The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
New update: was this really needed ?
« on: April 17, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »
So ive been playing alot today, i was one of the first people to farm the korasi it toke me 1 hour and 52 min and i only used the double xp scroll once. So as a player who used to play alot and have loved and do love the game already aigan.

Right now it takes only a few hours to farm the void set, i wonder how this comes?  i know the minigame was supposed to be saved but was this really needed? ive spoken with alot of players today and ive heard few players be very happy for this update (mainly new players) because they can make easy money this way.

But ive also spoken to alot of players who have played for a very long time both in emps-world and in emps-scape. they all see huges disadvantages of this update just like i do. When the void set only takes 2 hours to gather there is nothing speciel about it.

I know this update was supposed to give the minigames more life aigan, but i think by doing this the economi is at risk and in the end wont void also just be worthless ? when you only have to play 10 rounds to get the most expensive part ? (1 round is about 2min and 30 sec)

Would like to hear other peoples thoughts about the update :)
Sorry for my bad english, happy playing

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: New update: was this really needed ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:05:24 pm »
I don't think you can predict the impact on the economy on the update day. It will take some time for things to balance themselves out.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:07:19 pm »
I get why veterans are quite upset with void at the moment, the full set can be farmed in around 3h right now, it's disgustingly easy to get.
However, due to void now being dropped on death I think thomy didn't want to destroy it in PvP entirely. So you can now risk your void, the update was mainly aimed at PvP since void pkers were becoming a problem. The problem was that they risked almost nothing and could hit stupidly high, now they risk their void, which is better.

Though you could farm full void in 3-4h before the update, it required a LOT more effort to actually do. You pretty much had to solo kill everything for 15 minutes, now you can do it with a lot of people at once. I'd say that's a better thing, since it stops people from bashing eachother over playing the actual minigame.

Pest was dead content, now look at it. People are afraid of change, though it's the very thing we need.
;
The following users liked this post: Make It Real

Offline Icecloud

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
  • Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:10:11 pm »
Pest Control is packed right now, wait until it calms down to try and make an actual judgement..
Style

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 01:23:05 am »
Back before

Void wasn't tradeable, and it was in EW back then

The torse and the defenders were tradeable and i was making pile of cash every day from getting those

About the void, im not upset about it, it's good for PvP tho.

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:47 am »
Void won't be worthless as it is untradeable anyway. As for the new sword, yes; the price of it will be significantly lower in a few weeks than it is today.
As for the minigame itself, it will be dead content again in weeks to come; or, if we're lucky, in 2-3 months. Once people have their new sword, they won't want to play it again. Also, once people have the sword and want another sword to sell perhaps, they won't want to because of the price decrease in weeks to come.

Those are simply my views on it. The hype won't last forever.

EDIT: I forgot Void items were now tradeable, ignore the first sentence. :kappa:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 05:23:28 am by Joshiee »
Pages: 1