The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline Icebound

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2017, 09:37:27 pm »
Veteran player here, been ages since I logged in. I've gone through college and started a job since I last played Emps-Scape. Those were the good old days.  It saddens me to see such a great game become obsolete.

I think popularity has gone down for a few reasons (my apologies if this is redundant, I haven't read the rest of the thread):

When Emps-Scape went offline for a few months, this was during a time of resurgence for Old School RS. I think a lot of players just switched over to OSRS, because it was more or less the same game, but a larger community and more grinding. Did you know that OSRS has surpassed the number of players from '07? Just goes to show you how popular of a game it is. RS3 struggled for many reasons. It eliminated the nostalgic feel, it focused on creating a brand new game, where people just wanted the standard Old School graphics and activities. Now OSRS is focusing on keeping everything the same, but creating new content.  They've done a great job, but they also have a huge budget, advertising, development team, etc.

Back when I played Emps-Scape 4-5 years ago there were about 500-700 people online at peak, 100-200 online during off-hours. Don't know if I could return because IRL happens, but I'd love to see the game return to its prime.
The following users liked this post: Blake

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2017, 07:34:01 pm »
Your eyes cant see more than jpeg anyways, HD is just a social construct created by Bill Gates to convince you that there's more than just male and female pixels.
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Someone12116

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2017, 10:39:23 pm »
Your eyes cant see more than jpeg anyways, HD is just a social construct created by Bill Gates to convince you that there's more than just male and female pixels.

The following users liked this post: Kaner, Drugs, Bluestorm, S Clegane

Offline Ukraptuuna

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2017, 05:19:15 pm »
Thomy, if you bring back Old emps-scape you'll be getting everyone back and thats guaranteed
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Zudikas95187, Str8att7

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2017, 10:31:17 am »

BMP pls or nty

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2018, 10:38:41 am »
Veteran player here, been ages since I logged in. I've gone through college and started a job since I last played Emps-Scape. Those were the good old days.  It saddens me to see such a great game become obsolete.

I think popularity has gone down for a few reasons (my apologies if this is redundant, I haven't read the rest of the thread):

When Emps-Scape went offline for a few months, this was during a time of resurgence for Old School RS. I think a lot of players just switched over to OSRS, because it was more or less the same game, but a larger community and more grinding. Did you know that OSRS has surpassed the number of players from '07? Just goes to show you how popular of a game it is. RS3 struggled for many reasons. It eliminated the nostalgic feel, it focused on creating a brand new game, where people just wanted the standard Old School graphics and activities. Now OSRS is focusing on keeping everything the same, but creating new content.  They've done a great job, but they also have a huge budget, advertising, development team, etc.

Back when I played Emps-Scape 4-5 years ago there were about 500-700 people online at peak, 100-200 online during off-hours. Don't know if I could return because IRL happens, but I'd love to see the game return to its prime.
Thank god that someone has spoken the truth

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2018, 11:24:14 pm »
I have experience about servers, as u see the most successfuly servers today are OLD SCHOOL (osrs).
The chance of growing emps again is Old-school.
Old Emps-scape was delta base I think, I know it has a tons of bugs, etc. so now update it to osrs verstion with new updates, just make 2 toggle data of playing, new school and oldschool osrs. Try that, and if u are going to tell me "We can't" "Nty we hate odschool" or "It's impossible" Then emps will never grow up. As u see much people beggins with oldschool that's mean you have % much about oldschool, to be honest Idc, what u like brother, Thomy. <3
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:25:49 pm by Blake »

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2018, 09:35:27 am »
I have experience about servers, as u see the most successfuly servers today are OLD SCHOOL (osrs).
The chance of growing emps again is Old-school.
Old Emps-scape was delta base I think, I know it has a tons of bugs, etc. so now update it to osrs verstion with new updates, just make 2 toggle data of playing, new school and oldschool osrs. Try that, and if u are going to tell me "We can't" "Nty we hate odschool" or "It's impossible" Then emps will never grow up. As u see much people beggins with oldschool that's mean you have % much about oldschool, to be honest Idc, what u like brother, Thomy. <3

Retard spotted.
The following users liked this post: Blake, Skymaster100

Offline Alugis

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2018, 06:59:55 pm »
3 Things why people play RSPS: pvm, skilling, pking.
I saw this game turn from all 3 into 2 - PVM and Skilling. Pking was left out (was improved but not in a way people enjoy it)..

