The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the economy (again)
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2016, 10:45:19 am »
I can already confirm at this point, that a full reset won't happen. That is not a solution.

The current situation of the economy is imho pretty good. I will give a full statement on it in some future patch notes. It is very important that prices are always compared in relation to other items.
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2016, 12:14:05 pm »
Since Avenus was no longer staking and he was never that active via other ways (to my knowledge atleast), he just got bored.

You're right, i have probably not been skilling legit since the first months world came back up again in 2x14.
Staking is what kept me logging in from time to time, now interracting with older friends is.

However, a full reset would make it all competetive again. Everyone would have to start from scratch
xp and item wise. You can all say its boring and shit, but i have had this account for 8 years now and i honestly think it would have been good for the server. But then again, there is people who have billions of xp more than me so i kinda understand that they would kill themselves if so.

Someone mentioned what about the donators? I have donated more than 400 usd to this server, i wouldnt even mind at all. But then again, thats just me.

Thomy just said that there will be no full reset, its all up to him.

But as Cj said, we should really implement an oldschool shop again. That will sort of help on the economy.

Item prices are on a all-time low. Like who the fuck remember when the AGS used to cost 20m?

You can also degrade the money value by x10 like you did 6 years ago.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2016, 12:17:17 pm »
It is very important that prices are always compared in relation to other items.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2017, 02:58:26 am »
I support everything charr has stated. Enough said.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »
What about 2 worlds for our rather small player base. Maybe it's time to shut down our 2nd world for now?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2017, 04:28:35 pm »
What about 2 worlds for our rather small player base. Maybe it's time to shut down our 2nd world for now?
I don't think it's necessary. I think it's great that we have a second world, it prevents a lot of frustration.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2017, 04:39:29 pm »
I don't think it's necessary. I think it's great that we have a second world, it prevents a lot of frustration.
from purely skilling perspective i think it would be better for the community to have less trees/ores. => less supplies get into the game which eventually leads to a bigger demand for those items.

In scape thomy also shut one of the worlds until our player base got bigger again and i found that to be a rather good idea back then.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:46:09 pm by Il Skill L »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2017, 04:50:55 pm »
from purely skilling perspective i think it would be better for the community to have less trees/ores. => less supplies get into the game which eventually leads to a bigger demand for those items.
You're not wrong, however you should consider the fact that that applies to two of the least popular skills for making money. Mining/woodcutting locations are never really packed, or used at all. It wouldn't have much of an impact. It wouldn't affect fishing and farming at all.

It's not a trade-off that has many benefits.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2017, 06:47:18 pm »
You're not wrong, however you should consider the fact that that applies to two of the least popular skills for making money. Mining/woodcutting locations are never really packed, or used at all. It wouldn't have much of an impact. It wouldn't affect fishing and farming at all.

It's not a trade-off that has many benefits.
Not sure if this is different now or not. But reducing the ores from 2 to 1 and just making cutting logs take longer would be an easy fix. Could also be applied to fishing etc... no matter what charr is right. Something needs to be done asap. I was online for a decent amount of time yesterday for the first time in around a year and there were 10 players online... that is seriously a joke. Not to mention all the people just ge standing begging for stuff.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:50:20 pm by Callmedragon »

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »
2 worlds also means there are twice the amount of pvm locations and so on. With 2 worlds more stuff get into the game than you could ever sink. Closing 1 world would be an easy step towards finding the right solution.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2017, 07:21:12 pm »
Not sure if this is different now or not. But reducing the ores from 2 to 1 and just making cutting logs take longer would be an easy fix. Could also be applied to fishing etc...
Almost nobody mines/woodcuts for money, it's really not a problem at all. If we want fishing to be better, we just need people to eat more food, which could easily be done by getting more people to pk and making bosses more appealing. (topic regarding bossing here). It's not skilling supplies that are a problem; it's things like gear.

Though this isn't as severe of a problem as it's claimed to be; a better solution to cut the amount of supplies that come into the game through gathering is to provide alternate training methods. For both mining and woodcutting the best high level training methods put supplies into the game, if we were to introduce choking ivy and something similar for mining that would just provide good exp people looking to just gain exp wouldn't have to bring items into the game. Having the choice between gaining better exp or gaining money isn't a bad thing.

Making skilling slower/less rewarding is only gonna frustrate those that do it, and most likely prevent more people from getting into it. It's also a nice slap in the face towards ironmen.

I was online for a decent amount of time yesterday for the first time in around a year and there were 10 players online... that is seriously a joke.
It was new years eve yesterday, of course not a lot of people are going to be online. A low amount of players also isn't too weird for your timezone, considering where the majority of our playerbase is from. That amount of players was kind of normal for your timezone even when we peaked 200.

Not to mention all the people just ge standing begging for stuff.
These people aren't as bad as they seem, while some of them are beyond help, a lot of them just don't know what to do. A lot of them will listen to advice about making money, they just need to be talked to instead of ignored. Which may be difficult considering that most of them can't communicate properly.

2 worlds also means there are twice the amount of pvm locations and so on. With 2 worlds more stuff get into the game than you could ever sink. Closing 1 world would be an easy step towards finding the right solution.
Again I'd like to point out that this wouldn't have very much of an effect. It's very rare for both worlds to be full. It will just add frustration, and it's not worth the trade off.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 01:38:40 am by Charr »
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2017, 07:50:49 pm »
IMO there's no need to reduce the number of supplies entering the game, herblore, smithing and crafting would become even more less appealing to train because of higher resource costs. Getting new players to join Emps is the best sink for resources since they still need to train those skills. When Emps-World launched half of the currently active players were already maxed or nearly maxed.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2017, 07:51:29 pm »

Gotta agree with this, Again!
Removing world 2 for temporary has been suggested few times already,

The main reason why we had world 2 in the first place was the lack of places for players to pvm / skill, however this only applies to when we had around 600 online players at the same time,
I don't see a reason why world 2 should stay open, especially that we are asking for items sink ( corp is a good example where people went to w2 because w1 was full )
Kolodion so people would kill 2 / 30 mins instead of 1

If you want I can list all the things that people ' Cheat ' / do in both worlds instead of 1

with 100 online players -MAX- a day, 1 world is more than enough.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:57:31 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5