The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Emps world cc
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:38:25 pm »
The cc is known to be a cesspool of flamers, ragers, failing merchants and people that are genuinely rude to one another. Wanted to bring up a discussion about it since it seems to have gone a bit out of control.

I'll let Obi-wan describe it in further detail:

As it is our only 'official' cc, most people tend to gather in this cc specifically. As far as I know, new players also get put in this cc as well. I really think this is a bad idea as the chat often emits the worst side of our community. It's not uncommon for people to publicly break the rules inside the cc. People attempting to rwt or trade accounts aren't a rare sight. If people end up getting frustrated due to losing their items or experiencing bugs they also tend to take it out in the cc. Fake drop parties occur every other hour as well.

This doesn't make emps world cc a very good place to ask for help. Which is something new players actually need considering our server is more than a home at edgeville, a row of npc shops and teleports to every location imaginable. Showing them the somewhat helpful side of the community right away might also have a positive effect on them.

There's a glaring lack of staff in the cc, and frankly I can't blame anyone for it at all. I never wanted to stay in emps world cc either as I'd need to soak my eyeballs in bleach after being in there for a while. It's not suprising we no longer have specific rules for the cc.

We used to have new people put in a cc called 'assistance', this is where I spent most of my time. A certain staff member that I won't name thought it was a good idea to remove this cc in the past. The reason for this was because 'there were never any staff or experienced players in this cc except for one or two people'. In my opinion this was a bad move, sending a few staff members/experienced players into the cc would've been way smarter.

I wouldn't think disbanding emps world cc is a bad idea. I'd also like to see assistance cc return. It might also be time to finally update the clan chat itself so that people have a better time creating and maintaining a clan.

Discuss.
;
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Ranger 0wns, Tomtim1

Online Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
Re: Emps world cc
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:07:08 pm »
I agree with you,  emps world cc is very annoying, and bringing back the assistance cc is a good idea.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 05:19:56 pm »
Blame staff

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 06:30:07 pm »
I do spend a fair amount of time in the Emps-World cc, granted I don't always actively chat in it but I do often keep an eye on things.

I agree that new players should be thrown into a different CC other than the Emps-World one. At times the CC can be extremely toxic and it doesn't give a good impression for first time players. I'm not disputing the fact that the Emps-World CC can actually be a friendly place, but all it takes is for two people to clash and then a shitstorm ensues.
Reintroducing the Assistance clan-chat is a good idea, but this does not combat the fact that the main clan chat, at times, can be a god awful place. It simply hides the issue from new players. However I do agree it should be brought back.

It would be a nice feature if staff could assign ranks to the CC and allow certain trusted players to be able to kick from the Emps-World CC.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Tomtim1, Skymaster100, Reporter007

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:15:50 pm »
Assistance cc was removed due to lack of new players and staff/experienced player presence. After Charr left this chat became abandoned and I'm pretty sure I was the only one visiting it.

I wouldn't mind if it returned, however we need presence in that chat. I'm not willing to take that responsibility to myself again and just Charr is not enough.

I also agree with Cjkinsey6 on Emps-World (aka Thomy) cc. It only takes a couple of people to ruin it, which is why moderation has had no effect on the toxicity levels. This won't change if it stays as a central cc. On the other hand, I don't want to disband it. It's important for a small playerbase to stay connected and that's what this chat does.
The following users liked this post: Cjkinsey6

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 07:23:46 pm »
I agree bringing this CC back. (I never knew this kind of CC existed in the past.)

The only reason why I am in Emps-CC is to see if someone needs info that is not in the wiki or needs help/advice, I will give him/her a hand.

Assistance CC would be something I was rather looking for.

The following users liked this post: Pk Range99

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 08:00:22 pm »
Make players start at the Assistance CC, and after reaching a certain total/combat level move them to emps-world cc.

Experienced players probably know how to switch clans so if they ever feel like helping newbies they can switch manually to the assistance cc.

If the assistance cc is brought back I will be there for as long as I'm online.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:02:47 pm »
Reintroducing the Assistance clan-chat is a good idea, but this does not combat the fact that the main clan chat, at times, can be a god awful place. It simply hides the issue from new players. However I do agree it should be brought back.
What do you think of disbanding emps world cc and leaving people to create their own clans?

