The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the economy (again)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 11:16:23 pm »
Wtf. Game is almoust dead. I think. Say no? I say yes. Wtf  rares dont have rares anymore. They are 3m ea. We shud better say thommy more sugestions . For economic. Economic. Suc.! Thats is reason why alll quit!!
The game can be saved ans we can get  alout peoples and old players back. If we make goood economy. Its one update. Or one my idea. But its hard  becouse i cant say it thomy.
I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
;
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Nocturnal, Themarfish

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 03:52:17 am »
I do agree with mostly all of the things your pointing at. The only thing i disagree is the death timer you are talking about. Right now it's worth buying a GA, which is completely useless if you can run back to your gear almost everytime. PvM is also a risk, even for high-levels.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 05:14:37 am »
Yes, for everything you've said.
Although I would go a bit further with the sink idea. Depositing something in the well could get you some boosts or a very rare chance to get some sort of a rare. This way more people would contribute to it.
I do agree with mostly all of the things your pointing at. The only thing i disagree is the death timer you are talking about. Right now it's worth buying a GA, which is completely useless if you can run back to your gear almost everytime. PvM is also a risk, even for high-levels.
Atm it's only targeting the beginners who train by PvM and don't know the dangers of it. Buying a guardians angel here however would be quite useless for them as it costs way more than what they would save. Imo increase the timer to 3 minutes.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 11:20:57 am »
The only thing i disagree is the death timer you are talking about. Right now it's worth buying a GA, which is completely useless if you can run back to your gear almost everytime. PvM is also a risk, even for high-levels.
A mechanic like dying should not be balanced around GA. GA's general intent was for people that suffer from disconnects to have a way to prevent losing their items due to them.

I disagree with your statement that PvM is a risk, there are very few situations you could actually die in if you aren't going afk for too long, like I mostly tend to do when I die.
Yes, for everything you've said.
Although I would go a bit further with the sink idea. Depositing something in the well could get you some boosts or a very rare chance to get some sort of a rare. This way more people would contribute to it.
I wouldn't mind some extra boosts, but definitely don't want rare items from it. The price of those items is gonna rely heavily on what's sinked and that'll be wonky as hell. Might work if untradable, but that discourages continued contribution.

Atm it's only targeting the beginners who train by PvM and don't know the dangers of it. Buying a guardians angel here however would be quite useless for them as it costs way more than what they would save. Imo increase the timer to 3 minutes.
Death should not be balanced around GA.

About GA's general value; Otto put it into words pretty well.
Cuz risking gear worth upto 100m is totally smart. There is absolutely no reason not to use GA when risking over 10m worth of gear.
;

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 11:33:55 am »
I have a small idea that just crossed my mind while reading the last reply

What about doing something similar to ' Wall of fame ' the event that was hosted around a year ago or something by martin, giving the most helpful staff member a 1 ing item for a whole month

this actually can work here as well, since you suggested a list that has the names of people who donated / sinked some items then why not make it more like a competition between them ? that 1 ing is something only the first dude in the last can get however everyone else can still get double xp

Double xp can be something every player can get or only the people who actually did put something in will receive

If something like this gets added ( the part of my idea ) then I believe it should become more like a monthly thing where you get maybe 4 tickets, each one is 24 hours of double xp ( same as enabling it the whole day however in this case people who has school / job on sunday can use it on friday )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Fry Chickens

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • KFC Manager.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 11:40:43 am »
Why not create something new, "The well of Goodwill". Some of you guys have maybe heard of it.

I'll suggest creating it with a little twist.

Every 25m (amount can be discussed) donated to the well makes so everyone grants 1h (time can be discussed as well) hour of double xp. By this way the money ingame will decrease and maybe help the economy in some way.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 11:41:00 am »
One reason why items have shit for demand is that maxed gear is pretty much required to kill any bosses efficiently, and in GWD especially blood barrage is a must to at least somewhat efficient. What's the point of even PvMing when you already have everything you could ever need?

Back in scape you were able to start PvMing in completely shit gear, black d hides and such. That also applies in OSRS and RS3, you don't need much to start PvMing there.

How about instead of thinking about stupid item sinks we should think about making the content feel more rewarding.
The following users liked this post: Wg Iron

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 12:01:26 pm »
Why not create something new, "The well of Goodwill". Some of you guys have maybe heard of it.

Every 25m (amount can be discussed) donated to the well makes so everyone grants 1h (time can be discussed as well) hour of double xp. By this way the money ingame will decrease and maybe help the economy in some way.
What I thought of was sinking items for a double exp weekend. There would be an object or npc we could donate items and maybe cash to.
Really wonder where you got that idea..  ::)

One reason why items have shit for demand is that maxed gear is pretty much required to kill any bosses efficiently, and in GWD especially blood barrage is a must to at least somewhat efficient. What's the point of even PvMing when you already have everything you could ever need?

