The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: Player Count
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 11:39:57 am »
Games like these are dying IMO. Everyone who used to play this game has grown out of it. There are only a certain few old players who still play, which is a pity because this game was my childhood.
The only way of getting a higher player count is by waiting. Emps-Scape took 3 years to have a stable 300-500 players online at any given time. I'd say give it another year, if nothing improves, there's nothing much anyone can do, as everything else has already been done.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 02:04:32 pm »
Sponsored spot at Runelocus costs over 900 euros a month as far as I'm aware. If someone wants to pay that go ahead :P

WE ALREADY DID, if you did some math before posting this reply you would know how much the emps community already donated to the server over the past few years. Also on donating page it says that "Your purchases help us to keep Emps-World alive!" but i don't see Thomy spending the donations in the right places to make server grow bigger. Only paying for hosting and some FB adds which i think are completely useless. I can understand that maybe Thomy is just accepting the fact that game is slowly coming to end and don't want to drop extra +$1K just to try out if it will bring some new players and with introducing new rares (abyssal bows/staffs) he is just milking the last money from us before completely abandoning the server. That's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:06:05 pm by Crusher123 »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »
But how you do maths without numbers if I may ask ??? You can only make assumptions which rarely are right.

Dropping a huge amount of money for a good spot above all servers on Runelocus is not just a money question either. You'll need at least three different things to my understanding which are of course the money, luck and possibly the right contact(s).

There are many things donations are used for which are forums, in-game servers, advertising, Ddos protection and possibly more? There are certain budgets for everything and you just can't extend one without limiting the budget on other things.

If it would be so simple to make something grow it would have been done ages ago. Growth doesn't happen over night and there are also down times.

Games like these are dying IMO. Everyone who used to play this game has grown out of it. There are only a certain few old players who still play, which is a pity because this game was my childhood.
The only way of getting a higher player count is by waiting. Emps-Scape took 3 years to have a stable 300-500 players online at any given time. I'd say give it another year, if nothing improves, there's nothing much anyone can do, as everything else has already been done.
This is also a great point^ RSPS in general aren't popular anymore and that's no secret. Emps is doing great compared to other servers.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Iron Corne, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 05:17:05 pm »
Sponsored spot at Runelocus costs over 900 euros a month as far as I'm aware. If someone wants to pay that go ahead :P

WE ALREADY DID, if you did some math before posting this reply you would know how much the emps community already donated to the server over the past few years. Also on donating page it says that "Your purchases help us to keep Emps-World alive!" but i don't see Thomy spending the donations in the right places to make server grow bigger. Only paying for hosting and some FB adds which i think are completely useless. I can understand that maybe Thomy is just accepting the fact that game is slowly coming to end and don't want to drop extra +$1K just to try out if it will bring some new players and with introducing new rares (abyssal bows/staffs) he is just milking the last money from us before completely abandoning the server. That's just my opinion.

"Milking the money"

That statement hardly goes hand in hand with the other statement of the game dying. If there's no people here, who the hell is he milking the money from?

Also saying "amg we already did donate" shows how you missed the whole part of the 1k€ being a MONTHLY fee for the sponsored spot on a single site. You gotta keep donating boi, cuz it's only a minority doing so.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 06:20:08 pm »

"Milking the money"

That statement hardly goes hand in hand with the other statement of the game dying. If there's no people here, who the hell is he milking the money from?

Also saying "amg we already did donate" shows how you missed the whole part of the 1k€ being a MONTHLY fee for the sponsored spot on a single site. You gotta keep donating boi, cuz it's only a minority doing so.

Also can I add that Thomy needs to pay people. Aka Mary or other gfx for every new model, animation, and everything else our whiny community asks for and he implements to shut them up. There is a shit ton more money required to run this game than you think and I can see you don't have any knowledge about business or how to properly spend and use money wisely, especially if you're willing to drop 1k+ every month just to advertise a game genre that is already dying on a shitty site that hardly anyone visits

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 06:25:29 pm »

"Milking the money"

Also can I add that Thomy needs to pay people. Aka Mary or other gfx for every new model, animation, and everything else our whiny community asks for and he implements to shut them up. There is a shit ton more money required to run this game than you think and I can see you don't have any knowledge about business or how to properly spend and use money wisely, especially if you're willing to drop 1k+ every month just to advertise a game genre that is already dying on a shitty site that hardly anyone visits
Also lets be real, you gotta pay your rent somehow.. Can't really blame Thomer for that.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 06:30:42 pm »
Just checked how much would 30 days of advertisement would cost on Runelocus and rsps-list.com (Top webpages when googling for rsps list). Runelocus would be $300 for 30 days and same would be for rsps-list, but on rsps-list you can choose where you want ads to be displayed on for different prices. If we get a flashy and catchy GIF banner and if Thomy would be ready giving Emps last breath for $900 for 3 months of advertisement on Runelocus JUST to try if ads would actually help and get us the new players then it would be awesome, but if we still be at 50 players at the peak time after having the ads for these next three months then yeah, gg wp.

Source:
https://www.runelocus.com/advertising
http://www.rsps-list.com/page/advertise
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:36:20 pm by Crusher123 »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 06:48:32 pm »
Google Adwords

For the more advanced users, Google Adwords is a great way to advertise your RS private server. Your website will be displayed on Google’s search results and websites that uses Google Adsense (‘Ads by Google’… you can’t miss them!). You can target specific keywords and websites, and will only pay per click. Seeing as many RuneScape private servers use Google Adsense to generate some money, you can target their websites and display your advertisement on their website. Cheap advertising on your competitor’s website, wonderful isn’t it?

This is pretty interesting quote I found which explains google ads. Seems they provide pretty much the same thing as paid advertisements on Toplist websites.
I believe Thomy has used google ads a lot and has seen results come out of it. Hence they were used and are still being used instead of paid spots on Toplists.

