The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2017, 11:56:50 am »

Isn't that what we have said before ? I don't get it yet Thomy focused way 2much on graphics and almost forgot about the content, eventho a lot of people disagreed on it however most of them don't play the game
most of forums users don't care if its gets changed or not, however ing players does care and people who left did care.

the majority of our players left during the break Thomy took 2 years ago or a year ago i don't remember, when he left the server for 3 months or so ( I am not blaming him as a person don't get me wrong, he has his own life and uni to care about instead of the game and I would've done the same if I was in the same situation ) however this won't change the fact that it is the reason.

He spent over a month working on Shadows, and we are really thankful for it however people wanted something to enjoy
like something to make them login again , my laptop can't handle shadows at highest or even medium settings so I keep it off since at low settings its really bad looking and just make my laptop overheat.

My final words on this, What he has done in the last 2 updates are the things that saved the server we went from 40s to 100 + in a week or 2
It means people really wants to play the game and I can actually as a person who spent his last year afking, I am doing a bit of slayer to get some sp and trying to get the new items,

What I think is good for the server ?
Focus a lot into new content, and avoid spending your time on graphical updates
people won't really come to the game if the river looks moving or not, if we have a sunset or not ( not saying its a bad thing again, but I am saying if doing such things means you won't be able to focus on other things then try to not do it )
people came in the last few years because we are the only server that is not shit compared to other servers where you can do everything while staying home, having all of the shops at one place and so on

We don't want the old game back, its gone and we understand that
we want our server to be unique again.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:39:44 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Di Dot

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2017, 12:37:48 pm »

Isn't that what we have said before ? I don't get it yet Thomy focused way 2much on graphics and almost forgot about the content, eventho a lot of people disagreed on it however most of them don't play the game
most of forums users don't care if its gets changed or not, however ing players does care and people who left did care.

the majority of our players left during the break Thomy took 2 years ago or a year ago i don't remember, when he left the server for 3 months or so ( I am not blaming him as a person don't get me wrong, he has his own life and uni to care about instead of the game and I would've done the same if I was in the same situation ) however this won't change the fact that it is the reason.

He spent over a month working on Shadows, and we are really thankful for it however people wanted something to enjoy
like something for them to make them login again and do, my laptop can't handle shadows at highest or even medium settings so I keep it off since at low settings its really bad looking and just make my laptop overheat.

My final words on this, What he has done in the last 2 updates are the things that saved the server we went from 40s to 100 + in a week or 2
It means people really wants to play the game and I can actually as a person who spent his last year afking, I am doing a bit of slayer to get some sp and trying to get the new items,

What I think is good for the server ?
Focus a lot into new content, and avoid spending your time on graphical updates
people won't really come to the game if the river looks moving or not, if we have a sunset or not ( not saying its a bad thing again, but I am saying if doing such things means you won't be able to focus on other things then try to not do it )
people came in the last years because we are the only server that is not shit compared to other servers where you can do everything while staying home, shops and so on

We don't want the old game back, its gone and we understand that
we want our server to be unique again.

Have a nice day.

I agree, actually i play emps of his version, i dont like too old also too new versions, but hd water... damn god... even irl rivers dont have hd water... joke, as i said i prefer current version, i dont like osrs coz its too wooden as rs3 too new, those shadows, water, particles... who the fuck they needs? Seems soon emps requirement would be 16gb ram with 4gb graphic card... peace.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2017, 02:22:39 pm »
Scotu beam me ip pls
 ::)

Offline Lereaper

• Liked: 14 times
  • +0/-0
  • emps-scape noob 2008, emps-world noob 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2017, 09:57:36 am »
Hello, noob here.

i've read through most of the replies on this Popularity thread
Alot of people talking about oldschool, more pking and fixing economy by making end-game items more rare and expensive.

from my point of view, a new player, none of these ideas seem appealing

oldschool is a chance to start over with items and graphics from good ol' emps-scape, fun for veterans, pointless for people who just started.

wilderness and pkers are spooky as it is (for new players), i won't go near half the bosses because would have to pass through the wilderness to get to them.

making end-game items less available would definitely be healthy for the game, but wouldn't help new players
i think nex supply the demand for super rare and expensive drops for now.

already suggested a party search idea:
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20011.msg155850#msg155850

i think it could help noobs like me getting used to bosses, aswell as help veterans find groups for nex.

sorry for my terrible english
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Jp, Someone12116, Charr, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Meskin Boi

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2017, 06:29:22 pm »
As an advocate for old school I feel like bringing it back would end the constant debating of "nostalgia". With that being said, newer players would have a choice of trying old school or sticking with Emps-World.

