The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Offline Leo Jr

• Liked: 57 times
  • +0/-0
  • SPONGEBOB
    • View Profile
Re: Player Survey
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2014, 07:46:23 pm »
When I found out that Emps-Scape (Emps-World) was back, I immediately took my mindset back to where I was right before it went offline. Unfortunately, I was met with a few concerns: a new set of graphics, a wiped out bank, and, soon to follow my return, a new combat system.

New graphics

When I first played Emps-Scape, what really drew me into the game was the graphics.  I was so nostalgic for the graphics that I ended up getting 99s across the board in a matter of weeks.  When the graphic changes came along, I wasn't turned on by this.  At first, I tried to adjust, but I just felt like I was playing RuneScape 3, and so I played less.  What I enjoyed playing was a fixed client, with simple graphics, just like the old days of RuneScape.  In fact, when Emps-Scape closed, I went directly to Old School RuneScape and worked diligently on an account that now has many high levels.  It doesn't seem like the new graphics were introduced appropriately.  They should have been polled first, with the community agreeing to have them added or not.  It seems like what ended up happening is that we went forward with new graphics. We then gradually started to drop old graphics because they were 'causing more problems', and those kind of problems were never addressed appropriately, so we ended up sticking to new graphics only.  The classic client that exists now not only lacks any old graphics, but it is also more dysfunctional than the new, OpenGL client.  I am also having issues running it on my Mac, so it is not efficiently tested across multiple platforms, which may account for some player count drop.

Wiped out bank

Everything that I worked for in Emps-Scape was completely gone when I checked my bank on Emps-World.  This was a severe disappointment.  I had not only put in time and effort, but also my own money (donations) towards that bank.  All of it was removed.  Now, don't get me wrong, I can understand that it may have addressed the concern for the inflated economy on Emps-Scape, but even with such an economy, it was still a highly active economy.  You could log into Emps-Scape and you'd see hundreds of people standing outside of the Falador East Bank selling a variety of items.  This was convenient because everyone was selling something that you could find use for.  I can't give an honest opinion of what the economy is like right now because I've still been working to get my original bank back to where it once was.  Every time I am in Falador though, it seems like there is nobody there selling items.  This may be because I'm on at the wrong times, or that the economy is a lot less active than it once was.

New combat system

A few weeks ago, a new combat system was introduced that completely wiped out the existing bonuses.  It doesn't seem like this new system was adequately polled, or even prepared.  There have been dozens of 'tweaks' to items because they're too powerful or too weak.  The items that players once thought were useful are now completely useless, and vice versa for other items.  I would take an educated guess that even if a single person makes a post that says "X item is broken", there is another 10 players in-game that are frustrated because they're experiencing the same issue, but don't know that a fix has been addressed.  To be completely honest, I don't even understand why the old combat system was replaced if it worked so efficiently for so many years in Emps-Scape.  Even if it was 'messy', it was still something that people used and loved.

I would also like to add that having 99 in a lot of skills seems to have no real monetary gain:
4. As much as I remember from the old days, this game was about pking. Since pking is dead people quit. The second most popular activity was skilling, but that isn't profitable so no point in that - people quit.
The first thing I did in-game when I logged in was mining Runite ores, smelting Runite bars, smithing Rune platebodies, and alching them.  This gives me about 100K per inventory.  This is equivalent to 10 Ranarrs, according to current market prices.  What a joke.  The only way to make any decent money in Emps-World is to kill monsters and get rare drops.  If I get 99 Smithing, that should give me the ability to make good money because I worked so hard to get that level.
Can't agree more.. this is just, TRUE.

Offline Range111

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2014, 11:37:07 pm »
if i can give my opinion, i liked the old emps ( emps-scape ) more. because of all the old-school stuff and the better economy the differents between old and rich was bigger. now u can have the best set ( mage ) 30m, melee ( looking at 3age 20m ) thats not really hard to get ! but, before you had to play a lot, u need to merch.. work for your money ! that kind of things.

the economy is not as good as it was at the old Emps-scape. I play it because its different then RuneScape, but the last time its everytime more  and more looking at it.. i'll hope it will get back his old-school ( wings, lantarn, bow sword, camel mask ''high price'' p ring ''high price'', scarf ) and not that everything is free or very cheep. and my last point, no free member all the time. i'll pay for my member and than other players get it free.. befair against everybody !

sorry for my english if its not very well ! but i hope my message is clear !
and remember, i still like it, but the old was better !

Greets #range111
Its good, to be bad !

Offline Pker Bro X4

• +0/-0
  • Like-ah-sum-boo-dee!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2014, 11:47:08 pm »

Moreover I think the players who's playing this game so you should have created a poll before deciding it yourself,

Why don't you just do what players want? not what staff members discussing, not offensive for any staff members, Just said that because you might discussing about adding new things.
Since you want players to play give me what they want.
Tbh the player polls made Runescape what it is right now, because they swapped to player polls too... They vote against everything new.

People like Mary do not like updates for the players, but for an advance in the game only...  I'm not saying that we shouldn't advance, of course we should, but we keep advancing to be more like runescape.....

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2014, 12:24:39 am »

Moreover I think the players who's playing this game so you should have created a poll before deciding it yourself,

Why don't you just do what players want? not what staff members discussing, not offensive for any staff members, Just said that because you might discussing about adding new things.
Tbh the player polls made Runescape what it is right now, because they swapped to player polls too... They vote against everything new.

