The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
Name change
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:21:59 pm »
Hello,

I got an issue, that issue is a stupid account name put when I was 12 years old when I started this game. This day I am 21 years old and I would loooooveeee, let me tell you that I would LOOOVEEEE to change that dumbass account name. I know that in the past people have done it but it means they lose all the excess xp from lvls. SO. If there is a possobility to change the name then I am willing to pay real life money for it.

Please make it possible.

Peace
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: Name change
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:52:37 pm »
You're not the only one with a shit name bro 8)

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Joshiee

Offline Tomtim1

• Liked: 232 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ironman: Iron Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 03:53:03 pm »
Welcome to the club 8)

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:01:44 pm »
There is no feature for a name change. Maybe in the future who knows.

Offline Rlc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 04:05:09 pm »
There is no feature for a name change. Maybe in the future who knows.
You think that Thomy would make that possible if I am ready to splash the $$$ for it? That would also include me not losing excess exp

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »
No because there's no feature for it meaning it is not possible to change your name iirc. Previous "name changes" were done by setting the levels on fresh account but that won't be done even if you were to pay for it. No idea why the previous ones were made either because I didn't play at the time. Might want to try contact those whose had their names "changed" if you want to know why.
There might or might not be name changing feature in the future if Thomy ever decides to develop one.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 05:17:56 pm »
No because there's no feature for it meaning it is not possible to change your name iirc. Previous "name changes" were done by setting the levels on fresh account but that won't be done even if you were to pay for it. No idea why the previous ones were made either because I didn't play at the time. Might want to try contact those whose had their names "changed" if you want to know why.
There might or might not be name changing feature in the future if Thomy ever decides to develop one.

Mary did them manually back when she was a high admin by setting the levels on a new account and resetting the old account's stats after the player transferred the items they needed. This meant that all untradeables were lost. It was just a bunch of wasted effort for the little to no benefit it gave to they player whose name was changed.
The following users liked this post: Jp, S Clegane

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 05:43:27 pm »
Good old times.  8)

Could be a nice feature. Also could get quite messy within a community this small. Nevertheless you chose your username and have decided to play on it over the years.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 06:57:20 pm »
It's possible, you'd just have to get someone with rights 5 to set the stats and transfer all untradables.

There was a time when you could donate to have a high admin transfer your stats/untradables, this was all done very unofficially though. It's been done several times for staff for free, whether necessary or just because a staff member wanted a different name. Given the sheer amount of trouble it'd be to have a name changing system available to everyone I don't think it'll happen soon. If name changes happen they'll probably be very expensive and few in number.

Looking at your stats you're probably better off just making a new account. Given that you're not maxed it shouldn't take you too long to get back to where you were if you put some hours into it. You'd be where you were long before anyone's name gets changed.
;

Offline Rlc

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 07:15:08 pm »
It's possible, you'd just have to get someone with rights 5 to set the stats and transfer all untradables.

There was a time when you could donate to have a high admin transfer your stats/untradables, this was all done very unofficially though. It's been done several times for staff for free, whether necessary or just because a staff member wanted a different name. Given the sheer amount of trouble it'd be to have a name changing system available to everyone I don't think it'll happen soon. If name changes happen they'll probably be very expensive and few in number.

Looking at your stats you're probably better off just making a new account. Given that you're not maxed it shouldn't take you too long to get back to where you were if you put some hours into it. You'd be where you were long before anyone's name gets changed.
if tou have one account for a while you start to love it. I want to carry on with what I have not start a new account. Of course it would be a bit messy but also a way to donate some for thomy and make it possible. It is in runescape. I wouldn't mind if it said "formerly known as tiiger14" behind my new name and it could fade in proper time once people get to know me with my new name.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 09:31:55 pm »

if tou have one account for a while you start to love it. I want to carry on with what I have not start a new account. Of course it would be a bit messy but also a way to donate some for thomy and make it possible. It is in runescape. I wouldn't mind if it said "formerly known as tiiger14" behind my new name and it could fade in proper time once people get to know me with my new name.

Yes it's in Runescape because the game is developed by a company that has hundreds of people hired.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Tomtim1

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:17 am »
Reminds me of situation when Saoledpede1 went to Magecrune real quick.
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:01 am »
I've been told that will become a thing like, 2 years ago when I changed my account name
as Charr previously said, being a staff member actually helps you a bit in this situation
eventho I had to pay Joshiee over 200mil to donate for me,

Actually it used to be an official thing, Donate for 7 rares and give it to martin and you'll have a name change

Idk why they stopped, or why Thomy didn't work on such thing for the past 2 years

the main problem he mentioned before was what will happen to the name in friend list, or something like this
eventho who wants a name change, means he won't really like the idea of showing ' Ameer ' and when you move ur mouse over the name ' Used to be ameer122 '

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 03:24:38 pm »
You're not the only one with a shit name bro 8)
i don't see nuffin wrong

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
Lt Drugs in disguise .. hmm
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1 2