The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Oldschools
« on: February 24, 2017, 03:33:06 pm »
A long while ago the majority of the oldschools ingame got removed due to them being on a duper's account and that account being completely wiped. We were promised that they would be reintroduced, we were not given any information on when or how these would be given out. This topic is to discuss how they could or should be given out so that we may see them reintroduced somewhat sooner. It has been quite some time after all.

Once we have a few different methods I wouldn't mind putting up a poll as well. Keep in mind this is just a discussion, this is nothing official. I just wanted to hear people's thoughts and think they might be of use. Any kind of feedback on past oldschool giveaways is relevant as well.

My opinion
The dragon santa giveaway
This giveaway was completely random. I'm personally not really a fan of huge RNG, but at the very least it wasn't unfair to anyone. It brought the facebook page some attention too. On the note of dragon santas, the 6 ones that were gone don't really have to be reintroduced imo.

The duel tournament
Duel arena tournaments are a mess to host (at least from the ones I've seen). I wasn't actually present so I have no clue on how it actually went. It does bar out people that aren't max combat. I personally don't really like duel tournaments and wouldn't want to see them used for giving away oldies.

Hunt of the strangers
Despite actually winning the event, I don't have very many positive things to say about it. The rules of the event were changed mid-event, suddenly all npcs had to be found within a certain timeframe or the oldschools would not be given out and the event would be repeated. This was very frustrating, as I went from being guarranteed an oldschool to having a chance at losing it. I won it anyways, but I gave up 2 hours of sleep for it. Whatever is done for giving them away, once someone wins them they should not have to deal with a possibility of the prize being taken away from them. The locations for the npcs that did not give you an oldschool as a prize for finding them were also a lot more difficult to find than the ones that did give you an oldschool.

The rewards aside from oldschools weren't super exciting. They could've easily been given some consumable reward, like GA tickets, member tickets or dxp scrolls. There wasn't really a participation reward either (would be very difficult to do with this event but still mentioning it) there were a few people that wandered around the map for hours and got absolutely nothing for it.

Future events
  • There isn't really any kind of reward for contributing to our community. I would love to see people that have worked hard for our community to be rewarded in a way. An oldschool might be worth a fuckload of money, but I think it's a better way than picking someone at random.
  • I'm personally not against an event for oldies having high requirements, but if it does come with requirements the event should be announced quite a while before it's actually hosted. So that people that are somewhat close to meeting those requirements can get them.
  • Oldschools have a lot of value, simply selling them off could be helpful towards the economy. Albeit a one time thing, we could get a lot of items out of the game with it.
  • Given the fact that I've won two giveaways already, I wouldn't be upset if I was barred from winning more oldschools. I wouldn't mind helping with the organization of the events either.
That's all I have to say, discuss!
;

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Oldschools
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 03:38:40 pm »
What oldschools are there yet to be given out? Feels like we have plenty of each already.. And things like boxing gloves and fox that were uber rare back in scape shouldn't be introduced imo. Atleast not yet, should be some very special occasion.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:40:53 pm »
They all suck ass. They're going end up to some hoarder or the winners will keep them to themselves so ultimately 3 people benefit from them.
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Tomtim1, S Clegane

Offline Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 03:45:04 pm »
Well if the oldschools will be given in an event it should be hard for sure.

I would love to see people that have worked hard for our community to be rewarded in a way.

You're right that ppl who worked hard should be rewarded but not an oldschool item lol..

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 03:54:27 pm »
What oldschools are there yet to be given out? Feels like we have plenty of each already..
We're still missing two b-s and lanty.

And things like boxing gloves and fox that were uber rare back in scape shouldn't be introduced imo. Atleast not yet, should be some very special occasion.
Only talking about oldies we had previously in world, don't think we need new ones.
;

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:25 pm »
What oldschools are there yet to be given out? Feels like we have plenty of each already..
We're still missing two b-s and lanty.
Where does the total amount come from that we have to reach?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 04:04:29 pm »
Where does the total amount come from that we have to reach?
The amount of oldschools we had before some were deleted from the game, which is four.
;
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:13 am »
Make a contest to do something for it

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 11:49:55 am »
Just give me a OS set and i will fix the economy.

