The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding The Stake Limit
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »
Primary goal was to reduce toxicity and hopefully see behavior improvement  through staking limits but that hasn't clearly happened. Staking limits were introduced because of toxicity and bad behavior which stakers (not all though!) can only blame themselves. If there's a bug in duel arena people have some odd need to abuse it immediately for their own benefit instead of reporting it and once they actually lose a lot because of that bug then they will report it.

"Middleman" scamming grew in popularity when limits were introduced and this was to be expected. We've completely ignored that and literally every person in duel arena has probably scammed each other. It's a double edged sword however. They would have most likely lost their cash and items anyway due to stakers/gambling addicts mentality.

Duel arena is always going to be a bad place if I can call it that way. It really seems that behavior improvements aren't possible in that place. Scams, flaming and bad behavior will happen there always, there's no changing that.

Only bad thing that can happen through free staking is item hoarding which might not be a bad thing. People may hoard a large stacks of items, including armor, weapons etc... which will cause their prices to go roller coaster. An item can be very low in price first and then suddenly skyrocket in price when one or two players have got most of them in their hands. That can be very frustrating and annoying for new players. It's normal for a market too. That's how market behaves. May cause inflation as well.

My vote is yes for free staking.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 04:39:43 pm »
Sooo... my suggestion would be to remove these limits completely and be stricter on toxicity. Since that's a thing that really takes the fun out of games.
I would be completely fine with removing all limits so long as it means we remove toxicity from the game.
;

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 04:40:37 pm »
first of all, you know that around 40% of the  stakers never visit the forums, so we won't have their real intake on this.
second, i think that the item stakes could be brought back, to see how the community would react to another change, and see how they actually think.
that, or either remove the staking overall. you can see that there's no middle line here.

I'll be regularly yelling in game and encouraging people to post here.

And we gained the insight that this isn't changed by restricting stakes at all. We now have middle-men scams and the identical staking dramas we had before. Imho we should focus on stricter punishments on offensive language and spam in global chats.

That's why I'm re-thinking if the staking ban really solved a problem or just shifted an issue or maybe even made it worse. Anyway, we would like to hear your input on this situation. Our main concern is toxicity, which we would like to solve without mutes/bans. Any ideas?
I think Thomy's post sums up the current issue quite nicely.
With the update, we have not solved the issue of toxicity within the staking community. We have now given them the opportunity to scam and create further drama with very little repercussion.

There is always going to be hostility in an environment which players regularly lose their cash/items, it's inevitable. We need to encourage players that there is more to the game than staking while still allowing them to have free reign over what they can do at the Arena.

Stricter punishments to those who are continuously offensive is definitely a good start.

Players should also be made aware that their ability to stake can be revoked at anytime, should they continue to misbehave ;).
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »
Stricter punishments to those who are continuously offensive is definitely a good start.

Agreed with this, this is probably the best solution for this, simple and efficient.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 04:47:35 pm »
Sooo... my suggestion would be to remove these limits completely and be stricter on toxicity. Since that's a thing that really takes the fun out of games.
I would be completely fine with removing all limits so long as it means we remove toxicity from the game.
You can add people you don't like to your ignore list and also turn public chats on friends only or turn them off completely :)

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Kaner

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 04:52:03 pm »
After losing a stake with the value over 50m, you'll get muted for 1 min so he can't flame to clan chat, this frustration lasts only for short amount of time so this 1-minute restriction could help.  :-X
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:55:03 pm by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 04:54:03 pm »
After losing a stake with the value over 50m, you'll get muted for 1 min so he can't flame to clan chat

LOL

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 04:55:38 pm »
Did staking restrictions fix economy?
Did staking restriction fix toxic attitude?

I have probably 90% of wild pkers in my ignore list, that's the only way you can fix toxic attitude in this game.
It's up to people who they want to communicate with, now that GE exists you don't have to be afraid of adding people to your ignore list.

Truly toxic players just want attention, when more players add trolls like these to their ignore list there's no more audience for idiots like that.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Skill0wzer, Kaner

Offline Fly Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 05:17:14 pm »
     I think then need give anything items back because its not fair I just get scammed 500m and I'm ready to quit ] but I'm waiting then some one change anything martin just say creat me helpdesk but I'm creat it but nothing gonna change he don't do nothing
As I am sure you are all aware, the recent changes to the duel arena made it impossible to stake amounts over 10m.
The staff team used this update as a trial, to see how such major changes to the Duel Arena would affect the community. Now we want to hear your input.
The Staff Team has began discussion about possibly removing the staking limit and maybe even bringing back item stakes. However we want to hear your guys thoughts/opinions, since this update will affect a large number of players.

