The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Omg Dead

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: STOP NEGLECTING WILDY PK/ WILL IT SAVE THE GAME???
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 05:51:41 pm »
Hello everyone!

I started playing in 2007-08 and i remember the times when there used to be alot of pkers and wilderness was the main place in the game. It feels devastating for me as well to see it empty now. If pk was alive again i would 100% start playing too. But when we talk about updates or additions to make it alive, i used to host an event a few times called "pking happy hour". You can check it out from events, 5th January 2017 post made by me. It was about giving a chance to those who did not have as much skill as some. I gave them a free set and they could either fight me or someone else. Event like this brought more people into pk than i thought. I guess on the 1st event the peak was about 35 players in pk so i think that was successful and something like this could work. Could not keep it going since i was too poor to give out sets and even bigger issue was school at the time.
Tho i am scared that the death of pking is all about low player count and thats it, theres almost nothing we can do about it, Runescape private servers are kind of dead.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:43 pm »
I honestly don't think it's the wilderness itself that's dead, there's no pking community around it anymore and that's not only Emps and that's why it's dead.
Back in Scape there was a ton of more players = larger pk community.

The way how low level stuff worked was completely different as well which made it easy to access pking very early on. You could just level up to 40/60 attack and go to pk with rune scim/claws or get 60 attack for blade, dragon scim and dds. You never had to even train your strength because it barely affected on your max hit. You were able to hit literally 20s while being 60 attack/40ish hitpoints, it was so OP. Same thing with mage, get 60 mage for god spells.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:33:11 pm by Jp »

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 08:33:17 pm »
I honestly don't think it's the wilderness itself that's dead, there's no pking community around it anymore and that's not only Emps and that's why it's dead.
Back in Scape there was a ton of more players = larger pk community.

The way how low level stuff worked was completely different as well which made it easy to access pking very early on. You could just level up to 40/60 attack and go to pk with rune scim/claws or get 60 attack for blade, dragon scim and dds. You never had to even train your strength because it barely affected on your max hit. You were able to hit literally 20s while being 60 attack/40ish hitpoints, it was so OP. Same thing with mage, get 60 mage for god spells.
God spells are shite without charge, u needed 80 if u wanted to do damage

It's our decisions that define us

:)
Pages: 1 2