OT - Bring back fox and boxing gloves and shit. I like contest where i dont actually have to work for them. Raffles makes it fair to everyone. Last event looked cool, but didnt participate so cant really say something.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:52:53 am »
OT - Bring back fox and boxing gloves and shit.
Given that construction will be released, boxing gloves aren't really an option since they'll be used in the combat room.
;

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 12:12:47 pm »
Giving these items to people who worked the most to the community is so damn hard
as you've never explained what did you actually meant by that as it could be
Player who reported the most rule breakers
Staff member who dealt with the most cases
Player / Staff member who wrote the most in wiki
Player / Staff member who is active so damn much in game and always offers help
Player / Staff member who wrote so many useful guides
Player who cleaned annoying retards at duel arena and made them quit for the sake of the game < deserve a medal for this

I didn't really both Duel arena and Hunt  of the strangers events, as both resulted on over 60 players wasting hours for nothing

I don't really have any events in mind atm, I'll make sure to edit this reply once I do

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 12:33:00 pm »
Giving these items to people who worked the most to the community is so damn hard
as you've never explained what did you actually meant by that as it could be
Player who reported the most rule breakers
Player who cleaned annoying retards at duel arena and made them quit for the sake of the game < deserve a medal for this

I didn't really both Duel arena and Hunt  of the strangers events, as both resulted on over 60 players wasting hours for nothing

I don't really have any events in mind atm, I'll make sure to edit this reply once I do

You guys (plural, not targeting you specifically) are just suggesting these things so YOU would have a greater chance of acquiring these items if and when more oldschools are added. I much prefer the way RS3 distributes them by having time limited events you have a random chance of obtaining something for playing the event, similar to the Christmas events we've had. That way it's fair for everyone, and more than 2 rares will enter the game and more people will actually be interested in them.

You might ask why stuff like the sugar cane and such aren't popular. I guess the main reason for that is that it isn't a bow sword or a lantern. Those items possess the nostalgic value the new items do not have. Partyhats in RS didn't increase in price from 10M to 5B in a day. It took them a solid 10 years. Only introducing 2 rares into the game at a time will kill people's interest in them because overtime there will be none of them active in the whole game.

Ultimately what the fuck is the freaking point of these items if 10B cash isn't enough to buy one, making money by actually playing the game is slow as hell and people want to add money sinks in staking will only speed up the pace of people getting cleaned. There isn't a point. Everything you've said so far will do nothing but further encourage staking.

Back when I had a bowsword is Scape, it was barely worth 1B and at the same time donator whips were like 140M. That around 7 whips or so for a BS. That should put into perspective how retarded the current prices of over 10B rare currently are.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 01:28:08 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 01:45:53 pm »
Auctioning sounds pretty stupid, not wanting to implement duel area fee and then basically trying to sink 10s of billions by selling stakers oldschools. We had auction in the past and it did nothing significant regards to economy.

There's probably more staff members then there are people who can afford to buy oldschool from an auction, imagine if you only held event for staff members how would people react.
Staff members help the game alot more then a staker sinking 10b imo.

I think we should just do lottery quick and easy, every event so far has been annoyingly long or done in less than 15minutes. Alot of staff member's time and preparation go into events that are either annoying or frustrating.

Reward from these giveaways is potential to get oldschool, that's what people care about the most; not the structure of the event.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:51:05 pm »
Auctioning sounds pretty stupid, not wanting to implement duel area fee and then basically trying to sink 10s of billions by selling stakers oldschools. We had auction in the past and it did nothing significant regards to economy.

There's probably more staff members then there are people who can afford to buy oldschool from an auction, imagine if you only held event for staff members how would people react.
Staff members help the game alot more then a staker sinking 10b imo.

I think we should just do lottery quick and easy, every event so far has been annoyingly long or done in less than 15minutes. Alot of staff member's time and preparation go into events that are either annoying or frustrating.

Reward from these giveaways is potential to get oldschool, that's what people care about the most; not the structure of the event.

We could rotate Kolodion's drop table every now and then, monthly or every 2 months for example. That would take very little effort do and it would be available for pretty much everyone since killing it can be done in black d hide. Would add some incentive to PKing as well.

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 02:29:26 pm »
We could rotate Kolodion's drop table every now and then, monthly or every 2 months for example. That would take very little effort do and it would be available for pretty much everyone since killing it can be done in black d hide. Would add some incentive to PKing as well.
So skillers who by the way have been around for years and have already limited themselves from certain gameplay features are also limited from having access to those rares that are suppose to be equally obtainable for everyone?

So... Charr only?

Pages: 1 2