The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Let's discuss about new players coming to this server.
« on: February 07, 2017, 02:12:31 pm »
As the title suggests, let's discuss about new players. I was scrolling through the forums, and  I've noticed that people complain about new players not coming here and older players quitting, effectively dropping our player count. But the question is: Why are people not coming here? In my opinion, it's because others don't know about this server (poor advertisement). I myself 6 years ago (with my old account) found this server only when I misheard a random conversation. What are your throughts?

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss about new players coming to this server.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:22:34 pm »
I'm sure newer players do check out the forums but never bother to log in and say something. There are lots of lower players running around the game all the time.
We've been steadily and slowly gaining new players over the course of few months and are doing great compared to other server; nothing to worry about there.

What i've also noticed whenever someone new posts something 'stupid' on shoutbox or suggestions board (i.e pls bring old emps back) they get roasted out
of forums by couple users. Not mentioning any names but YOU can leave that post alone and just ignore the person instead of roasting. This has happened a couple times from what I've noticed
and it's just not fun to see happening.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:41:51 pm »
There are plenty of new players, this has always been the case.

One thing I find a problem is that they're dropped into 'emps world' cc. This is usually a fustercluck of flaming, people trying to sell shit and people giving misinformation. It can give them quite the misrepresentation of the community. We used to have 'assistance' cc for newer players, but it seems to have disappeared after I left the staff team. Given that I was the only one really active in it that was a logical move, albeit not a good one imo.

It's more about people not staying, regardless if they're new or not.

What i've also noticed whenever someone new posts something 'stupid' on shoutbox or suggestions board (i.e pls bring old emps back) they get roasted out
of forums by couple users. Not mentioning any names but YOU can leave that post alone and just ignore the person instead of roasting. This has happened a couple times from what I've noticed
I know what you're getting at, but I do think stupidity is to be made fun of. I suppose there aren't FAQ's and whatnot on the things 'stupid' people ask for on a consistent basis, but these could be written if deemed necessary. The forums should by no means be a 'safe space' when it comes to opinions. Let people learn.
;

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:46:25 pm »
I'm sure newer players do check out the forums but never bother to log in and say something. There are lots of lower players running around the game all the time.
We've been steadily and slowly gaining new players over the course of few months and are doing great compared to other server; nothing to worry about there.

and it's just not fun to see happening.

I have been playing on my new pure, and I can only say that the new players leave very quickly. And those "new players" are mostly experienced players with new accounts that hop back to their mains, because of their knowledge about this server like the teleports, training spots, moneymaking, etc. But I still agree that the playerbase has been growing since 2015, but those players are probably old ones that heard about this server coming back just recently. I just would like to see some sort of advertising about this server, or it'll eventually die out.

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:56:28 pm »
It's more about people not staying, regardless if they're new or not.

I know that people will leave someday for irl reasons or just because they got bored or because they're not enjoying the game. I remember when there was vote system added into the game, and I don't know why would you remove it. This server needs to have more players joining the game than quitting.

There are plenty of new players, this has always been the case.

I think that most of those 'new players' are actually old players returning to this game after they heard that it's back online. If you'd take a look at the introductions section, you'd see a lot of posts about introducing themselves. Now look at the OP's. Almost all of them are offline. So, I think that you should change the word plenty to few, but I might be wrong.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 03:18:44 pm »
I remember when there was vote system added into the game, and I don't know why would you remove it. This server needs to have more players joining the game than quitting.
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Voting
How many times have I posted this link?
;
The following users liked this post: Brony Fggt

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 03:26:04 pm »
I do agree with you that when it comes to advertising, we are not doing a great job however its still decent.

I am not with nor against adding voting system back, since something is always better than nothing, if you try there is a small chance that maybe 1 or 2 players a week to check the server out from a voting website, if you don't even try then no chance of it happening
however I don't want the old voting system back, I don't mind adding a TAG or w.e its called next to the players ing name, that ofc can be disabled from the settings if you don't really like it or even a cape to show your loyalty to the server.
maybe adding a monthly reward for the most players that has voted,

IF NOT

then I believe some events should be done by the staff team to encourage people to make videos, post about emps somewhere , pics, I don't really know but rewards can be monthly ( you can keep the item you win for a whole month then another player win another items and so on )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 03:33:27 pm »
I remember when there was vote system added into the game, and I don't know why would you remove it. This server needs to have more players joining the game than quitting.
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Voting
How many times have I posted this link?

My apologies, I haven't been on the forums for too long. I've read it, and if it's too expensive, why can't you just leave the server on the list there, which is free? To get the votes, there could be a link for those who care about the server's future and are willing to spend their time voting for nothing in return. That would give this server at least a few new loyal players that this server could use. But that's just my suggestion.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:04 pm »
From what I remember we were on Runelocus first but none voted. People only vote if the voting rewards are ridiculously overpowered. We had none and
overpowered voting rewards would just probably end up ruining the eco in the long run.

