The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Future of Emps-World - Popularity Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 01:48:54 pm »
Reset the server, we can sacrifice Charr  :D
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Kaner, 3st Ranger X, Martin, S Clegane, K Naut

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 02:31:38 pm »
Beside title title itself, we should have a little something for each title/rank in game; such as modisland for mods.
*Server Support -> Those who know the game really well and wants to help out players, similar to mods.
*GFX Designer  -> We had this.                 
*Ex-Staff         -> for anyone that was once a staff.                   
*Veteran         -> old players x years+               
*YouTuber       ->anyone that make x amount of videos
*Donator rank  ->  (3+ euro)
*super donator   ->(x+ euro)
*Extreme donator  ->(x+ Euro)
*Legendary donator  ->(x+ euro)

GFX Desinger / Youtuber should fall into the same rank
No need for Ex-staff / Veteran ranks IMO
2 ranks for donating should be fine ( Donator / Super donator )

A lot of items should be removed from the game ( However I am against a reset not because I have some pixels, however people will always have the feeling of ' Why to play the game they might have another reset if anything goes wrong again ' )

auction worked perfectly fine last time Martin hosted one,
its like replacing 100 items for 1 item.
it could be done using an npc

For example, you add there an item for 1b
that's total of 1000 tickets to be given to players
each 1mil you give that npc you take in return a ticket
of course the higher the amount of the tickets you have, the higher the chance of winning will be but that doesn't always mean you'll win it.

Billions got removed from the game because of RWT the past few months, why not check the amount of that cash and start buying some items from g.e without mentioning the things you're removing from the game ? <--- This should be only done by martin,Thomy the other 2 high rank staff members which I forgot their names but not the whole team to avoid abusing it * Cough *

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 04:05:28 pm »
Just a thought for referral system rewards, give the referrer 6 days of membership every time the referred person uses a member ticket. That way it requires the referred person to play and encourages the referrer to actually help the referred get started in the game. Another benefit of it is that if someone figures out a way to abuse the system then they're not going to get anything out of it, while people who actually refer other people to play the game and get themselves free membership that way would gain something. For that reason I think that there shouldn't even be any checks for abuse, as a simple IP check might exclude someone, who showed their friends or family members the game on their own account before having them sign up on the same computer (that's unlikely, but is it really necessary to have people complain about it?), while people who refer their dogs, blind grandmas and little sisters, who can't speak English, would be getting less out of abusing the system than they would've if they had simply used the member ticket on their main account.

I would also like to see the assistance clan chat removed. As far as I understand Charr was the only reason it was brought back and Charr is never there and neither is anyone else who's capable of helping people, whereas there are plenty of helpful people in the Emps-World clan chat almost at all times. As such splitting the community to two based on how long someone has played is not a very good idea in my opinion. Something else I noticed today is that when players do host events then they announce them in the emps-world cc, I was checking both the assistance cc and emps-world cc and when one of those events was announced in emps-world, I repeated the message in assistance (along with instructions on how people can get to wedding, where the event was hosted) just to see if people in there would be interested in it and plenty of the people, who did show up, were indeed still in assistance clan chat. So those people not being included in events, that people host, is another downside of having a separate clan chat for beginners.

As for the server reset, I would rather have all items made degradable and unrepairable if we're going to go that far. It's not the ideal solution even when we're that desperate but it creates a demand for all the useful items, because all the useful items would constantly be sinked as people use them and no one would bitch about losing anything, because they wouldn't. Ideally that would bring PVM back to life as there would then be an actual point in trying to get items, because there would actually be players who want those items, because they would not have them anymore. The problem with server reset is that it doesn't actually fix any issues, it just temporarily removes them, so even if it did work then eventually we would need to consider other solutions anyway.
Giving every item 10,000 charges for example would probably work, a charge would be used up every time the player attacks something (which is true for both weapons and armor). For something like a dragon scimitar that would mean that players would be able to use it for 7 hours of combat before it's used up, which is plenty of time to kill enough things to get a profit from PVM. Or to put it more simply, after 81 minutes of attacking the dummy in Lumbridge with a dragon scimitar while wearing santa costume, I had a DPS of 5.2, with one hit every 2.5 seconds that's an average of 13 per hit, which means that with 10k charges I could deal as much as 130k damage with a dragon scimitar without using armor, potions or prayer to boost my hits.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:00:35 am by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Crusher123, Ameer, Jandar, S Clegane

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 04:40:54 pm »
Thomy has said it himself that he's quite busy outside of vacations, so imo we need bigger updates that haven't been done before that have real impact. We can't just keep having smaller updates and hope that those pesky little 7 year olds join the server once the GE system has been explained to them by a gardengnome-npc.

Who's to say we dont have 100 unique daily logins by the time some of the better updates in here are implemented.

