The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2017, 09:17:51 pm »
Just forget the idea of having 2 worlds, let the second world die in peace.

We can't actually discuss a decent way to sink a lot of items, with 2 open worlds for 50 players to get their shit from.

limit the sources of the items by removing the second world for gods sake.

Well, as much as I understand from his reply, he'll use the world 2 as an old school world where it's basically just Old School Runescape with faster experience.

Yeh I understood that, However I meant even if didn't do that Huge change that Imo is a huge risk to take, then he should shut down w2

Focusing on one world is what he should be doing instead of 2 worlds.
World 2 doesn't have any extra costs. It's basically free.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2017, 09:21:28 pm »
I've digged a little deeper into the oldschool stuff. It could work out and as already previously mentioned in this topic... the project will be gigantic. I'll drop more screenshots when I know more about the project. To begin with, I'll copy all weapons, its bonuses, special attacks and accuracy values from osrs.

Just as a reminder, this won't impact the state of current Emps-World. Nothing is going to be closed and nothing would be shared between the current version and its oldschool clone other than friends lists and clan chats.

I for myself enjoy working on an oldschool Emps-World too... it really does feel nostalgic to walk around on the old map with old character models. I'll see where the project goes and post more details when they are available.

Also regarding all the 'what thomy should do' replies... quit it without any proper arguments. It leads nowhere and only gets yourself into a fight with others... including me. Thanks for all the decent feedback so far!

EDIT: Oh yeah... A lot of content in Emps-World could be done with our scripting language. I've also already implemented a mechanism where custom scripts can be uploaded to the game and be executed. This has been tested over the last months in world 3. I'll definitely get more details regarding the script, so that custom content can become a thing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:27:37 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Skill0wzer, Drugs, Iownu5xbetr, Ranger 0wns, Gaufer, Iron Corne, S Clegane

Offline Arnold

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2017, 09:54:19 pm »
Bring back to life Emps-Scape not Emps-World. Emps-scape was something special. All about those rares which most people wanted. Everything had value which now dont have.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2017, 09:57:33 pm »
Bring back to life Emps-Scape not Emps-World. Emps-scape was something special. All about those rares which most people wanted. Everything had value which now dont have.
Emps-Scape is a banned domain and cannot be used due to juridical reasons I believe. Hence we are now called Emps-World.

Offline Arnold

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2017, 10:02:36 pm »
Emps-Scape is a banned domain and cannot be used due to juridical reasons I believe. Hence we are now called Emps-World.

Well but it was something special. And now it isn't. No new items was, everyone was happy. Everyones pking, staking, skilling. And the number of people didnt decreased. But the thing is, all young kids no more interested in such game. Most players are adults these days. I remember those old days with love.. :(

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 06:18:02 am »
Is it already decided that OSES is happening?

If yes, shouldn't there be a new topic regarding all the OSES features to have or have not?

I would gladly offer my help regarding suggestions and ideas, drops, exp rates, quests, etc. despite us not getting along that much.
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2017, 07:19:17 am »

Well but it was something special. And now it isn't. No new items was, everyone was happy. Everyones pking, staking, skilling. And the number of people didnt decreased. But the thing is, all young kids no more interested in such game. Most players are adults these days. I remember those old days with love.. :(

Arnold, first of all, there was no OSRS back then, so that's the main reason why the player count was so high. Second of all, we have 40 people now, which means most of the people who were pking and staking quit the game, now people are either PVMing, Skilling, Bankstanding or (a very small portion) PKing. People won't play this game forever, a lot of them will lose motivation, interest, move onto other games or just life stuff in general. Putting the exact copy of Emps-Scape into the game wouldn't bring old players back.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Someone12116, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2017, 12:31:18 pm »
Honestly it doesn't look all that bad, but that's where the positives stop for me.

I still wouldn't want it. We would have a content drought for however long it takes to develop. It might solve some of the server's problems, but it wouldn't take very long for people to get to the point where they've got nothing to do again. It would still split the playerbase and both worlds would kind of hurt eachother in that regard. I would much rather see the development time be put into actual content and or fixing existing content.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:34:32 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Papa Troq, Level Down, K Naut

Offline K Naut

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:54 pm »
A lot of replies to read through and the only thing I disagree with is splitting the community.

