The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
RNG
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:43:22 pm »
Finally i decided to make another PvP suggestion to fix the current state of edgeville wilderness.
This topic is going to be about rng in mainly fights between two of the same combat styles, i'll add in somehing about bridding and nhing towards the end.

For those of who do not pk, rng has become something that is a disgusting factor in 1v1 fights which most often takes place in melee vs melee fights.
Now when im stating rng, it's mostly living when you get special'd a 0 on extremely vulnerable health or just plain prodding and hoping for the arab nuke to land on you (ex. When it's clear to understand that youre at ags vulnerable health [62-69 on most occasions] people go for a random spec in hopes of hitting high/maxing) which of course wont only happen in melee but also range fights. This makes the wilderness very forgiving and easy when it comes to people who might not have been around for a long time. I'm not trying to make the game easier for experianced players, rather more rewarding for those who put a lot of time into pking.
Over the long time that i've pked  i've come to a conclusion that no matter how experianced you are/you're considered, in the end the one that's luckier will get the kill. I'd like that people would lay out their opinions on how to change this, since this has really ruined the fun of edge pking for me and lot of my friends in the last couple months or so.
Hybriding and Nhing (fights withoverheads) has also been influenced by this, though not as much. Of course there still are occasions where someone maxes on you with a 150 damage ags-maul but usually, its pretty even with the skill cap. No honour fights are the ones that have the least rng based factor in them, because it includes lots of overhead switching, fake switches and so on.

I do not want people taking this post as if a pker crying and whining over luck, rather of a discussion towards making wildy better, so keep in mind that people that have played the game for a longer period of time like to be rewarded. Of course there is not much skill when it comes to rsps pvp, though it can be made, so that a skilled pker can be compared to one who's not as experianced and there would be room for improvement for everyone.

Hope you caught my point on this one, looking forward to see everyone's opinion since i have no idea what suggest about this problem.

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: RNG
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:27:20 pm »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?board=21.0
Next time post your suggestions there.

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:49:13 pm »

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 07:16:02 pm »
When it's clearly a discussion

Not sure who moved your topic, moved it back.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Reporter007

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 08:08:27 pm »
Finally i decided to make another PvP suggestion to fix the current state of edgeville wilderness.

Starts by saying it's a suggestion... and it's not a suggestion?

When it's clearly a discussion

Not sure who moved your topic, moved it back.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 09:08:42 pm »
I won't deny rng is a big factor of pking but tbh the entire combat system is rng based. A skilled pker will always have the advantage over a less skilled pker. Yes speccing at 65 hp is annoying but tbh I'd just eat. They might call you a safer but who the fucks cares lol they tried to prod you.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 11:03:45 am »
That's just the way the system works, there is no replacement either.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:07:43 am »
That's just the way the system works, there is no replacement either.

EOC :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Reporter007

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 05:17:01 pm »
I'd like that people would lay out their opinions on how to change this, since this has really ruined the fun of edge pking for me and lot of my friends in the last couple months or so.

I'm pretty sure the system has been the same for a really long time. So why has it NOW started bugging you?

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 06:57:37 am »
Most of actions in Emps are based on randomness. We don't have any kind of fixed dps. Changing this would change the entire game, which is probably not something you really want to do.

Having higher maxhits results directly in having more dps, assuming perfect randomness of course. I mean we can change this, but RS' attempt of changing this was EOC. As we all know... this really failed.
The following users liked this post: Chazz

Offline Pker Bro X4

• +0/-0
  • Like-ah-sum-boo-dee!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
There's also a vengeance delay. When you cast vengeance and it doesnt work right away. Not relevant to the topic but idc. :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:56:17 pm by Pker Bro X4 »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 08:32:03 pm »
What hes trying to say is that everything is op, even in shit gear

Offline Reporter007

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »
There's also a vengeance delay. When you cast vengeance and it doesnt work right away. Not relevant to the topic but idc. :D
Not anymore.
Quoting from September 17th update notes:
Now, the protection prayer reduction is done at the time of when the hit is inflicted. Resulting in now effectively being able to avoid hits with super fast reactions. Also deflect effects are instant with this update. That includes the vengeance spell, spirit shields, ring of recoils and tormented demons.
Pages: 1