The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Pox90

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Player Count
« on: July 11, 2017, 02:19:52 am »
Just wondering why this server doesn't do some sort of advertising, I would bet that the player retention right would be very high for such a flawless unique server, that of the source especially. Thoughts?

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Player Count
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 03:20:08 am »
Not 100% sure, but I think thomy does advertise it on facebook iirc... we also did the voting system which did nothing for the server

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 04:33:27 pm »
There are bunch of ads running in various places and voting has proved not to do much for the server I guess.
We could have voting rewards to encourage people to vote but they should be separated from the economy completely so they don't affect it in a long run, i.e some kind of boosts or non tradeable items.

Then again having rewards for voting brings up the question; do you vote for your own benefits or the servers sake or both?
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 05:11:59 am »
It does have advertising though it doesn't have that much of an impact on Player Count. Unless you're full of ideas on how to bring players attention to play our server - I bet Thomy will rush to hear it out. Right now, Player count is affected not only by advertising. There is much more than it looks like. As Jp stated - voting system isn't going to do much unless there is proper rewards for voting.

Nah, who I am kidding... Player count usually relies on player having time to spare time to play and not. It's not about competing with other servers anymore. Not everybody in communities plays 6 hours(or more)per day and I bet there is a lot of those who just come for entertainment purposes, join buddies to chat around or have fun ing for 1 - 2 hours per day at best.

The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot, Makaveli0161

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 09:12:09 am »
As Jp stated - voting system isn't going to do much unless there is proper rewards for voting.
I worded myself poorly on my post. We did get enough (got to top 10 pretty quick I think) votes without rewards but having rewards might encourage people to vote even more.
It just didn't affect the player count or something so there was no point upkeeping it I assume. I actually have no idea on that because I didn't play at the time.

Having sponsored spots in Runelocus is pretty much a no no though due to how expensive it is.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »
As Jp stated - voting system isn't going to do much unless there is proper rewards for voting.
I worded myself poorly on my post. We did get enough (got to top 10 pretty quick I think) votes without rewards but having rewards might encourage people to vote even more.
It just didn't affect the player count or something so there was no point upkeeping it I assume. I actually have no idea on that because I didn't play at the time.

Having sponsored spots in Runelocus is pretty much a no no though due to how expensive it is.

Eventho such thing might be so expensive however Imo its worth the risk, I highly disagree on voting won't have any kind of impact on the game.
Voting before was removed because thomy thought exposing his ' 400 ' players back then to other servers will be a high risk eventho these 400 players could've easily checked runelocus or w.e its called whenever they feel like doing,

I do believe that sponsored spot at runelocus might actually help the game a bit
we should work together on what kind of rewards we think might be a good idea to have while voting ( without crashing the economy )

the kind of advertising we are doing now is the same as a person going to buy some food then in the menu of the restaurant finds a cheap car there ( in other words I am sure if my dad has me on his friend list @ facebook won't give a fuck about an ad there of emps )

change the name of the game back to emps scape ( eventho it might look silly but people has this name in their minds instead of ' world ' which i have no idea yet why we changed it.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Sponsored spot at Runelocus costs over 900 euros a month as far as I'm aware. If someone wants to pay that go ahead :P

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:35:35 pm »
change the name of the game back to emps scape ( eventho it might look silly but people has this name in their minds instead of ' world ' which i have no idea yet why we changed it.
Legal reasons. The name would've been kept if that would've been a possibility. Regardless I don't think it would affect the playercount in any way shape or form. Emps world is already the first result when you google emps scape.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:25:32 pm »
Sponsored spot at Runelocus costs over 900 euros a month as far as I'm aware. If someone wants to pay that go ahead :P

Yeah and that's only a single site of the dozen rsps lists :P

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 07:39:06 pm »
Runelocus is by far the biggest site where people look up servers, at least more known than others if I were to guess?
Thing with Runelocus is also that the spots at the top of the list might not even be for sale and are reserved for sponsored servers. Some spots you also have to pay months in advance or might not even be for sale at all because they're taken by other servers.

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »
Runelocus is by far the biggest site where people look up servers, at least more known than others if I were to guess?
Thing with Runelocus is also that the spots at the top of the list might not even be for sale and are reserved for sponsored servers. Some spots you also have to pay months in advance or might not even be for sale at all because they're taken by other servers.

And that's where the rewards will take a spot,
if you really think that people ing ( who actually play the game not like a hour a week ) will vote just for the sake of the server, then you're mistaken
unless you make their gameplay a bit more fun with high value rewards or more like something they actually want, they won't vote at all
When I say forcing them to vote for high rewards that changes every month, I actually mean they abuse the hell out of the voting and vpn system over the internet, otherwise 50 players won't be able to get the game to the 3rd page

Updating the server is something should be taken into account as well,
its more like a circle that we will never get out of it,
Less players --> not worth thomer time to update it weekly --> less updates --> people leaving because lack of updates --> repeat.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 08:09:30 pm »
Don't look at the player counter at the top and pull off conclusion based alone on it. We have far more unique players logging in per day than that. Player counter is a really poor guiding light when it comes to player base.

Having in-game rewards doesn't free up nor fund the advertisement spots from Runelocus or anywhere though so not really sure what were you trying to come up with that. What also should be factored in is the fact that if we were to have our banner show up there, other server banners will show up as well and might turn into a loss for us.

So, the question remains; Why make a free voting page and possibly expose our players to alternative servers when voting if there is no significant gain from it for us?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:11:44 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Charr

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 09:50:13 pm »

Having in-game rewards doesn't free up nor fund the advertisement spots from Runelocus or anywhere though so not really sure what were you trying to come up with that

What I meant is, having some decent rewards ing will force people to vote, which might actually get us into top 10 which almost has the same result as paying to stay in top, I didn't mean it help funding it.

. What also should be factored in is the fact that if we were to have our banner show up there, other server banners will show up as well and might turn into a loss for us.

So, the question remains; Why make a free voting page and possibly expose our players to alternative servers when voting if there is no significant gain from it for us?

Again, people knows the website there very well, they're not waiting for you to have a voting system so they can check any other server they want.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 10:59:12 pm »

Having in-game rewards doesn't free up nor fund the advertisement spots from Runelocus or anywhere though so not really sure what were you trying to come up with that

What I meant is, having some decent rewards ing will force people to vote, which might actually get us into top 10 which almost has the same result as paying to stay in top, I didn't mean it help funding it.

. What also should be factored in is the fact that if we were to have our banner show up there, other server banners will show up as well and might turn into a loss for us.

Again, people knows the website there very well, they're not waiting for you to have a voting system so they can check any other server they want.

Get to donating boi

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 12:13:56 am »
Except we were in the top 10 on all 4 sites we were on.

Given that vpn use can't really be avoided in any voting rewards would become worthless if tradable and a few hours work if not.
;
Pages: 1 2 3 4