You would find a wide audience of players if it was OSRS type pking feel rather than pre EoC kinda stuff which nobody really enjoys.
There are lots of people who want to practice or cannot afford gear in the real game so they search for easier alternatives. People will come here to learn, but stay for what EMPS can offer .... ?
To start bringing players back to wildy introduce a PKP SHOP - people could receive upgraded weapons, boosts or items that are necessary for everyday stuff all untradeable and degradable. Everyone would have a reason to go pking.. With it comes PK VIDEOS, which are natural advertisements. If using right keywords
in Youtube you could receive tons of views..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:05:58 pm by Alugis »
The following users liked this post: Mattthu, Namnori, Illlllllllll

Offline Theoneofall

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2018, 05:23:38 am »
Want people to stay? Put a end to gambling

Thanks Tulrak for this awesome Signature!
Player since 2011 on different occounts

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2018, 05:42:53 am »
Want people to stay? Put a end to gambling
This isn't the problem, there are servers that actually encourage dice games, flower games, and all sorts of gambling methods and still have a pretty active community of 500+ players.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2018, 09:39:59 am »
3 Things why people play RSPS: pvm, skilling, pking.
I saw this game turn from all 3 into 2 - PVM and Skilling. Pking was left out (was improved but not in a way people enjoy it)..

You would find a wide audience of players if it was OSRS type pking feel rather than pre EoC kinda stuff which nobody really enjoys.
There are lots of people who want to practice or cannot afford gear in the real game so they search for easier alternatives. People will come here to learn, but stay for what EMPS can offer .... ?
To start bringing players back to wildy introduce a PKP SHOP - people could receive upgraded weapons, boosts or items that are necessary for everyday stuff all untradeable and degradable. Everyone would have a reason to go pking.. With it comes PK VIDEOS, which are natural advertisements. If using right keywords
in Youtube you could receive tons of views..
Also, reconsider that in Pking - nowadays people usually just come to bully you and not to fight. Fights are more and more becoming segment where they express hatred towards you or just to mock you in any way they can(keep in mind, I'm not including Dh fights in 1 - 7 level wilderness area near Edgeville) No wonder there is, let's say, up to 6 people(which is at best 10% of whole active playerbase, if we peak at 60 player count online right now) Not to mention - rebuild from Duel Arena. That's how pking worked ever since it started to get more empty. Neither pkers suggest things nor is PKP shop any how relevant thing here. First, wilderness should look more active and not like ghost town from time to time having a bit errand to run away from at revenant or spectrals area. Also, reason why PKP shop is worst idea ever to bring up, people in wilderness that are still running there cause the ones who are already cleaned tend to leave - will gain those rewards in no time, no matter how you look at it while newbie will come empty to edge and will leave it just as much(if not more) dissapointed as he was too late to grab those rewards and use them to gain any sort of advantage during the fights. I remember days when Lars used to pk - a guy literally knew what he was doing, always looked for decent fights and never backed down from them either. Unlike these days, can't go anywhere without bully in it.
O-T:
Yesterday visited other server. Met 126 lvl donator status guy - literally, hands me 300 dragon bones to gain fast levels and other stuff to do something there, asks if I need something just pm me, provides me more info than I could get from forums in one day just reading everything through. I don't know about here, can't judge all personalities but when I got back here after "great" shutdown(I would say it was around 2015 - 2016 when I came back) to start from scratch playing - all I found was sarcasm filled people who even comprehands you for not knowing one or two things about this server. So, maybe it's not Thomy, nor his actions at fault? Maybe, excluding new players from greater picture is what makes older ones leave as well? (not talking about veterans) I mean you want people in wilderness, bigger community or even more suggestions - yet, on other hand there is plenty of players who like nothing else but to bully them out. :D So, where is fucking logic in that...

All I know, from personal experience, if community pushes Thomy for not having more players in wilderness, more players overall, I suppose it's time you take a good look in the mirror and say I did everything there is to do here to make it great again.
As far as Youtube goes, how come I see my friends Di Dot or Rotanas making videos - doing effort to advertise this server that it's worth playing yet someone other brag about there is no way he would gain more players... Lol, what? Instead of schemming your little bully campaign, I think best option is accept new players won't even look at this community nicely if you bully the ones that are already in it or perhaps, change as players and respect each other for once. It's not like time is giving us any sort of opportunity to live life twice. Also, I respect what Ameer and Junkz said on some points.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2018, 09:56:59 am »
New topic - https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20986.0
(Same subject and discussion but on its current situation.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:53:34 am by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird, Tulrak
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12