The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Prices
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:14:18 am »
Can someone explain to me actually, is there a way to gain stable prices again? I mean, for example, Arcane SS going from 140M to 40M is just downside.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 10:18:06 am »
Have stakers buy all the items you want prices changed on and alch them all

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 12:16:57 pm »
Have stakers buy all the items you want prices changed on and alch them all
Let's forget stakers. It's like they build our economy alone. :/

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:49:40 pm »
Looking at only one item is silly. You gotta realize that the rest of the prices have gone down as well. This means the relative prices of items have stayed about the same.

You also have to think how useful, or not useful Arcane really is. People PvM with angers and ZS most of the time when using melee. Can you equip an arcane? No. Do people PK with arcane? Hardly. Why should an item with low number of actual uses be worth 140M? You can see the same trend in Runescape: if something isn't useful, its price will crash. Divine peaked at 1B before Evolution of Combat was released in 2012. Now it's worth 6M because shield have no uses apart from 3 or 4 of the most highest of level bosses.

The only good weapon in Emps you would use arcane with is elemental whip, but that piece of crap is way worse than what anger weapons are.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 02:47:14 pm »
On corp's release everyone and their dog wanted spirit shields. Their stats weren't significantly better than alternative options, except for maybe divine. At the time their special effect was also way shittier than it is now, but despite numerous buffs to it, it's still not a reason you'd buy a spirit shield. The price of spirit shields then was purely based on their rarity.

Spirit shields dropped quickly once more started coming into the game. They've had some increases when stakers bought out all of them, but they'd instantly crash once that staker got cleaned and dumped them all onto the market. This is completely gone now that you can't stake items anymore.

There's no item sink for spirit shields and we're not gaining players at a significant rate, due to this the supply of spirit shields exceeds their demand, and the price decreases.

Regardless of their viability, it was inevitable that they dropped.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 03:57:27 pm »
Looking at only one item is silly. You gotta realize that the rest of the prices have gone down as well. This means the relative prices of items have stayed about the same.

You also have to think how useful, or not useful Arcane really is. People PvM with angers and ZS most of the time when using melee. Can you equip an arcane? No. Do people PK with arcane? Hardly. Why should an item with low number of actual uses be worth 140M? You can see the same trend in Runescape: if something isn't useful, its price will crash. Divine peaked at 1B before Evolution of Combat was released in 2012. Now it's worth 6M because shield have no uses apart from 3 or 4 of the most highest of level bosses.

The only good weapon in Emps you would use arcane with is elemental whip, but that piece of crap is way worse than what anger weapons are.

Also, as a fun fact: Saradomin sword has superior offensive bonuses when compared to non-elemental whip/d hasta + arcane. It costs 2M.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Wg Iron
Pages: 1