The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Thomy
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 07:14:57 pm »
I really wish i could develop :(

You can always learn.
But yeah, there's been lack of updates. Thomy pls, buy crates and crates of Red Bull, and start working :kappa:

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 07:16:17 pm »

But you can, develop arabs into fellow staffs

The following users liked this post: Appelsientje, Drugs, 66destroyer3, Tomtim1

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 07:17:48 pm »

You can always learn.

It took me 3 years to become a good developer lel

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 07:18:59 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

Jokes aside, I can't promise updates on a scheduled cycle as a single person. Emps is already a pretty big game with plenty of things to do. I try my best to roll in at least one update a week and so far I haven't missed that goal often.

I hope you do understand, that I can't just hold a casting for new developers and expect them to deliver quality game content within their first week? Emps has grown big and so has its code. It's not a project you'll immediately understand and be able to work with. Besides...  who trusts random people on the Internet? It's not easy to find people developing good content. To be totally honest, I'm also not looking for any, because imho it brings more complications than benefits in the current situation. Besides... you know what hiring a programmer costs!? Maybe things change when our community grows even bigger. We're already on a pretty good way, steady player increases every week this summer! :)
Hiring an extra programmer might cost a bit but see it as an investment, it improves the game and most likely attracts a lot more players. (which means more earnings for you and a better quality private server) win-win right?

Plus we both know that there is someone you can trust who is available atm

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 07:19:33 pm »

You can always learn.

How good do you have to be to call yourself good?
And well, he'd better start learning then :kappa:

Offline Keiskelar

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 07:20:40 pm »

You can always learn.

How good do you have to be to call yourself good?
And well, he'd better start learning then :kappa:

like 3/thomy

#Joshiee

- Albert Einste
The following users liked this post: Appelsientje

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 07:26:03 pm »
I.really.wish.you.couldnt...

you.would.honestly.code.oak.tree.into.a.staff.member.

"okay.our.newest.update.is.giving.oak.trees.+5rights,since.our.staff.members.aimlessly.stay.in.one.spot.anyways.and.having.a.conversation.with.them.is.exactly.like.talking.to.a.tree.it.make.sense"

"everyone.welcome.our.newest.staff.member:oak.tree"

2.weeks.later.woodcutting.becomes.illegal
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:28:55 pm by Drugs »

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 07:28:43 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

Jokes aside, I can't promise updates on a scheduled cycle as a single person. Emps is already a pretty big game with plenty of things to do. I try my best to roll in at least one update a week and so far I haven't missed that goal often.

I hope you do understand, that I can't just hold a casting for new developers and expect them to deliver quality game content within their first week? Emps has grown big and so has its code. It's not a project you'll immediately understand and be able to work with. Besides...  who trusts random people on the Internet? It's not easy to find people developing good content. To be totally honest, I'm also not looking for any, because imho it brings more complications than benefits in the current situation. Besides... you know what hiring a programmer costs!? Maybe things change when our community grows even bigger. We're already on a pretty good way, steady player increases every week this summer! :)

As long as you keep deleting databases I'll still love you beb

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 07:30:31 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

Hiring an extra programmer might cost a bit but see it as an investment, it improves the game and most likely attracts a lot more players. (which means more earnings for you and a better quality private server) win-win right?

There's no guarantee for that? You can say it will, but I'm not going to invest my personal money (that I need for living!) into risky developments that may pay off at some point. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.

Offline Keiskelar

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 07:32:11 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

There's no guarantee for that? You can say it will, but I'm not going to invest my personal money (that I need for living!) into risky developments that may pay off at some point. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.

JONNER4PROMOTE!

#Joshiee

- Albert Einste

Offline Bad Fight

• Liked: 20 times
  • +0/-0
  • Many like to dream, but only some like to act
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 08:08:06 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

Maybe off the donations you get from the game? I can't imagine how much you get at the moment so yeh...

Mary

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 09:23:31 pm »
The following users liked this post: Avenus

Offline Tonto

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
  • Bitter King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 09:24:37 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

As a single person maintaining an entire infrastructure by yourself isn't easy, I believe you're on the right track and direction for growth, keep strong m8.

pls no
The following users liked this post: Chris, Deandam7, Someone12116, Charr, Ledomy10

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »
FeelsBadMan.

As a single person maintaining an entire infrastructure by yourself isn't easy, I believe you're on the right track and direction for growth, keep strong m8.

pls no

Is ThomThom literally doing everything on his own? What about Jon/Graham and you?
You're all busy I guess?

Too busy with soulsplit yah?

Mary

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 10:04:29 pm »
Is ThomThom literally doing everything on his own? What about Jon/Graham and you?
You're all busy I guess?

Too busy with soulsplit yah?
Graham and nour each got their own jobs. Now i don't know what jonneh's purpose is here on Emps but afaik it's drawing dongers on people's profile pages.
Pages: 1 2 3