That way we can see old school as a project and track how many people play it and whether to keep it or not. I feel like it should have the proper maintenance but priority should be with Emps-World.

I know Thomy is working his hardest but I feel as if Old School should be prioritized over any other updates at the moment.

I tried being objective in this post but I am literally checking forums every day for any news on the release of Old School and hoping for the best =)

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »
As an advocate for old school I feel like bringing it back would end the constant debating of "nostalgia". With that being said, newer players would have a choice of trying old school or sticking with Emps-World.
It really wouldn't. From the screenshots that have been released thus far people have already expressed that it "isn't old emps" and thus wouldn't satisfy them.

That way we can see old school as a project and track how many people play it and whether to keep it or not. I feel like it should have the proper maintenance but priority should be with Emps-World.
I don't think launching an entirely new server is something appropriate for a "trial" type thing. It takes far too much time and resources to just try out.

I know Thomy is working his hardest but I feel as if Old School should be prioritized over any other updates at the moment.
Have you not had a look at what the lastest updates have done for the server? If anything it's shown that not working on oldschool should be prioritized. Why should something that is essentially a risk be prioritized over something that'll guarantee growth?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:39:07 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Themarfish

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2017, 03:30:19 am »
Going back to oldschool is a potential growth opportunity. If you do it similar to the way scape was, I don't see how it wouldn't bring back those old players.
I don't know how many 07 private servers are out there, but I know my friends and I are awaiting for one to pop up that has a large active member base before starting the grind (I.E. emps-scape).
The following users liked this post: Joshiee, Ranged Pkkkk

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2017, 08:05:56 pm »
I know my friends and I are awaiting for one to pop up that has a large active member base before starting the grind.

You made me remember the old days. I'm pretty sure all my friends will come back if oldschool comes back.

"All my friends" - A lot of friends ( at least 20 ).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:08:37 pm by Blake »
The following users liked this post: Joshiee

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2017, 10:28:44 am »
Everyone wants OSES. Grab the old code and make a trial client and see what happens?
The following users liked this post: Blake, Zudikas95187

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2017, 12:22:03 pm »
Everyone wants OSES. Grab the old code and make a trial client and see what happens?

as simple as 1 2 3. /s
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2017, 02:09:51 pm »

as simple as 1 2 3. /s
It's evidently not as simple, else it probably would have been done? Everything has to move forward and that's exactly what Thomy wants for Emps. Going backwards restricts the number of updates we can actually have without having to create and code everything in manually, for example; New bosses. Things like these are not easily accessible, nor easy to create due to them because coded specifically for higher versions of code. I'm not a coder, but I believe that to be the reason behind not going back to OSES.
The following users liked this post: Themarfish

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2017, 03:13:25 pm »
the structure of the server changed so significantly that for current updates to actually work on an old framework, you would have to rewrite everything. You cannot insert an old piece of code or use it with the current framework, and by reverting the framework a lot of new pieces of code would not work. The references and the structure changed so much that it would bug out severely. That's why it's such an immense undertaking.
Yes, ofcourse you can 'simply' revert to the state of the server of 3-5 years ago, but this would remove a lot of content, fixed bugs and optimization that people are accustomed to nowadays. Not to mention all the work that would go to waste, all for the risk of gaining a couple extra players that will probably not come back because they have a job now, or because they moved on to other games.
The following users liked this post: Joshiee, S Clegane

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »

as simple as 1 2 3. /s
It's evidently not as simple, else it probably would have been done? Everything has to move forward and that's exactly what Thomy wants for Emps. Going backwards restricts the number of updates we can actually have without having to create and code everything in manually, for example; New bosses. Things like these are not easily accessible, nor easy to create due to them because coded specifically for higher versions of code. I'm not a coder, but I believe that to be the reason behind not going back to OSES.

/s = sarcasm
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Csart2 Ltu

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
  • Humanity<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »
best game ever!
we love you Emps-World!

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:28 pm »
best game ever!
we love you Emps-World!
Help if you love :)

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12