The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss about new players coming to this server.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 04:38:12 pm »
Why are you playing a game that eventually will shut down and the xp you gained will be just gone ? that's the same thing
People will enjoy their items for a whole month,
The game will not get shut down for quite a lot longer than a month. Kind of a stupid comparison imo.

Staff members activity during the event I mentioned before, is so damn high
activity after the event was shut down cus you ( if not mistaken with other staff member aka kaute )  ruined the fun by winning it 15 times(just gonna make this stand out because you tried to hide it) -_-, back to 0.
What event are you speaking of exactly? I can't really make sense of this part.

was the event called '' hall of fame '' ? I don't really remember but close to that.

the game might shut down at any moment while we are replying here by getting another warning from Jagex, Again.

Why play games at all or in fact do anything about your life if you're going to die eventually anyway? Cuz I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy something, don't do it.

That exactly what I meant by giving out that example of the game, a month is more than enough to enjoy something even if it will be taken away from you

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 04:47:05 pm »
Wasn't Hall of Fame a staff member only event where one staff member was picked out for his/her effort put into the game during the past month? How can you even blame anyone for "winning it 15 times."

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 04:53:57 pm »
was the event called '' hall of fame '' ? I don't really remember but close to that.
I find your theory on how I won it 15 times quite amusing, given that my total amount of months in the staff team only adds up to about 13.

Here's a list:
  • Hall of fame was officially held a total of four times.
  • Str8att7 won the first, C4 nerd won the second, Str8att7 won the third, I won the last.
  • Hall of fame turns staff activity into a competition, which it frankly shouldn't be. It's a mandatory thing.
  • Ultimately it only guarrantees the activity of one person, the winner. The people that don't end up winning end up pissed off because they wasted their effort. This was the case for me twice because I was really close both the second and third month.
  • Given that it would frustrate more people than it made happy, Martin deemed it unnecessary. I agree to this fully, let it be known as the one time we actually agreed on something.
  • Hall of fame has absolutely nothing to do with this topic at all, why are you bringing it up?
;

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 04:55:08 pm »
Wasn't Hall of Fame a staff member only event where one staff member was picked out for his/her effort put into the game during the past month? How can you even blame anyone for "winning it 15 times."

That was more like sarcasm, didn't blame him for winning it, he / Kaute I don't remember who won it the most did actually brilliant job during the event  lol

or you can call it an example where staff members worked hard just to win that event eventho the reward was only an item for a whole month
again all of that was just a reply to
Rewards you can't keep are the worst kind of rewards. Why work for something if you know it's gonna be taken away from you?

Hall of fame has absolutely nothing to do with this topic at all, why are you bringing it up?

I suggested an event similar to hall of fame, where the top voter can win an item for a month
then you came up with ' Who would work for something if you know it's gonna be taken away from you '
so I brought it up again to show an example where people actually cared about an item they had for a month and worked so hard for it.

the number I mentioned was again just to show that people work hard for temporary items, you can easily replace it with ' X ' if you gonna take numbers into account .
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:59:47 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Special K0

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 10:45:39 pm »
Emps-World basically lacks a person who'd take care of the community. There's no one focusing on ANY kind of advertising whatsoever (Except for that unknown-to-almost-all voting link Charr posted above). Someone should definitely look into a person who'd work on advertising - advertising doesn't necessarily have to be costly. There are tens of RSPS communities out there which allow you to simply post your "thread" on the advertising section which DOES in fact get quite a lot of views on a monthly basis. Emps-World would definitely stick out from those PI and Matrix based sources which are almost all the same due to the immense amount of core-work, client-related updates and cache updates.

Regarding the previous statements about voting rewards "ruining" the economy. There is not that much to ruin - if you look at the economy right now, it's not in a good state at all. There's an overflow of items, a BIG overflow of cash (Where the hell have people gotten tens if not hundreds of billions of cash into the economy within just a few years, it's ridiculous). But that's irrelevant right now - who said you necessarily had to put rewards which could affect the economy? It's always possible to add untradable rewards (Perhaps degradable as well) which would affect the economy very little.

But seriously, you're missing a lead person for advertisement-related things. The reason I suggest this is because Thomy has done his part. Provided an enjoyable game - we should return the favour and get the game out there. Because frankly, if you ask anyone on any RSPS related community, you're not going to find many people who've heard of emps regardless of the fame it had in the past.

I've got so much to say but cannot find the right words for it.. The economy is one of the biggest issues around here though in my personal opinion - as a person who just a few days ago returned back into Emps-World. There is no fix for economy once it has gone bad. I believe the main reason it went shit this quick is due to the preserved accounts from the past. Now there's no way to recover the economy. Also, what's up with the experience rates? I haven't "tested" them but I feel like they're MUCH higher than they used to be. I'm getting millions of experience daily from just bossing - I can't recall getting this much experience in the past from bossing..?
The following users liked this post: Brony Fggt

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 06:30:00 am »
Regarding the previous statements about voting rewards "ruining" the economy. There is not that much to ruin - if you look at the economy right now, it's not in a good state at all. There's an overflow of items, a BIG overflow of cash (Where the hell have people gotten tens if not hundreds of billions of cash into the economy within just a few years, it's ridiculous). But that's irrelevant right now - who said you necessarily had to put rewards which could affect the economy? It's always possible to add untradable rewards (Perhaps degradable as well) which would affect the economy very little.

I agree with this. The only thing that would "fix" the economy would be the wipe of all accounts, which is not going to happen, and many people would leave if that happened. Adding untradeable rewards with stat bonuses would hurt the economy, because if you go to PK, you can retrieve the item you've lost. If it's an item without stat bonuses, I guess the people would still have their items and they'd have it on for like 30 minutes just to show off and then they'd basically forget about it. That's why I think that 5 event points OR 25 emps credits per day is the best reward we could get without having a huge impact on the economy.