Offline M4ul K0ed

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2017, 01:35:04 pm »
Honestly it doesn't look all that bad, but that's where the positives stop for me.

I still wouldn't want it. We would have a content drought for however long it takes to develop. It might solve some of the server's problems, but it wouldn't take very long for people to get to the point where they've got nothing to do again. It would still split the playerbase and both worlds would kind of hurt eachother in that regard. I would much rather see the development time be put into actual content and or fixing existing content.
The content is in drought already, player attractive content atleast.

People wanna play games for the sake of challenge and with a goal of being better than others. Skilling/pvming doesn't offer that, it might be a challenge to some extent, but it's just who is willing to devote all that time to get the drop/99 or xp goal (dno where that came, beyond retarded).

People wanna go head to head, this way you can actually outplay others and show some actual SKILL. Yes, RNG is a big part of this, but thats the key, you never know whats coming. Why are games like LoL and CSGO so popular? You can destory other players and show them who is the boss, no one cares how much time you wasted to get a 250m in skill or a pet or a certain drop???

And then there is staking, from my point of view, staking is a tool to achieve end game content sooner, without the grind. You can make a f... ton a money in a short period of time (yes, you can lose it aswell), but with that money you have the ability to actually enjoy for example high risk pking, without the worry of losing your bank, you grinded for hours if you didn't stake. Why people play loto and go gambling? Everyone likes nice stuff and being able to do shit they like, thats what staking offers.

So where I'm going with that, there has to be a more fun way of being able to obtain items you want/end game content. Doing it through grinding is not an answer nowadays, people are just lazier.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Skill0wzer, Kaner, Charr, Di Dot, Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2017, 02:24:53 pm »
The content is in drought already, player attractive content atleast.
Suppose so, hasn't exactly been too much new content that I've done specifically.

You can destory other players and show them who is the boss, no one cares how much time you wasted to get a 250m in skill or a pet or a certain drop???
No, but completion and or speedrunning is a concept that does appeal to certain people. You're forgetting runescape (and any private server) is essentially still an mmorpg and not a PvP game. You may only like PvP and that's fine, there are people that like other things though.

So where I'm going with that, there has to be a more fun way of being able to obtain items you want/end game content. Doing it through grinding is not an answer nowadays, people are just lazier.
It really depends on what you consider a grind. I'd consider getting requirements for a boss and then learning to kill that boss fun rather than a grind. The thing is we don't really have that. Earning things can be fun, this is why ironman mode became a thing.
;
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, K Naut

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2017, 09:29:27 am »
Seems like, Again we've skipped the Economy problem.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2017, 10:03:31 am »
Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.

An idea how you could advertise the game - Basically there are runescape facebook fanpages made by fans with thousands of followers, for example you could DM one of these and ask for a promotion for a small fee.

Here is list of some facebook pages i found with a big amount of followers who you could DM and ask if they could advertise your server:

https://www.facebook.com/RSMemesG/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRunescapeMemes/
https://www.facebook.com/RunescapeMemers/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:08:53 am by Crusher123 »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2017, 10:08:38 am »
Advertisements: I know that ads help growing our population. Though... there's no budget for ads everywhere and I also can't get spots on toplists.

An idea how you could advertise the game - Basically there are runescape facebook fanpages made by fans with thousands of followers, for example you could DM one of these and ask for a promotion for small fee.

Here is list of some facebook pages i found with a big amount of followers who you could DM and ask if they could advertise your server:

Advertising a private server on official RuneScape fan sites isn't going to work out. However, I do get the concept of it, thanks. :)

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2017, 10:09:36 am »

An idea how you could advertise the game - Basically there are runescape facebook fanpages made by fans with thousands of followers, for example you could DM one of these and ask for a promotion for small fee.

Advertising a private server on official RuneScape fan sites isn't going to work out. However, I do get the concept of it, thanks. :)

These aren't officall runescape facebook pages, thats the thing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:11:54 am by Crusher123 »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12