When that didn't work we had automatic voting system which voted for you when you logged in. We ended up getting banned from Runelocus because we skyrocketed to top 5 or so lol.
Atleast I remember that being the case^
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:53 pm »
I do agree with you that when it comes to advertising, we are not doing a great job however its still decent.

I am not with nor against adding voting system back, since something is always better than nothing, if you try there is a small chance that maybe 1 or 2 players a week to check the server out from a voting website, if you don't even try then no chance of it happening
however I don't want the old voting system back, I don't mind adding a TAG or w.e its called next to the players ing name, that ofc can be disabled from the settings if you don't really like it or even a cape to show your loyalty to the server.
maybe adding a monthly reward for the most players that has voted,

I agree with this! We should at least put this server on the top list without any fancy banners that would stick out at the top of the page that cost quite a lot.

However:

then I believe some events should be done by the staff team to encourage people to make videos, post about emps somewhere , pics, I don't really know but rewards can be monthly ( you can keep the item you win for a whole month then another player win another items and so on )

The only viable "somewhere" would be on youtube, but I'm sure that nobody would find the videos, since people can look at the toplist and find the server. So those "PKing videos" are only for the community to enjoy, and not to attract other players.

Offline Brony Fggt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 03:42:30 pm »
From what I remember we were on Runelocus first but none voted. People only vote if the voting rewards are ridiculously overpowered. We had none and
overpowered voting rewards would just probably end up ruining the eco in the long run.

When that didn't work we had automatic voting system which voted for you when you logged in. We ended up getting banned from Runelocus because we skyrocketed to top 5 or so lol.

I think that a great reward would be 5 event points for voting. Most of the people do daily tasks just to get them. That's not extremely overpowered, but also aren't extremely upsetting, since you've gained 2 days worth of daily tasks in one click that you can claim everyday. That wouldn't ruin the economy either, since a few more colored items wouldn't change anything, just make non-colored armor or weapons in demand, right?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 03:51:13 pm »
if you try there is a small chance that maybe 1 or 2 players a week to check the server out from a voting website
This is not worth showing the entire playerbase alternatives to the game they're playing every single day for.

I believe some events should be done by the staff team to encourage people to make videos, post about emps somewhere
Stop limiting these things to the staff team, can't players do this just as easily?

rewards can be monthly ( you can keep the item you win for a whole month then another player win another items and so on )
Rewards you can't keep are the worst kind of rewards. Why work for something if you know it's gonna be taken away from you?

To get the votes, there could be a link for those who care about the server's future and are willing to spend their time voting for nothing in return. That would give this server at least a few new loyal players that this server could use. But that's just my suggestion.
Considering there's no reward, we'd probably only get votes from active forum users. With that amount of votes we'd end up very very low on the list. I don't think people that stay loyal to one game start looking for one at the bottom of a list.

You should mention this was during emps-scape. Because we did have voting rewards in world, the vp store became the ep store.

I think that a great reward would be 5 event points for voting. Most of the people do daily tasks just to get them. That's not extremely overpowered, but also aren't extremely upsetting, since you've gained 2 days worth of daily tasks in one click that you can claim everyday. That wouldn't ruin the economy either, since a few more colored items wouldn't change anything, just make non-colored armor or weapons in demand, right?
Ep store used to be the Vp store. Rewards weren't the problem.
;

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 03:53:27 pm »

Imo event points shouldn't be given as a reward for voting, at least not that high amount as it can be abused easily.

We could avoid ruining the ECO just by giving the items for 1 month then take it back, same as the event that used to be hosted by Staff managers to force their team to work for a monthly reward.

Maybe top 5 people could win something ? the items can't be traded, dropped nor staked and gives 0 bonuses so it won't be used for pvming nor pking
maybe a TAG next to their names [Loyal]

Stop limiting these things to the staff team, can't players do this just as easily?

There is a big ass difference between an event hosted by a staff member and an event hosted by a player that almost 0 players will even consider joining to, unless you give them crazy ass rewards.

Rewards you can't keep are the worst kind of rewards. Why work for something if you know it's gonna be taken away from you?
Why are you playing a game that eventually will shut down and the xp you gained will be just gone ? that's the same thing

People will enjoy their items for a whole month,

Staff members activity during the event I mentioned before, is so damn high
activity after the event was shut down cus you ( if not mistaken with other staff member aka kaute )  ruined the fun by winning it 15 times -_-, back to 0.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:00:08 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 04:32:06 pm »
Why are you playing a game that eventually will shut down and the xp you gained will be just gone ? that's the same thing
People will enjoy their items for a whole month,
The game will not get shut down for quite a lot longer than a month. Kind of a stupid comparison imo.

Staff members activity during the event I mentioned before, is so damn high
activity after the event was shut down cus you ( if not mistaken with other staff member aka kaute )  ruined the fun by winning it 15 times(just gonna make this stand out because you tried to hide it) -_-, back to 0.
What event are you speaking of exactly? I can't really make sense of this part.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 04:35:45 pm »

Why play games at all or in fact do anything about your life if you're going to die eventually anyway? Cuz I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy something, don't do it.
The following users liked this post: Icedrags
Pages: 1 2 3