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 09:54:00 pm »
@Crusher123

We had a signature of the week dedicated to creating an advertisement banner which would be used, you can see it here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=10546.0, I won the competition (and the rank of graphic designer) however the rank was removed from me due to "not using the banner anywhere" by Mary, I believe.

Anyway, I do believe we should have voting enabled again with items which would not affect the economy (so consumables, etc...). I know a few posts mentioned that it did not work out last time which is the main reason it got removed however, surely having it enabled would not harm the server? At least 1 new player would be better than none (if voting does not get enabled).

note: I have not read all of the replies within the topic therefore if this has been mentioned already feel free to ignore me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:21:48 am by Il Pk I »

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry
The following users liked this post: Kaner, S Clegane

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 03:08:14 am »
@Crusher123

We had a signature of the week dedicated to creating an advertisement banner which would be used, you can see it here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=10546.0, I won the competition (and the rank of graphic designer) however the rank was removed from me due to "not using the banner anywhere" by Mary, I believe.

Anyway, I do believe we should have voting enabled again with items which would not affect the economy (so consumables, etc...). I know a few posts mentioned that it did not work out last time which is the main reason it got removed however, surely having it enabled would not harm the server? At least 1 new player would be better than none (if voting does not get enabled).

note: I have not read all of the replies within the topic therefore if this has been mentioned already feel free to ignore me.
Hey Ozzy we havent spoken in a long time man, hope you are doing well.

RSPS are just dying in general, although I personally believe with a combination of a voting system, more advertising, and the addition of unique features this RSPS could grow substantially. One of the things that made this server stand out from all of the others back before it was shut down was the fact that people had the option to use either the older style graphics OR the new style, a very unique feature in my opinion that would bring back a lot of veteran players, and attract new players that are interested in using one of the available styles.

I will be honest, I came back and played for a solid year after the re-launch of Emps, what finally killed it for me is the graphics style, and how easy the game had become with double xp weekends and other shit. When I originally started playing Emps the game actually felt challenging and I felt like I was actually accomplishing something by getting 99s. Now getting a 200m stat is easy as all hell in my opinion. The game just lost its sense of achievement for me, I have not even bothered logging in to get 99 construction because I know I can buy a couple of double XP tickets and get 99 in a matter of hours.... Whats the point?

Even things like rare items are near impossible to work towards anymore because the people that own the items hoard them and/or are inactive, another thing i loved working towards back in the old Emps days.

I now only login twice a week to flip items to build my bank in the hopes that something changes about the game that motivates me to come back, adding new content will not make me come back to the game, only a drastic change in the way this server is ran in comparison to the old Emps will. I have been saying this for ages now and nobody listens.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:20:14 am by Callmedragon »
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Division66, Di Dot, S Clegane

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 06:53:49 am »
surely having it enabled would not harm the server? At least 1 new player would be better than none (if voting does not get enabled).
i think it was Thomy who made the point that we actually started losing people because of that. (They found other servers from toplists)

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 01:12:48 pm »
surely having it enabled would not harm the server? At least 1 new player would be better than none (if voting does not get enabled).
i think it was Thomy who made the point that we actually started losing people because of that. (They found other servers from toplists)
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Voting
It seems I haven't linked this wiki page enough.

One of the things that made this server stand out from all of the others back before it was shut down was the fact that people had the option to use either the older style graphics OR the new style, a very unique feature in my opinion that would bring back a lot of veteran players, and attract new players that are interested in using one of the available styles.
This feature is readily available in a multitude of servers nowadays. Having it around actively slows down developing pretty much anything as you'd need to develop it in basically two revisions. Not to mention the sheer amount of bugfixes necessary before this feature works in an acceptable way.

I will be honest, I came back and played for a solid year after the re-launch of Emps, what finally killed it for me is the graphics style, and how easy the game had become with double xp weekends and other shit. When I originally started playing Emps the game actually felt challenging and I felt like I was actually accomplishing something by getting 99s. Now getting a 200m stat is easy as all hell in my opinion. The game just lost its sense of achievement for me, I have not even bothered logging in to get 99 construction because I know I can buy a couple of double XP tickets and get 99 in a matter of hours.... Whats the point?
Once you are able to understand how to gain exp in a skill it becomes a matter of time rather than a challenge. As most people get older they are better able to understand things. Back in scape things seemed challenging because we were all fucking stupid. Unless you plan on being lobotomized there's no way to get that back. Gaining exp isn't challenging, it's a matter of time. Speedrunning it might appeal to some, but not everyone.

Handicapping yourself with things like ironman mode only gets you so far before you arrive at a point where things are just a matter of time again. Getting a void set is only a matter of playing a bit of pest control, it really isn't challenging. If you want a challenge you need content that is actually challenging.

You can get 99 construction in 2h without dxp if you have the materials and the ability to click. Regardless of the exp rate it wouldn't be a challenge anyways, it would be a matter of time.

Even things like rare items are near impossible to work towards anymore because the people that own the items hoard them and/or are inactive, another thing i loved working towards back in the old Emps days.
Idk I seemed to have no trouble getting my 10 oldschools. Really a matter of patience, persistence and rigged events.

I now only login twice a week to flip items to build my bank in the hopes that something changes about the game that motivates me to come back, adding new content will not make me come back to the game, only a drastic change in the way this server is ran in comparison to the old Emps will. I have been saying this for ages now and nobody listens.
Maybe there's a reason for that.

Pking is a thing, but given that it would take people's effort to revive I doubt anyone will do that anytime soon.
;
The following users liked this post: Division66

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 03:56:04 pm »
Mby no1 just wants to play this game
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Division66, S Clegane

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times