The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the economy (again)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »
Why not create something new, "The well of Goodwill". Some of you guys have maybe heard of it.

I'll suggest creating it with a little twist.

Every 25m (amount can be discussed) donated to the well makes so everyone grants 1h (time can be discussed as well) hour of double xp. By this way the money ingame will decrease and maybe help the economy in some way.

Really wonder where you got that idea..  ::)

Got it from another RsPs :) But it's a good idea overall though.

And they got it straight from RS

does it matter?

RS uses it for annual charity events. RSPS's ripping that off is total pissing on the whole ''Goodwill''

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 03:30:04 pm »
The sink idea seems too artificial. Items should naturally get in and out of the game as people play it, the economy shouldn't require people to throw items down a well because the staff team asks for it.
The idea has nothing to do with staff, it would be a feature. It's about as artificial as elemental whips being a whip sink.
Putting the whole suggestion in the simplest terms to make sure that I understand it correctly(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong at any step):

A wild well appears.
Well: "Giveth me stuffeth, I shall giveth thee doubleth exp'rience."
Tulrak: "ok"
Tulrak gets some items.
Tulrak tries to throw items into the well.
Well: "Wellmast'r Thom'r alloweth not this, for Charr hath said nay junk"
Tulrak is confused.
Tulrak: "Which items can I dump into you then?"
Well: "I accepteth stout armeth'r yond has't a huge supplyeth"
Tulrak throws good items into the well.
Tulrak: "Where's my double experience?"
Well: "I giveth doubleth exp'rience at which hour oth'r people has't giveth me stuffeth as well"
Tulrak: "But what if I'm not online at that time?"
Well: "Thou receiveth a valorous w'rd on a listeth of contribut'rs"
Tulrak: "well, Well, can I get my stuff back?"
Well: "Thanketh thee, cometh again"

If that is the plan then the problem is that the well doesn't have any way of getting information about which items need to be sinked from the game itself, so Wellmaster Thomy will have to manually adjust which items are accepted by the well. Which will mean that the Wellmaster will have to get the well to ask players to throw certain items into it, resulting in the well being run by the staff and I would not want an economy where the staff needs to pressure players to give up their items.
Not to mention that Tulrak wouldn't throw his items into the well the second time.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:28:13 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2, Charr

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 03:57:37 pm »
Putting the whole suggestion in the simplest terms to make sure that I understand it correctly(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong at any step):

A wild well appears.
Tulrak gets some items.
Well: "Wellmast'r Thom'r doesn't alloweth this stuffeth because Charr hath said nay junk"
Tulrak is confused.
Well: "I giveth doubleth exp'rience at which hour oth'r people has't giveth me stuffeth as well"
Well: "Thee receiveth a valorous w'rd on a listeth of contribut'rs"

If that is the plan then the problem is that the well doesn't have any way of getting information about which items need to be sinked from the game itself, so Wellmaster Thomy will have to manually adjust which items are accepted by the well. Which will mean that the Wellmaster will have to get the well to ask players to throw certain items into it, resulting in the well being run by the staff and I would not want an economy where the staff needs to pressure players to give up their items.
Not to mention that Tulrak wouldn't throw his items into the well the second time.
That's a damn great post mate.
  • To clarify what I see as junk: Anything that has no actual value. Anything that is better sold to the general store and such. Considering some resources also need some sinking (dear god mantas aren't even high in demand anymore) Tulraketh could giveth the well his fresh skilling produce if he wished for it.
  • I would genuinely prefer having weekends myself, when it's a set timeframe people always try to get the most out of it. It could remove the collective goal, which is a part of this that I'd really like seeing. An alternative is to hand out scrolls, but you wouldn't be able to hand these out to everyone. And it wouldn't be fair to hand equal amounts to everyone, and if it's related to the amount sinked it's just gonna be pay items 4 scrolls.
  • ^Could also just have a weekend and hand a scroll or two to everyone that throws stuff into the well, that wouldn't be too much harm.
  • I don't understand what you're on about this being forced. For one, the items that we want sinked with my idea would recieve a multiplier, you would be encouraged to donate them since they give more progress, but you can still donate other things.
  • We could have some kind of poll or whatever to determine what we want sinked after every dxp weekend, that'd be a way to let players decide.
  • Again, to clarify, there's no pressure or force. It would be entirely up to you if you wanna dunk an ags down the well or not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:04:53 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2016, 04:27:30 pm »

A wild well appears.
Tulrak gets some items.
Well: "Wellmast'r Thom'r doesn't alloweth this stuffeth because Charr hath said nay junk"
Tulrak is confused.
Well: "Thee receiveth a valorous w'rd on a listeth of contribut'rs"

That's a damn great post mate.
  • To clarify what I see as junk: Anything that has no actual value. Anything that is better sold to the general store and such. Considering some resources also need some sinking (dear god mantas aren't even high in demand anymore) Tulraketh could giveth the well his fresh skilling produce if he wished for it.
  • I would genuinely prefer having weekends myself, when it's a set timeframe people always try to get the most out of it. It could remove the collective goal, which is a part of this that I'd really like seeing. An alternative is to hand out scrolls, but you wouldn't be able to hand these out to everyone. And it wouldn't be fair to hand equal amounts to everyone, and if it's related to the amount sinked it's just gonna be pay items 4 scrolls.
  • ^Could also just have a weekend and hand a scroll or two to everyone that throws stuff into the well, that wouldn't be too much harm.
  • I don't understand what you're on about this being forced. For one, the items that we want sinked with my idea would recieve a multiplier, you would be encouraged to donate them since they give more progress, but you can still donate other things.
  • We could have some kind of poll or whatever to determine what we want sinked after every dxp weekend, that'd be a way to let players decide.
  • Again, to clarify, there's no pressure or force. It would be entirely up to you if you wanna dunk an ags down the well or not.