Regards to pkers having to organize an event that lets them pk, well that's abit ridiculous if skillers had to organize an event that allowed them to chop trees you would think that something's not right.

Having pkers organize and event to be able to pk, is like strippers setting a barn on fire because fire depot it the only place they can find poles at.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:14 pm »
Even if Reset happens or not, I think that boosting experience rates would be a healthy addition with some low level bosses, too (like level 80 monster that has unique attacks that can't be prayed against that drops some alchables and just stuff that would help a player to start here). I tried creating a new account today and started playing for 5 hours straight. For 3 hours I was grinding my combat stats to at least 60 strength and attack while doing slayer and collecting all the drops that were 5k+ just to buy new gear. It wasn't fun. I think that to actually keep players, you should return the 88 xp + double xp at the start OR add a new minigame with new rewards that you can access by going behind the barbarian village and using the trapdoor there that originally led to the jail in RS3 and would lead to the Barbarian Assault minigame room and arena where you'd have to fight monsters that scale with your level and would get considerably higher at levels 70+ with rewards worth your time.

AND A RUNECRAFTING REWORK! Seriously, Runecrafting's a gathering skill where you craft runes, but the experience is slow and you actually lose money until double death runes, where you only make 28k per inventory.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 05:54:26 pm »
Even if Reset happens or not, I think that boosting experience rates would be a healthy addition with some low level bosses, too (like level 80 monster that has unique attacks that can't be prayed against that drops some alchables and just stuff that would help a player to start here). I tried creating a new account today and started playing for 5 hours straight. For 3 hours I was grinding my combat stats to at least 60 strength and attack while doing slayer and collecting all the drops that were 5k+ just to buy new gear. It wasn't fun. I think that to actually keep players, you should return the 88 xp + double xp at the start OR add a new minigame with new rewards that you can access by going behind the barbarian village and using the trapdoor there that originally led to the jail in RS3 and would lead to the Barbarian Assault minigame room and arena where you'd have to fight monsters that scale with your level and would get considerably higher at levels 70+ with rewards worth your time.

AND A RUNECRAFTING REWORK! Seriously, Runecrafting's a gathering skill where you craft runes, but the experience is slow and you actually lose money until double death runes, where you only make 28k per inventory.

But RC is like the fastest skill in the game :notlikethis:
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 07:06:56 pm »
As for referral system maybe there could be refer-a-friend bonus xp? This could work both ways. (Also would probably be an option for voting rewards)
Once the referred player reaches 500 total level both parties gets a certain amount of bonus XP. For example that would be 500k XP so for 500k xp the experience is doubled.
I was kind of hesitant to suggest bonus/double exp for refer a friend. This wouldn't be too bad of a way of doing it though. I'd rather have it be time than a certain amount of exp, that'll push activity more rather than just storing bonus exp.

For further rewards if someone manages to actually refer a lot of players you could just spawn any one item the player desires.
The only way for me to get a bow-sword lmao. I'm against this, it would provide far too much of a reward. If you make the rewards too good you'll give people more incentive to boost for them. Not to mention that this would require Thomy to spawn things.

Something untradable would be okay.

If this ever comes world 2 could be used for this perhaps? Developing a whole new game that heavily focuses to PKing; a lot faster XP rates, make Edgeville the mainhub, move all shops to Edgeville, add medium level items to shops, make Barrows equipment more easily obtainable, removing PvP items completely and perhaps add them to a donator store, pk shop with strong armor (3rd age and GWD) and special attack weapons. Adding all medium level skilling supplies to a shop but high level food, pots etc... would still have to be obtained through skilling.

That is a very radical idea and would basically be developing a completely whole new game though^
Splitting up the already small community is something we should not do. Both worlds will hurt eachother's economy, swapping will also be a problem. This could very easily kill the game off; it should not be done.
If someone actually manages to refer a lot of players giving them an item they desire is not a bad move at all. A lot of people would most likely go for a very unique item that none else has to stand out from the mass and that reward is very easy to implement.

As for the swapping; it won't be a problem because it could be allowed. We could even have middlemen doing it so players wouldn't get scammed if it gets going and there's demand for it.
I do not see any reasons why it would be prohibited. You're essentially just making a trade but it's between two games that are both Emps. It's same as someone would host a massive drop party with lots of items, same impact to the economy.

