The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
Re: New Game Loader
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 08:30:47 pm »
Looks good! The "Grand Exchange soon" thing will stay on it for a long long time tho :kappa:

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 08:34:23 pm »
I like this a lot. I enjoy that you're adding in a feature that allows the players to see what the newest updates are.

Offline Archer

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 01:20:44 am »
That is a brilliant idea! Looks beautiful!  :)

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 01:37:12 am »
Green + red, is it Christmas already? :kappa:

I'd much rather prefer brown background, to be honest. Otherwise, looks nice!

Online Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 02:46:33 am »
nO THX
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:39:00 am by Yaz »

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 05:38:42 am »
I like the overall idea of the launcher however I would have went for the Blizzard style launcher. You can see the Blizzard launcher below and also how I think it would look on Emps-World.

Blizzard

Emps-World

I did not aim to make it look perfect as it was created quite quickly but you can see the basic idea I'm suggesting. The launcher should have navigation to the following sections: Main website home page, forum, wiki (wasn't sure what else so I added donate however I'm sure a lot more could be added).

The slideshow would work the same way the current one works (on the beta client) and would scroll through a certain amount of images (3 of the recent updates?) and users could read more by clicking on the description below it (taking them to the main topic on the forum) and also clicking on the main image to enlarge it (like the current system works).

The featured box could be anything from having a sneak peak at the new update or even asking the community what they think about one of the updates already released. This could also feature some of the competitions on the forum (such as signature of the week) and also the event dates for important events (such as Christmas Hide and Seek).

The play button would be the exact same of how the current button works such as opening the actual client for the user, nothing really changes there.

I've also left the same amount of space along the left side of (where the Blizzard games were listed) in-case I've missed anything important. If the space was removed I would also suggest another box for listing all of the staff members currently online as this would be quite helpful and I already know a number of users have suggested commands, etc for this feature already. You can see an example of this below:

The status of the staff member would be set to away if the staff member did not move for around 15 minutes. High administrators would not be listed for obvious reasons (getting spammed to hell).

Final product

This is an intriguing concept, and I love it.  It would be phenomenal with the appropriate refinements.

(quoted the whole thing because this need to be seen more)

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 10:19:20 am »
Thanks a lot Ozzy, that was exactly the layout idea I was looking for:
Looking good so far! :)
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, C4 Nerd, Il Pk I, Hugo Terwiss, Blue Bird
Pages: 1 2