The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 02:33:11 pm »
Thanks for the feedback so far! I've read through all of your replies and found quite some contrary opinions.

I do realize that a global account / economy reset could work out, but I'm pretty sure that this is just going to make the game even less popular. We're not just going to reset the game, because something isn't working out. Some people have put years of work into their accounts. I won't just wipe out the account database (we have backups :kappa:).

I've also identified many suggestions that would make the game more appealing, simplify things or just make certain processes easier. However, I don't feel like changing tiny bits of the game will change the fact that we're still lacking players.

Alright then... I've thought quite a while about this and also hesitated posting a screenshot like this, but I'll give it a go anyway: Oldschool Emps-World. This would replace world 2 and be a new realm with new stats, items and spawns. The only thing that you'd share would be the friends list and account name. I've tried to load osrs data into the emps client to see what it would look like and it didn't turn out too bad:

If I continue this project, it'd mean that I have to COMPLETELY rework the game. Meaning all items, animations, interactions, etc. have to be completely rewritten. It'd be by far the largest project I've ever worked on. If I give this project a go, it would happen in small and incremental patches.

Sooo.... thoughts on this? It'd double the work for me, because I have to maintain 2 realms.

Well, OSES seems like a reset. I approve that idea xD

Are you planning on filling out a new map or using the current emps map while deleting unnecessary things?

Also for this to work, we need the normal combat system with the old combat triangle. Same goes for the OSRS PK style with 1 tick speccing, eating, etc.

Not to mention that you would need to change your habbit and make some weapons strong.

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 02:35:26 pm »
I would recommend something similar to Priffidinas or Menaphos. I am maxed player and after I got maxed I literally got bored, I just didn't know anymore what to do. I'm not grinding for 250m exp like Charr. I would recommend something like max guild are or something that people who are maxed have something to do as well, that maybe reduce player loss.

Also maybe donator and super donator stars or something, it's just a personal thing. But I would want to see something that would keep players busy like a weekly of log ins will get you some kind of rewards, monthly and even yearly?
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »
First thing that came up in my mind is Titles. They could support people to vote.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 02:39:42 pm »
@Thomy

I'm not really sure if i understood your post correctly but...

You really have to be careful with oldschool emps if thats what you decide. I mean which items are going to be removed compared to current emps, what about ironman mode, godwars or no godwars.. Somehow you gotta figure out the perfect place in history to which we(read: you) should revert the game to. And that's why i find the screenshot you posted quite confusing. It's not just the graphics that grind players gears but also things like GE? Wtf is that flying worm thing? Don't really remember those things when i think of the 'golden age' of emps-scape.
It's a massive gamble time wise because i can only imagine how frustrating its going to be if it doesn't eventually work out. And maybe even consider some help coding wise? Neo and Sven didn't really work out the last time but starting basically a separate server might give you a better position for finding help?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 02:41:51 pm »
Wtf is that flying worm thing?

Zulrah
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:04:47 pm by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Tomtim1, S Clegane

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 06:16:31 pm »
Thanks for the feedback so far! I've read through all of your replies and found quite some contrary opinions.

I do realize that a global account / economy reset could work out, but I'm pretty sure that this is just going to make the game even less popular. We're not just going to reset the game, because something isn't working out. Some people have put years of work into their accounts. I won't just wipe out the account database (we have backups :kappa:).

I've also identified many suggestions that would make the game more appealing, simplify things or just make certain processes easier. However, I don't feel like changing tiny bits of the game will change the fact that we're still lacking players.

Alright then... I've thought quite a while about this and also hesitated posting a screenshot like this, but I'll give it a go anyway: Oldschool Emps-World. This would replace world 2 and be a new realm with new stats, items and spawns. The only thing that you'd share would be the friends list and account name. I've tried to load osrs data into the emps client to see what it would look like and it didn't turn out too bad:

If I continue this project, it'd mean that I have to COMPLETELY rework the game. Meaning all items, animations, interactions, etc. have to be completely rewritten. It'd be by far the largest project I've ever worked on. If I give this project a go, it would happen in small and incremental patches.

Sooo.... thoughts on this? It'd double the work for me, because I have to maintain 2 realms.

if it would be a deadman mode world... Would be insane !
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 06:23:46 pm »

Yeah and the name would be fitting since literally nobody would play it. We simply do not have the players for that.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Martin

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 06:58:32 pm »

Yeah and the name would be fitting since literally nobody would play it. We simply do not have the players for that.

Its open so im discussing :)

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »

Please make the Zulrah like in OSRS, with low magic defence on green form and low ranged defence on tanzanite form please! This would be the real shit!

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »
Just forget the idea of having 2 worlds, let the second world die in peace.

We can't actually discuss a decent way to sink a lot of items, with 2 open worlds for 50 players to get their shit from.

limit the sources of the items by removing the second world for gods sake.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »

We can't actually discuss a decent way to sink a lot of items, with 2 open worlds for 50 players to get their shit from.

Well, as much as I understand from his reply, he'll use the world 2 as an old school world where it's basically just Old School Runescape with faster experience.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 08:45:37 pm »

Well, as much as I understand from his reply, he'll use the world 2 as an old school world where it's basically just Old School Runescape with faster experience.

He said he just loaded some osrs data to see how it works, but didnt say anything about it being a copy of osrs.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 08:51:31 pm »
Pictures like that are very easy to make :) It's just a test so far as far as I'm concerned.
There hasn't been anything done yet and I doubt we'll see anything in at least 2 months from my understanding. It's absolutely massive project.

If something ever happens to world 2 we (Thomy) could try hype that up by holding back the ads for now and once something happens advertise then as "Emps-World Oldschool" grand opening or something similar that may attract players.  I understand that it's hard but if an opportunity opens up and there's nothing that would prevent it, why not? We as a community can also contribute towards that by creating ad banners.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:04:38 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Zudikas95187, Iron Corne

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 09:16:38 pm »

Yeh I understood that, However I meant even if he changed his mind about that Huge change which Imo is a huge risk to take, then he should shut down w2

Focusing on one world is what he should be doing instead of 2 worlds.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:25:35 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12