The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Oldschools
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 03:08:17 pm »
We could rotate Kolodion's drop table every now and then, monthly or every 2 months for example. That would take very little effort do and it would be available for pretty much everyone since killing it can be done in black d hide. Would add some incentive to PKing as well.
So skillers who by the way have been around for years and have already limited themselves from certain gameplay features are also limited from having access to those rares that are suppose to be equally obtainable for everyone?

I can't remember saying anywhere that that should be the only way of obtaining them. Can you please point out that part for me? It was just an idea.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 03:33:40 pm »
We could rotate Kolodion's drop table every now and then, monthly or every 2 months for example. That would take very little effort do and it would be available for pretty much everyone since killing it can be done in black d hide. Would add some incentive to PKing as well.
So skillers who by the way have been around for years and have already limited themselves from certain gameplay features are also limited from having access to those rares that are suppose to be equally obtainable for everyone?

I can't remember saying anywhere that that should be the only way of obtaining them. Can you please point out that part for me? It was just an idea.
And I'm just discussing your idea, no need to get all defensive <3

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 04:23:58 pm »
You guys (plural, not targeting you specifically) are just suggesting these things so YOU would have a greater chance of acquiring these items if and when more oldschools are added.
"Given the fact that I've won two giveaways already, I wouldn't be upset if I was barred from winning more oldschools. I wouldn't mind helping with the organization of the events either." Do hope you didn't include me in that statement.

Ultimately what the fuck is the freaking point of these items if 10B cash isn't enough to buy one, making money by actually playing the game is slow as hell and people want to add money sinks in staking will only speed up the pace of people getting cleaned. There isn't a point. Everything you've said so far will do nothing but further encourage staking.
It serves as somewhat of an 'end' goal in terms of wealth. I understand that that doesn't appeal to a lot of people.

I think we should just do lottery quick and easy, every event so far has been annoyingly long or done in less than 15minutes. Alot of staff member's time and preparation go into events that are either annoying or frustrating.
This sounds promising.

Staff member who dealt with the most cases
Player / Staff member who wrote the most in wiki
Player / Staff member who is active so damn much in game and always offers help
Player / Staff member who wrote so many useful guides
So... Charr only?
Luckily this Charr person has already said this:
"Given the fact that I've won two giveaways already, I wouldn't be upset if I was barred from winning more oldschools. I wouldn't mind helping with the organization of the events either."
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 06:09:58 pm »
Ultimately what the fuck is the freaking point of these items if 10B cash isn't enough to buy one, making money by actually playing the game is slow as hell and people want to add money sinks in staking will only speed up the pace of people getting cleaned. There isn't a point. Everything you've said so far will do nothing but further encourage staking.
It serves as somewhat of an 'end' goal in terms of wealth. I understand that that doesn't appeal to a lot of people.

What kind of an end goal would it be if 99% of the players would never be able to achieve the said goal no matter how much wealth they have on their account because of other people not willing to depart from their items? With the current extremely limited number of oldschools in game, their value cannot be measured in money. Rares were commonly traded in scape because of how many there were of them in total. To make the ''end goal'' thing actually work we would have to limit people from having more than 1 oldschool at a time.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 06:14:01 pm »
So... Charr only?
Luckily this Charr person has already said this:
"Given the fact that I've won two giveaways already, I wouldn't be upset if I was barred from winning more oldschools. I wouldn't mind helping with the organization of the events either."
Yeah, let's not let Michael Phelps into the olympics pool again too. Nah, i don't think you should be 'barred from winning more'

Rares were commonly traded in scape because of how many there were of them in total.
We also had 10x the player count.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 06:16:44 pm »
We also had 10x the player count.

Still, the rarity of stuff like bowswords and lanterns in Scape were similar to the rarity of sugar canes now in World.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 06:19:20 pm »
Yeah, let's not let Michael Phelps into the olympics pool again too. Nah, i don't think you should be 'barred from winning more'
I'm saying this of my own free will. I'm not saying I should, I'm saying I wouldn't mind being barred. That's quite the difference.
;

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 08:30:32 pm »
Giving these items to people who worked the most to the community is so damn hard
as you've never explained what did you actually meant by that as it could be
Player who reported the most rule breakers
Player who cleaned annoying retards at duel arena and made them quit for the sake of the game < deserve a medal for this

I didn't really both Duel arena and Hunt  of the strangers events, as both resulted on over 60 players wasting hours for nothing

I don't really have any events in mind atm, I'll make sure to edit this reply once I do

You guys (plural, not targeting you specifically) are just suggesting these things so YOU would have a greater chance of acquiring these items if and when more oldschools are added. I much prefer the way RS3 distributes them by having time limited events you have a random chance of obtaining something for playing the event, similar to the Christmas events we've had. That way it's fair for everyone, and more than 2 rares will enter the game and more people will actually be interested in them.

You might ask why stuff like the sugar cane and such aren't popular. I guess the main reason for that is that it isn't a bow sword or a lantern. Those items possess the nostalgic value the new items do not have. Partyhats in RS didn't increase in price from 10M to 5B in a day. It took them a solid 10 years. Only introducing 2 rares into the game at a time will kill people's interest in them because overtime there will be none of them active in the whole game.

Back when I had a bowsword is Scape, it was barely worth 1B and at the same time donator whips were like 140M. That around 7 whips or so for a BS. That should put into perspective how retarded the current prices of over 10B rare currently are.

I like the idea by getting the oldschools more available just for the nostalgia. Afterall its the reason why many players are trying to merch and make a bank. Crash the price and release "oldschools" reasonably with player count.

Also, i have had bow swords and most of the oldschools in scape for as long as i can remember.
But i can not reckon it being worth 1b when the whips were 140m. So i guess you are saying this is before the -10x money update?
My memory might be shitting on the toilet, but i really dont remember that. What was the prices on bow sword in the oldschool shop?

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 08:44:27 pm »
BS was around was 1B way before the money update. I cannot remember any of the exact prices on the oldschool shop since it was after the money update and I quit caring about oldschools at that point, but most were 300M-1B I think.

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »
charr wants to keep his dragon santas value :kappa:, imo the events should be more luck based over skill, like the staking event was, this way more players have a chance at it, not only those who have played this for years and years

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 06:34:57 pm »
BS was around was 1B way before the money update. I cannot remember any of the exact prices on the oldschool shop since it was after the money update and I quit caring about oldschools at that point, but most were 300M-1B I think.

1.7b, I bought one back then

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
Pages: 1 2