All this except for the refer-a-friend rewards is very far fetched still though.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:09:02 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, S Clegane

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 07:12:13 pm »
Old Emps scape graphics, and remove all these PVP items, and the other customs + More features of PVP, more ranks ingame, Exp weekend

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 07:24:53 pm »

But RC is like the fastest skill in the game :notlikethis:

It took me 1.8k essence to get to level 44. Every skill is fast with double exp scrolls :p

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 11:33:03 pm »
to me it feels like switching to oldschool is a high risk/reward, currently players are already leaving and the server is slowly dying. Maybe a drastic change would turn it back on it's feet. Pretty sure a lot of old players would return for old emps and bring their friends with them myself included.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 04:10:19 am »
Old Emps scape graphics, and remove all these PVP items, and the other customs + More features of PVP, more ranks ingame, Exp weekend
Please - don't bring exp weekends ffs. Would just ruin the fun of getting 99s/250M exp even more.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 08:51:19 am »

Why not use the same method again ?
IMO it should've done the same way with the oldies you guys have released instead of just giving it to random players,
from my own experience with one of the auctions (well the only one ) that martin hosted, Martin managed to get rid of 6b ( 4-4.5b in cash and 1.5b in items ) just for one lantern
eventho the way he hosted it was a bit strange, that whatever you offer for it gets removed so this point can be changed to the highest offer gets removed.

some people are still ready to offer up to 5b for 1 oldie ( eventho 4 are in game, so you might add another 2b if its 1 ing item )
however we will keep it at 5b
a good start IMO to buy some items and return that cash to the community ( a something i've been suggesting for years already, replacing 200 items with 1 item )

Some of the cash that are in accounts that were banned recently for RWTing ( which according to martin will never be unbanned ) then why not using part of that cash as it is around 30b or 40b in cash. <-- you might not heard about it tho

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline M4ul K0ed

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:59 am »
When a person decides to start playing a game, any game in that matter, what is his GOAL? It's simple, it's to have FUN.

If a person joins Emps-World, then in which way he can have fun?
Pking - doesn't exist pretty much, and with the economy right now, dh set is as expensive as and AGS, WTF? DH pking is the main form of main pking, and if a set costs 20m + supplies and other parts of the gear, you are looking at 25m risk, thats wayyyy too much for casual pking gear set. And pking AGS used to be a big thing, whether you smite it or manage to dscim spec someone. Right now it seems casual as it is as much as DH set.
Skilling/pvming - pretty much a solo grind, you will only start to make money if you get into higher levels and devote A LOT of time. But is it really worth it? Is it fun?
Minigames - I'm not sure what are the rewards right now, but it used to be Void etc. Rewards have to be something that help you advance in-game, not some fancy-smancy skirt or hat that, honestly, no one gives 0 f#&s about.
EP - you can color your items, WHO CARES? Make the rewards something that actually help you advance in the game and are useful.

What I'm trying to get here is that the content right now is not appealing at all, it is a private server for christ sake, people don't come here to grind their tits off, it is all about evolving while having fun and right now it is soo limited.
The following users liked this post: Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 10:53:37 am »
Please - don't bring exp weekends ffs. Would just ruin the fun of getting 99s/250M exp even more.

Exp weekends gave people to reason to play on both, weekends and weekdays. You trained skills on weekends and collected supplies and made money for the next weekend on weekdays. Now people have access to UNLIMITED double xp in the form of dxp tickets. The double xp weekends actually LIMITED the number of hours people could train on dxp.

Dxp tickets for EP wasnt a bad system either. It made people log in every day to at least complete their daily task. Now instead of ppl playing 7 days a week, they play 7 days a year cuz there's no motivation to log in anymore lul.

There was never any fun in training 99s. That's why none of you have spent 200-400 on 99 rc in osrs, and that's why you play a private server instead and fucking beg it to become an easier copy of osrs.
The following users liked this post: Ameer, S Clegane

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 01:37:27 pm »
Thanks for the feedback so far! I've read through all of your replies and found quite some contrary opinions.

I do realize that a global account / economy reset could work out, but I'm pretty sure that this is just going to make the game even less popular. We're not just going to reset the game, because something isn't working out. Some people have put years of work into their accounts. I won't just wipe out the account database (we have backups :kappa:).

I've also identified many suggestions that would make the game more appealing, simplify things or just make certain processes easier. However, I don't feel like changing tiny bits of the game will change the fact that we're still lacking players.

Alright then... I've thought quite a while about this and also hesitated posting a screenshot like this, but I'll give it a go anyway: Oldschool Emps-World. This would replace world 2 and be a new realm with new stats, items and spawns. The only thing that you'd share would be the friends list and account name. I've tried to load osrs data into the emps client to see what it would look like and it didn't turn out too bad:

If I continue this project, it'd mean that I have to COMPLETELY rework the game. Meaning all items, animations, interactions, etc. have to be completely rewritten. It'd be by far the largest project I've ever worked on. If I give this project a go, it would happen in small and incremental patches.

Sooo.... thoughts on this? It'd double the work for me, because I have to maintain 2 realms.
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Jp, Skill0wzer, Il Skill L, Drugs, Iownu5xbetr, Zudikas95187, Tomtim1, Junkz, S Clegane
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12