Please keep the discussion civilised, everyone's input is valuable! :)

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 05:23:49 pm »
     I think then need give anything items back because its not fair I just get scammed 500m and I'm ready to quit ] but I'm waiting then some one change anything martin just say creat me helpdesk but I'm creat it but nothing gonna change he don't do nothing
As I am sure you are all aware, the recent changes to the duel arena made it impossible to stake amounts over 10m.
The staff team used this update as a trial, to see how such major changes to the Duel Arena would affect the community. Now we want to hear your input.
The Staff Team has began discussion about possibly removing the staking limit and maybe even bringing back item stakes. However we want to hear your guys thoughts/opinions, since this update will affect a large number of players.

Please keep the discussion civilised, everyone's input is valuable! :)
Man wtf why would you trust our opponent and his friends??? You're crazy

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, Themarfish

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 05:24:07 pm »
Well, this change has done nothing to remove toxicity, in fact it has increased it. I think the cap should be lifted and maybe even items stakes. People will always find a way around these limits and people in wildy aren't any less toxic than stakers.

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 05:39:16 pm »
Eventho I do believe that at some point duel arena should be removed or at least keep a limit over there for things,
however since I am not a staker my self, I can't actually have a word on the 10mil limit if its fine or high / low only stakers can give their opinions on this, however who got scammed during this time is 100% deserved as if they're dumb enough to trust and couldn't control their stakes then it is well deserved.

when it comes to changing it from only being ably to stake cash to both items + cash then I have as an Emps-world player to disagree on this, we had stable prices for a good few months already a change like this might make prices go crazy high then a day later crash so hard
we've seen what happened when the richest dude ing a year ago, aka Helari lost his items to some random players what happened to prices

like 40% of the economy back then went from 1 player to another that believed selling his items for cheap price to get some extra cash was a good idea which resulted on a huge price crash and a lot of drama, each time a staker buys a lot of items the price goes up by like 100%, however when he loses it to another staker the price of the items drops to half of what it used to be.

the whole idea behind limiting the stake to cash only instead both of items and cash was to have a stable prices and when we achieved that goal, you're asking us to change it back ? :/

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Jhonson

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 05:58:59 pm »
the whole idea behind limiting the stake to cash only instead both of items and cash was to have a stable prices and when we achieved that goal, you're asking us to change it back ? :/

It's simply a discussion and nothing is set in stone, we are still looking for more input before we reach a decision.

We appreciate everyone's comments, keep them coming :).

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 06:59:08 pm »
i thought that limiting staking to coins only was a weird idea. I expected a loads of items being thrown into the game which would crash the prices even more. Not sure if that actually happened or not. But limiting staking to 1m per stake was just crazy because it completely lost the whole concept of staking. It's pretty much like trying to cure speeding in traffic by taking away everyones license. Doesn't work that way. And people said that middle man scamming would become a thing but i guess somebody didn't believe and now we are there.

Middle man scamming exists because currently there is no way to gamble in a controlled environment.

Pking requires knowing the cb system, lots of practice, skill and talent to succeed. Plus somebody always has the upper hand in wilderness fight. Duel arena on the other hand is very controlled and straight forward system(if it was bug free ofc). You always have 50-50 chance of winning which makes it appealing over wilderness.

EDIT: also to reduce duel arena scamming that used to take place i suggest the following
Add 2 different types of duelling. A friendly match and staking. First one would bring you to a currently existing duel arena window where you can choose if prayers are allowed and whatnot(no stakes). Staking screen would inform the player that in the following match no armours, prayers or other skills can be used. Also, the already wielded weapon can be used only(or no weapon either, would be just a boxing match). Also a big ass fat red warning should be written that staff members don't take any responsibility for what happens in duel arena(no refunds) but if any bugs still exist they can and should be reported in the forums.

I vote for removing all kinds of staking limits(AND NO STAKING TAX).

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Dutch Pkerzs

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 07:30:26 pm »
would be great to remove stake limits because there alot of players got scammed ...
(i got scammed 420m and my friend 400m and alot more)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5