What I mean by players being pressured is that they wouldn't get double xp otherwise, I understand that people will still decide to not do it, which is likely going to make this ineffective. That's not really my problem with it, that's just why I think that it wouldn't work and people who do donate but aren't there for double xp would still be whining about it just as much as they are about losing items when they die.
The poll wouldn't work either because people would vote to sink items that are easiest to acquire, so that they can make money easily, while the drops from more difficult bosses would still need to be sinked and any ideas to stop people from doing that would be more complex but hardly any more effective than just letting people dump everything into the well. It would sink items but not items that actually have a use and need to be sinked, because they aren't lost when they are used.
Like I said before, I'd prefer it if people lost their items while they are using them, it would make for a more effective system that doesn't need anyone to adjust how much items contribute to sinking goals.
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Apoc

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2016, 05:53:36 am »
2% stake fee seems fair.
Restructure high alch values.

Long live Emps.
Started playing 2009

Offline Str8att7

• Liked: 288 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2016, 11:15:49 am »
Ah, the well beloved Emps-World economy.

Honestly, the current economy is a sinking ship. Of course you can patch up some holes to prevent it from sinking completely, however it is not going matter in the long run. I appreciate the effort that has gone into coming up with these solutions, but is it really going to help?

The only way to fix this economy is to have a strong foundation which is embedded into rock instead of fixing a foundation which is embedded in sand (current condition).
This includes for example:
Total economy reset
Creating healthy item sinks
Adjusting drop rates

Of course there is going to be resistance, however I believe it is the only way to really fix the issue. Start by the roots. Not by the trunk.

Emps-World Moderator Since May 12th, 2015
Emps-World Admin Since August 24th, 2015
Resigned Since October 29th
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2016, 11:30:59 am »

Honestly, the current economy is a sinking ship. Of course you can patch up some holes to prevent it from sinking completely, however it is not going matter in the long run. I appreciate the effort that has gone into coming up with these solutions, but is it really going to help?

The only way to fix this economy is to have a strong foundation which is embedded into rock instead of fixing a foundation which is embedded in sand (current condition).
Total economy reset
Adjusting drop rates

Of course there is going to be resistance, however I believe it is the only way to really fix the issue. Start by the roots. Not by the trunk.
Hi Lisa

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Ralphe10

• Liked: 388 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2016, 12:43:52 pm »

Total economy reset
Adjusting drop rates

A reset  of economy will kill the game, cuz everyone would quit.

a broken clock still tells you the right time twice a day
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2016, 01:16:36 pm »

Total economy reset
Adjusting drop rates

Because it's totally physically impossible to get most of the water out of the ship. A total economy reset would not only rid us of most of our playerbase, but also be completely unnecessary.

Yes, it would make it easier to clean up the economy. However the amount of players we're gonna lose from it is not worth it.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2016, 01:28:26 pm »

Total economy reset
Adjusting drop rates

Total economy resets won't work without totally resetting every account as well. High level supplies would be available since day one and therefore the economy wouldn't start building up how it should, from the bottom.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »
The well idea thingy is a pretty good idea if it gets changed into something that favours the game the most, not sure why literally every attempt of an idea gets bashed on this forum

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:21 am »
all we need is some idiotic government  who doesnt know how to manage with cash money and OUH BOY WE HAVE A ECONOMIC RECESSiON in no time  :kappa:
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2016, 09:14:34 pm »
Make a full server reset

Would be fun to start all over again from scratch with everyone else.
Thats what made me competetive when i first started this game with older players and friends.
Competing for high levels and obtaining items trough hard work.

You saw how it worked with the ironmans when it was released, people started competing.
Whipe the database again Thomy, you have done it before. I believe you can do it again  ;D

I would for sure play if we had a fully whipe were everyone started from scratch, but thats just my 2cents.
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Tomtim1

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2016, 10:01:19 pm »
Make a full server reset

Would be fun to start all over again from scratch with everyone else.
Thats what made me competetive when i first started this game with older players and friends.
Competing for high levels and obtaining items trough hard work.

You saw how it worked with the ironmans when it was released, people started competing.
Whipe the database again Thomy, you have done it before. I believe you can do it again  ;D

I would for sure play if we had a fully whipe were everyone started from scratch, but thats just my 2cents.
You would, a lot of people wouldn't. That trade off is not worth it, since the vast majority of players would get very pissed off at losing all their progress. We would just end up in the same situation again in a few months, it solves absolutely nothing and it would make a lot of players quit.

I think anyone can compete in emps, I made my account in 2015 and am way past most of the people that played in scape in terms of exp. In terms of earning items through hard work, it's really just a matter of not being stupid and continually staking everything. Once you've recieved billions in a matter of minutes your general idea of hard work tends to fade. It's really just a matter of having the right attitude.

Would you mind linking me the complaints about ironmen? I haven't seen those, I've mostly seen positive responces after release.
Misread it.

It's what ironman mode is all about though, a lot of players aren't into that kind of thing. Giving players a choice like that is a great solution for those that think the non-ironman highscores are too far out of reach, and I think that's plenty.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:14:39 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2016, 10:06:54 pm »
Would you mind linking me the complaints about ironmen? I haven't seen those, I've mostly seen positive responces after release.
Competing not complaining.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5