The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Let's discuss the economy (again)
« on: December 18, 2016, 03:53:45 pm »
I've been seeing a lot of people go on about how terrible the economy is in it's current state. So I wanted to open up a discussion about it. Please keep this discussion civil and don't bash anyone for their opinion. That however does not mean you can't criticize them for it.

We will be talking about the following subjects:
  • Item prices
  • Moneymaking
  • Sinks
  • The no item staking change
  • The death timer change
My opinion
First off, my opinion may be somewhat biased due to the way I play the game. I'm by no means saying my opinion is absolute, it's just what I think of it. My opinion is mostly based on my experience with things and things I've commonly come across.

Item prices
I've heard quite a few people complain about the prices. Some say it makes it really difficult to make money from bossing, others say it makes it so there are no large things to work towards. While I see where those people are coming from, I find it difficult to agree with them.

I can understand it makes PvM quite a lot less satisfying if the factor of being able to get absolute bank from a single drop every time you get a kill, however in my experience that's really not where the bulk of the money from PvM comes from. I may not be too big on bossing, but the majority of money I've made from bossing came from the non-rare drops. Which would suffice to make me believe killing that boss was worth it.

As for there being no large goals to work towards, I fully disagree with that statement. While pretty much all items have gotten cheaper over time, you still don't attain a full tab of max gear by killing goblins for a few minutes. Buyable skills also still aren't all that cheap. There are things to work towards, the lower prices just put less of a focus on gear.

Moneymaking
So many people seem to not be willing to do anything more complex than begging or picking up snowballs for money, it's somewhat sad. I've had quite a few people ask me how to make money, and usually the first response I get from them is either "I don't have the levels" or "I don't have the gear". In my opinion there are more than enough ways of making money, however it wouldn't be that bad to have something to get these kind people to do stuff.

It might be nice to have something people can do daily/weekly/monthly for a quick sum of cash. Just to get them a very basic amount of gear and put them in a place where they can take on the low-medium levels of PvM. It might also be a good idea to add more basic gear to shops.

Moneymaking methods for lower levels in skilling might also be a decent idea, though I currently don't have any good ideas for this and there are currently some methods ingame already.

Sinks
I don't really have to state why we need sinks, I think I've done that enough times. It's just rather difficult to think up and implement a good one. So I'm just gonna talk about a single idea I've had for this part.

We've never really had something the community could collectively work and contribute towards ingame. What I thought of was sinking items for a double exp weekend. There would be an object or npc we could donate items and maybe cash to. Everything donated would add a bit of progress towards the goal of a double exp weekend. There would be no time limit to this goal.

To prevent people from just donating junk, there should be a whitelist of things that you're able to donate. If specific items need to be sinked, they can be given a bonus multiplier towards progress if those specific items are donated. There might need to be a limit to the amount of dxp weekends we can have monthly to not end up in the situation we were in with dxp weekends before. Alternatively, double ticket weekends could be part of this as well.

There should be a list of people that contributed towards it so that people can have fun bragging about it. It might also be something for clans to work on and contribute to.

The no item staking change
In my opinion this was a necessary change. Stakers buying out items would cause items to skyrocket and plummet in price every now and then, I'm quite glad that that's no longer much of an issue. It improves the flow of items in the economy by a lot, it's a great change.

The death timer change
I'm not sure what my stance is on it. On one hand, players are actually losing their items to death, which is good because dying is supposed to be somewhat of a punishment. On the other hand, it's extremely frustrating for people that they physically can't return in time to certain locations to pick their stuff back up whereas they could've before. Other people also have an easier time getting your items after you die, which kind of defeats the purpose of the change. This change shouldn't be final, that's all I really have to say about it.

That's all I have to say for now. Feel free to post your own thoughts on the topic.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Papa Troq, Hi Im Ethan, Wg Iron

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the economy (again)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:08:04 pm »
Charr's opinion in nutshell: You only want sinks so you can increase the total value of your multi-billion bank even further :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Icedrags

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 04:09:55 pm »
Charr's opinion in nutshell: You only want sinks so you can increase the total value of your multi-billion bank even further :kappa:
You got me, the only reason I ever write suggestions/feedback/discussions is because I want my bank to be bigger. :kappa:
;

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 05:35:28 pm »
Oh please let's not.

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 06:12:05 pm »
the item sink idea is a good one, that should be made i think it would really profit everyone.

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 06:12:49 pm »
1) On death timer.
It should be increased, for example, I did Obsidian Terror Quest, not knowing anything about Obsidian Dragons abilities, and died to to it at the very end and thus making it hard to run back, when you haven't got another anti-dragon shield or proper gear to fend off it's attacks easily. So, teleporting back to it, was actually pain and stuff disappeared right in front of my eyes. Though, I'm not mad, I can grind that stuff back, but for novice player, who doesn't have a decent amount of knowledge about what's going on when you die and etc. He will only whine all around the forums and game.
In nutshell: increase death timer up to at least 3 minutes in safe zones. Even if it stays the way it is now, I'm cool. Not sure about PVP though if it works the same. Haven't tested that yet :kappa:
2)Item Prices:
While it doesn't concern me, you're right, Charr, it's because of satisfying player in PvM. I'm an Ironman and don't buy/sell items, but, for example, players(excluding myself, because I always find the way to satisfy with what I can do ing) who will try to kill around 100 - 200 Mithril Dragons for that Zamorakian Spear in Ironman mode, it becomes beneficial, while on normal-based account if you were to kill that much: "Hey nice man you have got now 4M drop and tons of smithing experience to work with, congratulations and enjoy." Not much of a milestone anymore. Clues tho make up for it but still... Supplies required to get exact drop nowadays aren't worth it. Like the one I mentioned Zamorakian Spear. It costs 4 - 5M now, and supplies would consume around up to 6M, assuming you got only crossbow and you also use Emerald (e) bolts as enchantment to faster your kills with that poison. Even with alchs you get on it, it becomes worthless monster to be killed by normal-basis player.
3)NEW:Item lending:
I see in Clan chats trending with the Elite clues of "lend me" system. Not everybody has a money to afford AGS, so they lend each other and there were some scams. Maybe, lending for some time requires exact amount of coins for each item(excluding skillcapes and skill hoods), for e.g. Ags for 5 min. lend - 5% of it's average price, so let's say 20M - average price, 5% would be 1M. I'm sure for a clue step you CAN make 1M. Although, this partly is suggestion, I add it up to your topic.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 06:20:09 pm »
Going to explain more on the 'item sink' double XP weekend idea and open it up a bit.

