The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
Grand Exchange mechanic
« on: January 14, 2017, 07:15:39 pm »
Could anyone explain to me how the GE chooses which item from which player it buys. I always thought it would buy the item from the player who was selling it for the lowest amount of cash. But it seems it doesn't work like that. I had 2 granite mauls selling on GE, one for 599.999 coins and one for 600.000 coins, and the one for 600.000 coins was sold and the other one not.

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Exchange mechanic
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »
Highest gets sold for the price that the buyer puts up (so if closest offer is 8m you get 8m for the 6m offer), unless someone is buying it specifically for 599.999.

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:10:05 pm »
First come, first served.

All sell requests for a specific item are placed in an ordered list (new offers are appended at the end). When you place a buy request, this list is iterated from the beginning to the end. The first offer that matches your buy request (your price >= sell price) is picked.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 09:30:15 pm »

All sell requests for a specific item are placed in an ordered list (new offers are appended at the end). When you place a buy request, this list is iterated from the beginning to the end. The first offer that matches your buy request (your price >= sell price) is picked.

Didn't you say once that it is completely random and the order keeps on changing ?

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 09:43:59 pm »

Didn't you say once that it is completely random and the order keeps on changing ?

Yup, you're right. I just checked the code and the offers are shuffled. So it's random. Looks like I explained the initial version, shuffling was an upgrade. :)

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 11:14:55 am »

Yup, you're right. I just checked the code and the offers are shuffled. So it's random. Looks like I explained the initial version, shuffling was an upgrade. :)

Okay thanks , now I understand. Thank you !
Pages: 1