The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
Regarding The Stake Limit
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:23:04 pm »
As I am sure you are all aware, the recent changes to the duel arena made it impossible to stake amounts over 10m.
The staff team used this update as a trial, to see how such major changes to the Duel Arena would affect the community. Now we want to hear your input.
The Staff Team has began discussion about possibly removing the staking limit and maybe even bringing back item stakes. However we want to hear your guys thoughts/opinions, since this update will affect a large number of players.

Please keep the discussion civilised, everyone's input is valuable! :)
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Martin

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding The Stake Limit
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:24:56 pm »
No.

The initial reason for the limit was because the behavior of stakers was downright terrible and they're still displaying that same behavior. If anything the arena should be closed.
;
The following users liked this post: Level Down, S Clegane

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:09 pm »
And here i thought we were heading towards the right direction, smh....

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 04:26:51 pm »
No.

The initial reason for the limit was because the behavior of stakers was downright terrible and they're still displaying that same behavior. If anything the arena should be closed.

And we gained the insight that this isn't changed by restricting stakes at all. We now have middle-men scams and the identical staking dramas we had before. Imho we should focus on stricter punishments on offensive language and spam in global chats.

That's why I'm re-thinking if the staking ban really solved a problem or just shifted an issue or maybe even made it worse. Anyway, we would like to hear your input on this situation. Our main concern is toxicity, which we would like to solve without mutes/bans. Any ideas?
The following users liked this post: Pk Range99, 66destroyer3, Tomtim1, Themarfish, Cjkinsey6

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »
first of all, you know that around 40% of the  stakers never visit the forums, so we won't have their real intake on this.
second, i think that the item stakes could be brought back, to see how the community would react to another change, and see how they actually think.
that, or either remove the staking overall. you can see that there's no middle line here.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 04:27:30 pm »
Can you explain your post?

It's our decisions that define us

:)

Offline Luukey

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 04:28:19 pm »
My opinion is to back staking and to stake items because many players in emps are stakers and they quit cuz of the new rule to stake only 10m and if u back to stake items the value of the items will raise again because all stakers selling items for cheap

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 04:28:30 pm »

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 04:29:07 pm »
Stake limit didn't really have an affect, people still found a way around it, using a middleman for example. I think that removing all restriction would be actually good. As we have seen, scamming and crying over losses haven't stopped, without restriction, we would at least remove the ability to scam with the middleman. But this doesn't really affect me as I do not stake and do not really know the specifics of it. But I'm in favor removing all restrictions.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:47:20 pm by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Katias Bf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:29:28 pm »
im sure about what i will say if u did the stake with out limit u will kill the game.
because,they will quit more and more players by the cleaned and they don't have anything to do more in died  game.

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 04:30:57 pm »
My view on this is that the only thing that should/could be limited there is coin staking, aka disabling it and only being able to stake items to make items one big general currency, and coins another. Right now GP > ITEMS by miles.

Good option = remove all stake limits
Best option = only let it be items that are stakeable.

That's just my humble opinion.

The following users liked this post: 66destroyer3, Zudikas95187

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 04:33:35 pm »
My view on this is that the only thing that should/could be limited there is coin staking, aka disabling it and only being able to stake items to make items one big general currency, and coins another. Right now GP > ITEMS by miles.

Good option = remove all stake limits
Best option = only let it be items that are stakeable.

That's just my humble opinion.

I don't think that only letting people stake items will be the best solution. We already have a candidate that disproves that concept... which is the ability to stake only coins; the current situation. However, I do think that removing staking limits completely and acting stricter on offensive language could solve the problem.

Initially we wanted to fix the economy with banning item stakes.. Now, if that worked or not... you can make a picture of it yourself. Imho the same thing would happen if we just ban coin staking...

Sooo... my suggestion would be to remove these limits completely and be stricter on toxicity. Since that's a thing that really takes the fun out of games. Also, item prices have stabilized themselves now. I think it's quite in a healthy state. I could by most items that I needed on my alternative accounts within a short amount of time.

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 04:37:32 pm »
The toxicity always existed but it's just more visible with fewer people in the arena. Perhaps rewarding people for being nice would have a better effect? Also.. as i said, that's just what i thought would be best, but i could be very wrong :)

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 04:38:00 pm »
The toxicity always existed, and it's just more visible with fewer people in the arena. Perhaps rewarding people for being nice would have a better effect? Also.. as i said, that's just what i thought would be best, but i could be very wrong :)

So could I be! That's why we opened this thread... to get opinions and a discussion. :D
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 04:38:12 pm »
Can you explain your post?

1. Players lose their cash and all you would see is flamming in channel.
2. Players quit due to being stupid and throwing all their cash in duel arena stakes.

Bringing back duel arena stakes isn't going to fix anything but probably lead to having an increase in people losing everything/people quiting the server. If players want to do "Middle man stakes" that's really on them and they have only themselves to blame if they get scammed. If they start flamming the cc staff needs to step in and resolve the issue by muting the player. We don't need to increase the limit, 10m is more than enough, I was actually glad that item staking was prohibited it stopped me from staking all my armor at one point and I was very thankful for that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5