Basically we will be getting some kind of meter or indicator that goes from 0% to 100% for example.
Items would have a different % value. For an example lets say bandos chestplate and tassets both have a value of 5%. Depositing one of each item into the well would fill up the gauge by 10%.

We would have to work as a community to get that full 100% for that sweet double xp. It does not have a time limit as Charr stated on his starting post so it doesn't matter does it take a week or half a year to get it filled up.
Once it's filled up we could enable DXP for a whole weekend or 72 hours and disable the well as soon as it hits 100% and then re-enable it once DXP weekend or whatever is announced/enabled.

I really like the concept of this idea and we've been discussing about it a bit.

It does not benefit only the PvM community but also skiller community should be happy. Prices of skilling supplies would go up because the demand for them would probably rise and people want to prepare for double xp weekends.
So naturally as the demand goes up along with the prices people who do not want to participate on them can gather resources through skilling and make money that way.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »
3)NEW:Item lending:
I see in Clan chats trending with the Elite clues of "lend me" system. Not everybody has a money to afford AGS, so they lend each other and there were some scams. Maybe, lending for some time requires exact amount of coins for each item(excluding skillcapes and skill hoods), for e.g. Ags for 5 min. lend - 5% of it's average price, so let's say 20M - average price, 5% would be 1M. I'm sure for a clue step you CAN make 1M. Although, this partly is suggestion, I add it up to your topic.
While I get that there's a demand for these things due to sheer convenience, I wouldn't really want lending to be a feature.

Clue scrolls give you more of a reason to keep certain things in your possession, lending would go against that. It would do that for non-clue scroll items as well. It would also be very hard implement without bugs, the development time isn't really worth it.

;

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 06:49:45 pm »
Going to explain more on the 'item sink' double XP weekend idea and open it up a bit.

Basically we will be getting some kind of meter or indicator that goes from 0% to 100% for example.
Items would have a different % value. For an example lets say bandos chestplate and tassets both have a value of 5%. Depositing one of each item into the well would fill up the gauge by 10%.

We would have to work as a community to get that full 100% for that sweet double xp. It does not have a time limit as Charr stated on his starting post so it doesn't matter does it take a week or half a year to get it filled up.
Once it's filled up we could enable DXP for a whole weekend or 72 hours and disable the well as soon as it hits 100% and then re-enable it once DXP weekend or whatever is announced/enabled.

I really like the concept of this idea and we've been discussing about it a bit.

It does not benefit only the PvM community but also skiller community should be happy. Prices of skilling supplies would go up because the demand for them would probably rise and people want to prepare for double xp weekends.
So naturally as the demand goes up along with the prices people who do not want to participate on them can gather resources through skilling and make money that way.

Only problem: What the hell is a skiller going to contribute to make double xp happen? Some worthless potions or some manta rays? I'm worried that the only people that will be able to actually contribute to this will be the extremely rich people, and they don't give 2 shits about double xp weekend, they just need 99 combat stats and a dds

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Hi Im Ethan, Ameer, Wg Iron

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 07:43:05 pm »
Only problem: What the hell is a skiller going to contribute to make double xp happen? Some worthless potions or some manta rays? I'm worried that the only people that will be able to actually contribute to this will be the extremely rich people, and they don't give 2 shits about double xp weekend, they just need 99 combat stats and a dds
Skiller sells potions or manta rays -> skiller buys items that have multiplier -> skiller contributes.
;

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 08:17:22 pm »
Potions don't sell these days, same with mantas, they take forever to sell

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 08:24:20 pm »
Eventho your idea about ' Items sinking ' looks good, however I have to agree with Aaron
The only people who are ready to get rid of their bandos items are actually rich players and they don't give a shit about double xp ( they might actually do it once or even few times because they want their names on the list, however the second they lose everything they will regret it and will never do it again after the rebuild again )

this suggestion is more like focusing on how hard can skillers work together for double xp again

Just add a ' Super dds ' that can do 99 dmg for 2b and follow stakers until they buy it , a good way to sink some cash :kappa:

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 08:26:13 pm »
Potions don't sell these days, same with mantas, they take forever to sell
So let's sink those too then?
;

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 10:44:44 pm »
Wtf. Game is almoust dead. I think. Say no? I say yes. Wtf  rares dont have rares anymore. They are 3m ea. We shud better say thommy more sugestions . For economic. Economic. Suc.! Thats is reason why alll quit!!
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Drugs, Bubblebeam2, Fund Kakare, Papa Troq, Kaarel 123, Charr

Offline Lv Persavoz

• Liked: 40 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 10:50:45 pm »
The game can be saved ans we can get  alout peoples and old players back. If we make goood economy. Its one update. Or one my idea. But its hard  becouse i cant say it thomy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5