The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Kevingames

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Item designs/ideas by the Community
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:50:15 pm »
I was thinking like, maybe the players can help by sharing they'r own designed items to you and you can just work them out and put to the game
it could be amazing idea for this game to do it, i have seen a lot of games have made that way and they are giving special items/gifts for the designers for helping the game with designing they'r own items
Emps-World since 2015!

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
Re: Item designs/ideas by the Community
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 06:12:25 pm »
This requires people to have sufficient modeling skills which I doubt anyone has. Afaik they need to model the items in metasequoia which is another modeling software than people use and can be difficult to learn.

Anyhow if there is someone able to do models I'm sure Thomer would be okay if he agrees with the ideas and the models.

*cough* Mary *cough*

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »
yeah, it takes more work than drawing one in paint :_: And Thomy probably isn't going to bother himself with modelling players shitty ideas >_> e.g barrows godswords or sword that can be used to cut down trees, farm herb patches and pick your nose.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:18:05 pm by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:32:20 pm »
yeah, it takes more work than drawing one in paint :_: And Thomy probably isn't going to bother himself with modelling players shitty ideas >_> e.g barrows godswords or sword that can be used to cut down trees, farm herb patches and pick your nose.

Nose picking new skill confirmed!
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Rocklal

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:18:41 pm »
that example though.
anyways the player base is tad a bit low to have a really good graphic designer, I mean it had one until a month or two ago I guess.

Offline Str Pvp14

• Liked: 38 times
  • +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 10:24:09 pm »
that example though.
anyways the player base is tad a bit low to have a really good graphic designer, I mean it had one until a month or two ago I guess.
It's not only the need for graphic designing abilities, you need to have reliable programming skills to define the functions of said items/objects.
I guess Thomy would be rather skeptic to random people submitting software to the game due to earlier events; https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=18078.0

Hate to break it to you, but having a community development system is probably not going to happen. You can still make Suggestions & Ideas though, but that's as far as it goes.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 05:48:56 am »
If you provide me with decent models, I can work out something. Making emps script public is also planned. We may not be too far away from community modding / content. :)

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:12 am »
If you provide me with decent models, I can work out something. Making emps script public is also planned. We may not be too far away from community modding / content. :)
This is a prime example for people who say "can't suggest anything because community is toxic and disagrees"

You're not suggesting shit to the community, if Thomy likes your ideas it might happen despite people not believing it ever will, including me or anyone else.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Il Pk I, Il Skill L, Bubblebeam2, Someone12116, Charr, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Emilsen102

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 10:52:29 am »

I have used 3D modelling softwares like cinema 4D as a hobby for a couple of years now, and i would love to contribute to new gear and stuff like that. is there any special preferred filetype, or can i just save any possible future suggestions as an .OBJ? or .C4D for that matter
i aint playing it unless it looks like the offspring of the sims and minecraft

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »
Currently I can only load models created with Metasequoia (http://www.metaseq.net/en/). These can be transformed with a special program to our internal format. Though this is very limited and doesn't support texturing.

Offline Emilsen102

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »
Currently I can only load models created with Metasequoia (http://www.metaseq.net/en/). These can be transformed with a special program to our internal format. Though this is very limited and doesn't support texturing.

Then how do you get the actual textures on the finished product? i'll take a look at metaseq and test it out sometimes this week.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 08:08:45 pm »

Then how do you get the actual textures on the finished product? i'll take a look at metaseq and test it out sometimes this week.

Currently there is no way.

Offline Waylander

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 08:33:26 pm »

There is a select few in the RSPS community that know how, but they are not willing to share. (rune-server/moparscape sport a couple users that know how to texture/transport UV data). In metasequoia you give each face a designated color, and through patterning faces like that you can create some form of 'texture' although this is very limited since the RS rendering machine handles this poorly on high poly models (handles high poly poorly in general).

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 07:30:58 am »
I rather write a standard model reader instead of getting UVs in metaseq exports to work. But currently, those are the limits.

Offline Emilsen102

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »
well, as far as i can see then you have to pay for that 3D modelling software. is it possible to create useable models in there for emps world, or do you need the fully paid version?

i'd love to make some models for the server, but if you are planning to make your own model loader in the near future, then i would rather wait till i can use the software im comfortable with.
Pages: 1 2