The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: hybriding?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 04:21:24 pm »
Hmm... that's an interesting topic. Thanks for the good read, guys.

I see that the central problem here is players being too tanky. Also, there is no real weakness that makes you hit accurately. Defence bonuses are on every style and so you're in general just becoming a tank. There's a little less and a little more bonus to your weak and strong combat style. In general, I don't think that system is bad, because it gives you the opportunity to combine a lot of items and still have decent combat power without a great weakness. I've also seen that people run around in plenty of different armour sets. I definitely do like that variety.

I don't want to overdo the whole thing, because overall the system is good for PvP and PvM alike. What I can think of, would be accuracy boosts in general to not completely change or break down the current bonus system.

Prayers also destroy accuracy a lot in my opinion, because you get a lot more defence bonus than accuracy bonus when activating Piety or Chivalry. So, if 2 players have prayers enabled, they'll hit less often. That sounds pretty stupid imo, but that's the case currently. What would you think of level 80 and 90 prayers that touch accuracy more than defence, or removing some of that defence bonus from Chivalry and Piety? Doing that would require PvM nerfs too, so that bosses don't become super difficult.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:23:30 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Attacker35

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 05:12:10 pm »

I see that the central problem here is players being too tanky. Also, there is no real weakness that makes you hit accurately. Defence bonuses are on every style and so you're in general just becoming a tank. There's a little less and a little more bonus to your weak and strong combat style. In general, I don't think that system is bad, because it gives you the opportunity to combine a lot of items and still have decent combat power without a great weakness. I've also seen that people run around in plenty of different armour sets. I definitely do like that variety.

I don't want to overdo the whole thing, because overall the system is good for PvP and PvM alike. What I can think of, would be accuracy boosts in general to not completely change or break down the current bonus system.

If not overdoing the whole system, and having accuracy buffs, then i would personally at least want to see negative bonuses. Wearing hides would offer negative offensive magic bonus, and so on.

Staying on Dabaus' topic, i had a thought for briding in general:
Reduce/Even remove the amount of maxhits that magic potion offers; bridding fights will become less of bloodbaths, they'll last longer in a nutshell. To back magic up so it wouldn't be underpowered, it would need some accuracy buffs, which i think they have actually been required for a long time, for sure, if you're not going to change plate armor magic defence bonuses to negative/neutral.

Bridding would also be more fluent and viable, when the freeze immunity timer would be longer. Currently it's very difficult to even stack off 5 tiles, which makes one tick stacks (from max barrage range) very difficult - if not impossible in many scenarios to land.
Another concept that i thought would be interesting to see is blood barrage. Whilst it can be strong in Pvm scenarios, i'd like to see blood barrage being used in pvp, though i've tried it, it's very useless if it's not used against multiple opponents at the same time. This is yet another factor that could make briding more viable, yet currently, with the immunity timers being very short, it's not worth to risk it, neither is it worth to risk your opponent melee you. So maybe a percentage buff on blood barrage? opinions on that? I think having the bigger percentage proc against only players would make it, so it won't be overpowered in pvm.

Cba about the prayers, i'm neutral on that one. I'd love to see some opinions.

Thanks for taking action in this, thomy, things need to be changed.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »
I'm definitely against negative bonuses, because that destroys the system imho. We can work with weaknesses, but definitely not with giving negative bonuses. This may have worked in early RS, where melee was really the only viable combat style, but it won't work in emps. Every combat style in emps is equal, you can exchange them anytime fighting monsters and I wouldn't want to revert that back.

I'm open for other changes though. Working with the combat modifiers of prayers would be a good solution for me. We could also think of the way spells work, but I don't think the effects should be applied when it splashes.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:38:39 pm by Thomy »

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 08:46:36 pm »

Prayers also destroy accuracy a lot in my opinion, because you get a lot more defence bonus than accuracy bonus when activating Piety or Chivalry. So, if 2 players have prayers enabled, they'll hit less often. That sounds pretty stupid imo, but that's the case currently. What would you think of level 80 and 90 prayers that touch accuracy more than defence, or removing some of that defence bonus from Chivalry and Piety? Doing that would require PvM nerfs too, so that bosses don't become super difficult.
No new prayers pls and ur telling me prayers are fine?
feature=youtu.be  these hits on 300 magic def bonus and pray? Didint even have max mage but maxhit was 55 and i hitted 33 on pray. If u are not going to do anything to magic, theres no possibility for hybriding tbh. Attacker35 have said more than enought info to make the hybriding great
Pages: 1 2