The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Should Skill Capes offer much more than just additional bonuses to strength and defence?

Yes.
15 (55.6%)
No.
6 (22.2%)
Perhaps.
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Skillcape Perks
« on: May 16, 2017, 01:02:38 pm »
Let's hear it out. Should Skill Capes offer much more than just additional bonuses to strength and defence? Like perk of having skillcape or something.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Skillcape Perks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:15:24 pm »
I wouldn't mind but I'd rather see them on other items or 200m capes.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »
200m capes.

Would be pointless to add something like that to capes that require more XP in millions than we have players.
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:47:58 pm »
I'm also open for ideas on how perks should figure in Emps.
For example:
Let's say, Thieving lets you fail 10 - 20% less chance than without it.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 02:06:26 pm »
For example:
less weight - less chance to fail /next please

Would prefer that over Charrs idea of having them on 200m capes tho
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:12:10 pm by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 02:13:44 pm »
For example:
less weight - less chance to fail /next please

Would prefer that over Charrs idea of having them on 200m capes tho
Farming Cape would provide unlimited teleports to herb patch in Falador

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 01:05:12 am »
I like the idea. And since this is open for discussion, i'll give you guys some ideas; Combination capes won't apply to any of these perks, they can remain untouched, and the 200m capes could have the same effect to their respective skill. Here are some perks ;D
  • Herblore cape - When worn give the user a 5% chance to make a 4 dose potion instead of 3
  • Crafting cape - Unlimited teleports to the Crafting Guild
  • Runecrafting cape - Unlimited teleports to the Abyss
  • Construction cape - Unlimited house teleports
  • Fishing cape - An operation effect(only when worn) that works as a fishing potion(can only be used once every hour or so)
  • Defence cape - Has the 'Ring of Life' effect when the users health drops below 10%(when worn), option can be toggled on/off
  • Range cape - Ava's accumulator effect
  • Farming cape - Unlimited teleports to the Catherby and Falador tree/herb patches
  • Thieving cape - 10% chance for double pick pocketed/stall loot
  • Slayer cape - Unlimited teleports to the slayer masters directly(or unlimited teleports to the slayer tower?)
  • Magic cape - One spell book swap(Permanent) every 24 hours
  • Hitpoints cape - 2x restore rate for hitpoints(Can be stacked with 'Rapid Heal' for 4x hit points restore rate)
  • Strength cape - Unlimited teleports to the Warriors Guild
  • Prayer cape - Restores your prayer points to full with +9 more(like an altar)once per day
  • Mining cape - 5% chance to get double ores(when worn)
  • Agility cape - 10-15% chance? Of obtaining double brimhaven agility tokens(You literally never fail in agility @ 99)
  • Smithing cape - Acts as Goldsmith gauntlets
  • Woodcutting cape - +1 Woodcutting level boost when worn
I'm almost certain most of these perks won't be added, since adding them all can be very tedious. I'd also like some feedback this list took a while to make :D
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, 123456789xd, Tomtim1, Str8att7, Blue Bird, Jandar, Von, Iron Corne, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 06:46:08 am »
I'm almost certain most of these perks won't be added, since adding them all can be very tedious. I'd also like some feedback this list took a while to make :D
Added or no, some perks should for be at least some capes than just cosmetic use of them. I'm certain this way people will be attending more to do various skills besides the daily tasks they are given. :) I had in my mind that adding them would turn out tedious process and could become very troublesome to use at some point.
Also, option could be:
Crafting Cape could be used to note dragon hides while killing dragons.
Prayer Cape to note their bones while killing dragons.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:50:57 am »
I like the idea. And since this is open for discussion, i'll give you guys some ideas; Combination capes won't apply to any of these perks, they can remain untouched, and the 200m capes could have the same effect to their respective skill. Here are some perks ;D
  • Herblore cape - When worn give the user a 5% chance to make a 4 dose potion instead of 3
  • Fishing cape - An operation effect(only when worn) that works as a fishing potion(can only be used once every hour or so)
  • Defence cape - Has the 'Ring of Life' effect when the users health drops below 10%(when worn), option can be toggled on/off
  • Farming cape - Unlimited teleports to the Catherby and Falador tree/herb patches
  • Slayer cape - Unlimited teleports to the slayer masters directly(or unlimited teleports to the slayer tower?)
  • Hitpoints cape - 2x restore rate for hitpoints(Can be stacked with 'Rapid Heal' for 4x hit points restore rate)
  • Prayer cape - Restores your prayer points to full with +9 more(like an altar)once per day
  • Agility cape - 10-15% chance? Of obtaining double brimhaven agility tokens(You literally never fail in agility @ 99)

The Runecrafting cape should teleport to the center of the Abyss as well. Currently running from Barb to the Air/Body altars is both more AFK and faster since all it takes is a single click to run to either of the altars from Barb general store.

I like the rest of the perk ideas. Maybe give fishing and woodcutting capes a perk of finding more nests and caskets/snape grass respectively? The resource rate at 99 in both of the skills is pretty fast as it is already.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Division66, Str8att7, Danielshapz, Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 08:12:47 am »

• Hunter cape - 5-10% chance to obtain double catches, not including chinchompas but salamanders and butterflies, kebbits etc.
I added one as well, i agree with your suggestions, would be amazing to see these features.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:46:18 am by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

The following users liked this post: Danielshapz
Pages: 1