The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
Stab, Slash, and Crush
« on: June 02, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »
I'd just like to clear up some confusion I've had since revisiting Emps.
I know prior to this, - if memory serves me correct - back in Scape, we still listed the stats for Stab, Slash, and Crush Attack/Defense Bonuses.
Here, however, we only list it as Melee, which is fine by me.
Yet, when I hover over Attack Styles on the Combat Tab, it still lists what style (Stab, Slash, or Crush) of attack the melee weapon I am using does.

For example, the D Hasta's Train-Attack Lunge lists Stab, the Train-Strength Swipe and Pound list Slash and Stab, and the Train-Defense Block lists Stab as well.
So my question is, do these styles of Melee Attacks actually work in World? Let's say, although they're not really listed as information anywhere in the Wiki, some enemy is weak to Stab Attacks. Would a Stab-Based Melee Attack be best to use? Or are they kinda pointless?

Basically summing it up: Do the Combat Styles for Melee Weapons actually attack with their listed Attack Style (Stab, Slash, Crush)?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:48:46 pm by Shadowkei »

Offline Big Boy

• Liked: 82 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perm banned without valid proof. Kek.
    • View Profile
Re: Stab, Slash, and Crush
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:33:00 pm »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=9814.0
He explains it better in his guide.^

The past is just the past, life moves on.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Mary

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:02:10 pm »
Monsters have no weaknesses or strengths in Emps scape: All combat styles are treated the same since the combat updates in okt 2014.

This is best visualized in your equipment screen: there are no individual bonuses listed for the different attack styles Stab, Slash and Crush, and neither for defense bonuses. The only notable difference between the styles is the way your character attacks, it stabs when you use stab (duh).

You can read about the relevant update here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=1818.0

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:12:06 pm »
All of the combat styles are in fact treated the same, The links posted to you can aswer to your questions. BUT. There are some monsters that are vulnerable to different attacks (ex. Dragons vulnerable to water magic attacks).
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:14:38 pm »
Monsters have no weaknesses or strengths in Emps scape: All combat styles are treated the same since the combat updates in okt 2014.

This is best visualized in your equipment screen: there are no individual bonuses listed for the different attack styles Stab, Slash and Crush, and neither for defense bonuses. The only notable difference between the styles is the way your character attacks, it stabs when you use stab (duh).

You can read about the relevant update here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=1818.0

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
I came back to Emps this February, so I didn't see these updates.

All of the combat styles are in fact treated the same, The links posted to you can aswer to your questions. BUT. There are some monsters that are vulnerable to different attacks (ex. Dragons vulnerable to water magic attacks).
Yeah, I recall reading about some of those. I just wasn't sure if this was applied to the melee styles as well.
Pages: 1