The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Skills4mills

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Old Graphics
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:06:33 am »
Just wondering if we will ever be able to play old-school graphics on emps again? For example posiblity of choosing Old Graphics or New Graphics in client. I personally love old school graphics and I loved how it was on 2011-2012 emps. Thank you for your anwsers:)

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Old Graphics
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:09:32 am »
Old graphics wont come back, sorry.

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Skills4mills

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:10:56 am »
May I know why?

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:52 am »
I don't think in anyway that oldschool suits our revision, you can turn off every graphic option and you'll get one semi to it tho :P

And no, it won't come back

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Mod Mary

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 11:18:59 am »
It's not compatible with the client we have currently, lots of models would be bugged and out of sync
Would require a whole game rework and that's just not worth it.

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:16:15 pm »
These are a lot better and smoother from the rectangular characters we had 2-3 years ago. I think it's for the best

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• Liked: 31 times
  • +0/-0
  • "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »
It's not compatible with the client we have currently, lots of models would be bugged and out of sync
I never knew. I'm with Skills4mills on this one tho. I, myself love old-school client. I love it when back in the days, Thomy invited 2 client and we're able to choose from Old-school to new. I always choose Old-school because its faster and not so laggy. Everytime I play the new version that we currently have, my client are so slow that I could nearly barrage anyone at castle war while he or her is running (or me). That's why I was suggesting this before. But guess a no is a no. Too much work for the staff.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and
you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Mod Mary

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:22 pm »
I never knew. I'm with Skills4mills on this one tho. I, myself love old-school client. I love it when back in the days, Thomy invited 2 client and we're able to choose from Old-school to new. I always choose Old-school because its faster and not so laggy. Everytime I play the new version that we currently have, my client are so slow that I could nearly barrage anyone at castle war while he or her is running (or me). That's why I was suggesting this before. But guess a no is a no. Too much work for the staff.
The new client is basically nothing different from the 'old client'. You can change your settings to minimalistic, without stuff and then its less laggy.
New client depends on how good your pc is, the better the pc, the better the new client will be than the old client

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 08:14:40 pm »
It will never happen, the server is moving forward.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Skills4mills

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »
It's not about moving forward, I agree that updating server includes graphic updates but as Fisher mentioned we were able to choose few years ago. Tbh switching options to lowest WILL NEVER change animations, for example axe swings (that I love in old graphics and it's meh in new) or simple player characters. I'm not saying they should make it happen I was just wondering if there's a possibility. Keep up the great game which I'm enjoying every second of and please keep this in mind - I'm sure community has a right to choose aswell!

Mod Mary

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 08:34:27 pm »
It's not about moving forward, I agree that updating server includes graphic updates but as Fisher mentioned we were able to choose few years ago. Tbh switching options to lowest WILL NEVER change animations, for example axe swings (that I love in old graphics and it's meh in new) or simple player characters. I'm not saying they should make it happen I was just wondering if there's a possibility. Keep up the great game which I'm enjoying every second of and please keep this in mind - I'm sure community has a right to choose aswell!
Yeah ofcourse the community has a vote, and nothing is impossible. It is possible, but it will be just as much work as creating a whole new game, because every model will need to be replaced and made bugfree, which is not worth it.

There should be an optimum between the effects of an update and the work that is required for it.

Offline Skills4mills

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 08:35:45 pm »
Yeah ofcourse the community has a vote, and nothing is impossible. It is possible, but it will be just as much work as creating a whole new game, because every model will need to be replaced and made bugfree, which is not worth it.

There should be an optimum between the effects of an update and the work that is required for it.

True, but Thomy might have kept old files from emps-scape before it was shutdown. I don't know that, just saying.

Mod Mary

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »

True, but Thomy might have kept old files from emps-scape before it was shutdown. I don't know that, just saying.
Yeah there are probably old files, but the whole framework of the server changed when it moved from old to new, which makes it incredibly difficult to integrate both, as theyre barely compatible.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:30:58 pm by Mod Mary »

Offline Jimmyb13

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 01:16:29 pm »
I do miss the old graphics, but love the new ones aswell :D

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 02:40:37 pm »
I really don't see the interest in the older graphics? I don't want to feel like I'm playing Pac-Man tbh.
Pages: 1 2