Offline Special K0

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 12:39:38 pm »

I agree with this. The only thing that would "fix" the economy would be the wipe of all accounts, which is not going to happen, and many people would leave if that happened. Adding untradeable rewards with stat bonuses would hurt the economy, because if you go to PK, you can retrieve the item you've lost. If it's an item without stat bonuses, I guess the people would still have their items and they'd have it on for like 30 minutes just to show off and then they'd basically forget about it. That's why I think that 5 event points OR 25 emps credits per day is the best reward we could get without having a huge impact on the economy.
If you die in wilderness with untradables you can go and pick them up? That's stupid. Why was it changed to this..? I feel like the direction the game is heading to is the same as RS3. Make everything easier than it used to be because these weak players cannot handle the idea of losing something.. Everything is about gaining in emps right now, this isn't right. A proper economy states actual loss as well not constant gaining. Ugh this is something I strongly despise right now.
I expected untradable shit to disappear completely upon death - that was the whole point of what I said there.

Offline Mariuxas

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 01:33:38 pm »
One of the issues that I have been discussing recently , and it ended with nothing.
I have also asked for Thomy's reply about this and he is not caring at all , In my opinion , no one can help emps expect for it's owner.
Emps Scape Player Since September ,22, 2014.

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:33 pm »
Just to clear things up: since the last update, every untradable item that would be dropped in PK, is alched and dropped as cash instead. So no, you can no longer pick up untradables from wilderness.

Also, wipe wouldn't benefit the economy. It would just turn back time and happen all over again. Yes it's partly our fault by allowing to recover accounts from Emps-Scape, but even without that the combat levelling is very quick, which means that high-level content would be available fairly fast. Look at Jp for example: he maxed an ironman within 2 months, with just the combat and slayer it's even quicker.

So no, bank wipes and account resets wouldn't fix it. It's just a temporary solution, which would piss off most players and make them quit.

Offline Special K0

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 05:35:29 pm »
Just to clear things up: since the last update, every untradable item that would be dropped in PK, is alched and dropped as cash instead. So no, you can no longer pick up untradables from wilderness.

Also, wipe wouldn't benefit the economy. It would just turn back time and happen all over again. Yes it's partly our fault by allowing to recover accounts from Emps-Scape, but even without that the combat levelling is very quick, which means that high-level content would be available fairly fast. Look at Jp for example: he maxed an ironman within 2 months, with just the combat and slayer it's even quicker.

So no, bank wipes and account resets wouldn't fix it. It's just a temporary solution, which would piss off most players and make them quit.
Precisely, that's another thing that has actually bothered me. Why is everything so easy nowadays? One of the key elements of Emps was that it was far more difficult than other servers - right now it's not that different from the rest anymore and that MAY be one of the reasons why it's no longer as popular either. Back in Scape before all these experience boosts (Such as double experience weekends) there was a carved-in-stone experience rate which was 4x RS. Rn I feel like the experience rates range from 6-10X RS. Back then it used to take nearly a year to max an account - you cannot say that anymore unless you're playing a few hours per week basically >.>.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »
Actually some skills were faster or still are rougly the same speed. Melees are as fast for example. Runecrafting on the other hand is much slower compared to Scape and
herblore from 92(?) to 99 literally took you 15 minutes to get by making sara brews.

4xrs xp rates is VERY far away from the XP rates emps has ever had. *cough* combination runes *cough*

Offline Special K0

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 10:24:40 pm »
Actually some skills were faster or still are rougly the same speed. Melees are as fast for example. Runecrafting on the other hand is much slower compared to Scape and
herblore from 92(?) to 99 literally took you 15 minutes to get by making sara brews.

4xrs xp rates is VERY far away from the XP rates emps has ever had. *cough* combination runes *cough*
I don't know what you're talking about to be honest. Back when I played it was indeed 4x RS at least for the combat part, melee specifically. Right now it feels like it's 10x+.
I can remember it crisp clear when double experience weekends first game, that people would speak of 8x XP sometimes instead of "double XP". I've had several people tell me that Emps never had 4x xp.. I'm starting to question my life right now. I don't know too much about skilling as I never did that much though, only certain skills (RC and herb were not within those skills).

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 03:51:04 am »

I don't know what you're talking about to be honest. Back when I played it was indeed 4x RS at least for the combat part, melee specifically. Right now it feels like it's 10x+.
I can remember it crisp clear when double experience weekends first game, that people would speak of 8x XP sometimes instead of "double XP". I've had several people tell me that Emps never had 4x xp.. I'm starting to question my life right now. I don't know too much about skilling as I never did that much though, only certain skills (RC and herb were not within those skills).

I might know why does it feel like that. I remember back in 2010 when I was young, I was training 100% focused on the screen and kills, and I got it in 30 minutes, and that's pretty much the exact time of training you require. The reason why it feels faster right now is because most of the people were a little bit clueless back then. People were actually having fun, but getting experience slower. So that might've had some impact.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:14:39 am by Brony Fggt »

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 06:08:45 am »

Lowest combat XP per hit has ever been is 40 xp per hit which is no where close to 4xrs. That would be 16 xp per hit.

These are some XP rates from 2009 I was able to find. There is no fixed 4xrs.

Fishing: http://imgur.com/Sm2iQKh
Herblore: http://imgur.com/INSfBmu
Mining: http://imgur.com/O0j4jEB
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:46:28 am by Jp »

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 04:19:47 pm »
I remember when there was vote system added into the game, and I don't know why would you remove it. This server needs to have more players joining the game than quitting.
https://emps-world.net/wiki/Voting
How many times have I posted this link?
Exactly three times.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Charr
Pages: 1 2 3