Players polls is what killed the new updates IMO. People are too scared of change and variety nowadays.
Exactly what I mean, and they will kill Emps too, I'm very sure of that.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new. "                   - Steve Jobs

Exactly the reason why polls will never work.
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Mary

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2014, 01:10:18 am »

Players polls is what killed the new updates IMO. People are too scared of change and variety nowadays.
Exactly what I mean, and they will kill Emps too, I'm very sure of that.

"You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new. "                   - Steve Jobs

Exactly the reason why polls will never work.
Haha, my game design college says 'Don't give the customer what he wants, give him what he needs.'

People like Mary do not like updates for the players, but for an advance in the game only...  I'm not saying that we shouldn't advance, of course we should, but we keep advancing to be more like runescape.....
All updates have always had an 'emps' touch.. ;)
Our monsters always drop other things than in RS, our items have always been different (anger for example) and our dungeons have always been unique to emps. Even some of our skills work differently in an emps' way. (mudskipper point for fishing, farming works different)
We can fill vials by talking to Zaff, we can go to Neitiznot isle to mine our gems, and we have our gay silk trader!

And that's what I like and would love to keep.

Offline Hulai2

• +0/-0
  • pain.. is weakness leaving the body.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2014, 04:49:25 am »
The old emps community grew up , got a job and started doing adult things.(mike scrob married)
I think that's the main reason, this server needs advertisement since the old playerbase has quit and there isn't a new income of players.

I don't think thats entirely true...
I played back in 2009 (?). I'm 22 years old now, got a girlfriend, got my own house and a full-time dayjob.
And I still like to play Emps.

But I do agree on the advertisement part...
Emps-world should really do some more effort on advertising.

Also the double-XP thing is like a drug...
People get addicted to it and hate it when it's turned off because they get used to it.
Make it a special event, like once a month but make sure to advertise the double-xp weekend date on the homepage.

This way you'll attract people and get huge number online in that specific weekend.
Also the economy will evolve, because everyone will be buying resources and will get ready for the double-XP weekend.

Totally truth.

Offline Samireem24

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2014, 05:14:29 am »
Wiped out bank!
Emps-Scape Ex-Staff!

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2014, 09:24:53 am »
Ty for all the feedback. I already have following updates planned:
  • Guardian Angel - Buyable for 500k - 1m cash; prevents death 1x outside the wilderness and minigames.
  • Increased item alch prices
  • Better drops for low and medium level npcs.

Typed on my phone :-)

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2014, 09:33:43 am »
Well the server wouldn't work for me until I got a new PC, this may suggest something? Like yeah, it worked on classic but I went from having 10 frames per second to about 3 frames per second. Playing in that lag is pretty much impossible, therefore I was inactive for about a week until I got my computer. It's possible that other players are experiencing the same problems.
Ex-Mod

#quit

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2014, 11:06:37 am »
Okay ty. I've never experienced a slower client. Gonna take alook at it now tho.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2014, 11:40:10 am »
Ty for all the feedback. I already have following updates planned:
  • Guardian Angel - Buyable for 500k - 1m cash; prevents death 1x outside the wilderness and minigames.
  • Increased item alch prices
  • Better drops for low and medium level npcs.

Typed on my phone :-)
Guardian angel? Sounds cool, reminds me of LoL :P

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Mr Rangeman

• Liked: 15 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2014, 12:32:16 pm »
3rd and prices is so low all the people got z spear, dclaws etc... People don't have motivations. in emps-scape had like lantern,bs,bunnys etc. Now nothing..
Also I think gwd is bullshit.. bring kolo,wyvern,troll general back and add gs-es to them. And take gwd off ing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:36:43 pm by Mr Rangeman »
PKER SINCE 2008!! :)

Offline Ryciukas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2014, 12:49:09 pm »
ECONOMY dfs 2m 3rd sets so cheap herbs so cheap to start game is rly hard...

Offline Chrismage109

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2014, 01:32:04 pm »
Two things.

I wanna start off by saying that this server isnt noob friendly. While everyone has their accounts back. And probably has like 100+ combat. People who just started are never gonna fill in with the server. You're not gonna get there by just killing moss giants over and over. People who just get started get 0 help. For example, i showed two of my friends this server, whom are completely new to servers, and they end up getting bored at lvl 30 combat, not knowing what amazing server is in front of them. The two things to get rich are, high monsters ( mostly by slayer ) and gambling/pking. No one who starts emps fresh, is gonna enjoy this server

The second thing is staking, there are so much people staking right now, due all the double exp people had. Most people are maxed accounts. And because there is a huge gap between a normal player and a welfare player. Everyone who has a little bit of cash tries staking. And maybe 2% of the whole community ends up getting rich from it

Give double exp > get maxed > go stake > lose bank > ragequit

Staking is alot of fun, but i think its way too much on this server.

Offline Skillz Purez

• Liked: 486 times
  • +0/-0
  • What defies us is how well we rise after falling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »
My irl friend quitted cuz of the new client, just doesn't work for him, tried everything and i guess emps-world isn't worth it to get a new computer.
(Thanks Bluestorm for the sexy siggy)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9