage but instead you wouldn't have full control over it.

A special attack dealing multi area damage?
As much as I'd like this there aren't very many places this would shine if it's not spammable. Making the weapon's normal attacks AoE might be interesting though.

;
The following users liked this post: Division66

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 09:26:38 pm »

I don't know if I understand the execution right, but do you mean that the special attack would 100% deal certain amount of damage? If that's the case, I would suggest around 50 DMG for 80% spec attack. If the DMG would be at 200, or even 100, you could just get some alt. accounts and go farm some bosses. I don't think we want anything like that, do we?
May not have been specific enough. This would only work if the boss is at the hp the weapon executes. You can already mass spec a boss pretty easily, it should be used rather than abused though. Maybe a % of hp it executes from?

So it's a special attack that can only be used to finish a boss?

This is quite different from atm mass speccing boss, since you are not guaranteed to hit a high hit, and you need gear/supplies for it.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 11:44:40 pm »
The only reason the slayer experience inflated is because of the nice19 beating you, if you're gonna suggest faster ways for 250m slayer there will be less glory for nice19. If you want to get 250m slayer in the future stop suggesting easier pvming. If you think it's too much consult nice19.
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:52 am »
Can we not have every single new weapon, armor, and everything in between degrade please, it's getting sickening.
Sure and you can collaborate on this to happen. Putting your own ideas is good start.

Putting my own ideas like not having items degrade? Okay.

Can we not have every single new weapon, armor, and everything in between degrade please, it's getting sickening.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:19:19 am by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 07:25:18 am »
So it's a special attack that can only be used to finish a boss?
Any monster really.

This is quite different from atm mass speccing boss, since you are not guaranteed to hit a high hit, and you need gear/supplies for it.
You'd require the spec wep. The amount you execute from could be based on str bonus. It could just be a high hitting weapon with increased accuracy towards lower hp targets, but I feel a guarranteed hit would make it a lot more satisfying to use.
;

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:16 pm »
maybe make them noxious? like in osrs they have a toxic blowpipe or magic fang.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 11:58:45 am »
If Thomy confirms he's releasing 3 weapons I think he has the models covered.

This topic is about what those weapons would be like, maybe I should've specified that better in my first post.
;

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 12:00:41 pm »
Iirc he mentioned 11 of them at some point. Might be mistaken though.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 12:25:25 pm »
Iirc he mentioned 11 of them at some point. Might be mistaken though.
What? 11 weapons?
;

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 01:49:56 pm »
How about a weapon that you're able to convert between magic, melee and range? It would have its own spell so it requires no runes. Wouldn't require ammo either to use the ranged style.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, Bluesunrunne

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 05:50:00 pm »
How about a weapon that you're able to convert between magic, melee and range? It would have its own spell so it requires no runes. Wouldn't require ammo either to use the ranged style.
unless it'd be worse then what we have now, it'd be too op.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 05:21:30 pm »
No thanks. Already have been suggested multiple times - still got no.
Pages: 1 2