Back in scape you were able to start PvMing in completely shit gear, black d hides and such. That also applies in OSRS and RS3, you don't need much to start PvMing there.
I can't disagree with this.

How about instead of thinking about stupid item sinks we should think about making the content feel more rewarding.
Regardless of what you're gonna do to content, without sinks the loot will always decrease in price. My priority would be fixing the foundation upon which the house is built before fixing the house itself. I do think that there are things that need fixing within PvM itself, I can definitely write a topic about it. I wanted to do this first.

How about we stop talking about which problem is biggest and acknowledge/disscuss (each in their own topic though)/provide potential solutions to all of them?
;

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »
Make all items degradable, problem solved.

The sink idea seems too artificial. Items should naturally get in and out of the game as people play it, the economy shouldn't require people to throw items down a well because the staff team asks for it.

Posted an idea in staff chat about death timer, may as well copy it here to see what people think of it:
Quote from: Tulrak
How about a new system where items disappear one at a time in 5 minutes? The sooner the player gets back the more items they can get back.
I thought of something as simple as that every 300/x seconds an item is randomly selected and disappears. Where x is the number of items the player lost. Items will still become visible for others after 1 or 2 minutes. If the player loses 3 items then the first item disappears after 100 seconds, the 2nd after 200 seconds and last after 300 seconds. With 10 items lost the first item disappears after 30 seconds, so 2 items would disappear before others even see them (for guaranteed sink), while still allowing anyone to pick up 8 of the items if they get there after 1 minute.
items aren't prioritized in any way, so the more items the player has the higher the risk of losing expensive items quickly
the problem I have is that the current system is either 100% safe or 100% items lost, which is difficult to balance.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 12:12:13 pm »
Make all items degradable, problem solved.
The frustration this would cause.

The sink idea seems too artificial. Items should naturally get in and out of the game as people play it, the economy shouldn't require people to throw items down a well because the staff team asks for it.
The idea has nothing to do with staff, it would be a feature. It's about as artificial as elemental whips being a whip sink.

Posted an idea in staff chat about death timer, may as well copy it here to see what people think of it:
How about a new system where items disappear one at a time in 5 minutes? The sooner the player gets back the more items they can get back.

I thought of something as simple as that every 300/x seconds an item is randomly selected and disappears. Where x is the number of items the player lost. Items will still become visible for others after 1 or 2 minutes. If the player loses 3 items then the first item disappears after 100 seconds, the 2nd after 200 seconds and last after 300 seconds. With 10 items lost the first item disappears after 30 seconds, so 2 items would disappear before others even see them (for guaranteed sink), while still allowing anyone to pick up 8 of the items if they get there after 1 minute.

items aren't prioritized in any way, so the more items the player has the higher the risk of losing expensive items quickly

the problem I have is that the current system is either 100% safe or 100% items lost, which is difficult to balance.
RNG generally translates into frustration, while I don't disagree that the current system is difficult to balance, this isn't the way I'd like it to be.

Maybe we could, instead of the items dropping on the ground instantly, add death's room (just like in rs3 ;D), and they'd be dropped on the floor once you leave the room. This idea has a fair amount of drawbacks though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:37:15 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 12:14:30 pm »
Regardless of what you're gonna do to content, without sinks the loot will always decrease in price. My priority would be fixing the foundation upon which the house is built before fixing the house itself. I do think that there are things that need fixing within PvM itself, I can definitely write a topic about it. I wanted to do this first.

How about we stop talking about which problem is biggest and acknowledge/disscuss (each in their own topic though)/provide potential solutions to all of them?

Imagine your a peasant with <100M bank. What would make you want to throw a BCP or ~1/5th of your bank down a well?

Offline Fry Chickens

• +0/-0
  • KFC Manager.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 12:18:43 pm »

Got it from another RsPs :) But it's a good idea overall though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:21:22 pm by Fry Chickens »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 12:36:20 pm »
Imagine your a peasant with <100M bank. What would make you want to throw a BCP or ~1/5th of your bank down a well?
You wouldn't.

To translate your point; The sink doesn't appeal to everyone.

I get that. It's why there's no time limit to it, and that's why it's not completely limited to items with a multiplier. Poor people could also work together contribute in a clan, though this is mostly wishful thinking on my part. It's mostly gonna be rich players looking to brag.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 12:42:17 pm »

And they got it straight from RS

Offline Fry Chickens

• +0/-0
  • KFC Manager.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »

And they got it straight from RS

does it matter?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5