It would be a nice feature if staff could assign ranks to the CC and allow certain trusted players to be able to kick from the Emps-World CC.
I don't think this will be too useful, it's better than nothing I suppose. Would rather see a rank below player mod that would have the ability to take care of stuff like this, but that's Martin's business not mine.

I'd rather see the cc disbanded entirely though.
;

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 08:17:44 pm »
If they're not active enough to run / keep order in 1 clan chat, what makes you think they will do that in 2 ' Big ' clans ing ?

IMO it should stay the way it is atm, people have a lot of fights in Emps-world cc however sometimes they might be helpful
unless you find a way to encourage helpful players to join the new cc and actually waste their time helping a new players without having the ability to chat with their friends, then it should stay like this.

a proper CC system that allows some trusted / no lifers ing to take care of the problems the second it starts, to have the ability to kick players from cc ( ofc since they're not staff members it has a higher chance of being abused so a reason and a proof should be added somewhere, similar to proof galleries to avoid it from being abused or at least reduce the amount of it )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 08:28:47 pm »
What do you think of disbanding emps world cc and leaving people to create their own clans?

Weren't you bashing Bigdicks being the most active clan with whopping maximum of 4 players in the CC at one time? Yes, that'll sure work.

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 08:57:15 pm »

The people who are interested in running/maintaining their own clans are already doing so. If the Emps-World CC is disbanded, someone will just make a General clanchat for everyone to join and it'll be exactly the same.
I like the idea of the whole community being connected and able to talk freely, you can have some interesting conversations with players who you would normally never speak to. Just because there's a few toxic players spoiling things briefly doesn't mean the entire chat should be removed.

I don't think this will be too useful, it's better than nothing I suppose. Would rather see a rank below player mod that would have the ability to take care of stuff like this, but that's Martin's business not mine.
I'd rather see the cc disbanded entirely though.
See above on my reason why I like the cc and do not want it disbanded.
If clan chat ranks were introduced, a few players could be given the power to kick players from the clan chat, the same as staff members can. Kicking a player only temporarily removes them from the chat (its a minute long ban from the cc?) so its not a huge deal if it gets abused, however the abuser would obviously lose their rank. Any rule breakers in the cc can be removed until a member of staff is made aware of what is happening and can intervene.

Weren't you bashing Bigdicks being the most active clan with whopping maximum of 4 players in the CC at one time? Yes, that'll sure work.

bigdicks4life
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:26 pm »
If they're not active enough to run / keep order in 1 clan chat, what makes you think they will do that in 2 ' Big ' clans ing ?
I'd say staff inactivity isn't the main reason that the cc goes unmanaged, it's the fact that the cc is so bloody toxic at times. Thought I had also mentioned that I wouldn't mind it if the emps world cc was disbanded, meaning they'd only have one cc to manage. This cc would probably be easier to manage as well, since newer players tend to be less salty.

Given that Bigdicks is an ironman clan and they're not actively recruiting for new members, it's quite logical that they don't have a very active chat. Clans like bounce and united didn't have trouble with activity in the past at all. It can work, I'm not saying it will.

Even if the majority of people that sit in emps world cc normally just ends up not being in a clan, I'd consider that more successful than the mess emps world cc is now.
;

Offline Angila Joli

• Liked: 371 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 10:40:57 pm »
"as far as I know new players also get put in this cc,I really think this is a bad idea as the chat often emits the worst side of our community ",I agree on this one .
"people attempting to rwt or trade accounts aren't a rare sight " we always have rule breakers and we know how to deal with them it doesn't matter if it's rwt or other.
"if people end up getting frustrated due to losing their items or experiencing bugs they also tend to take it out in the cc"  people will keep complaining even if it was their own fault,also sometimes they tend to use offensive language and insult others for no reason.
"fake drop parties occur every other hour as well ",we always get reports  about fake drop parties , there's nothing we can do to prevent this from happening.
"there's a glaring lack of staff members in the cc", I totally disagree with you , I'm always there for help and other staff members as well , and we're doing our best to stay active over there.
"there were never any staff or experienced players in the cc except for one or two people ",I was there the whole time for help even before my promotion, I used to to get there daily for hours in order to help others .
" I'd also to see assistance cc return ", it would be great if we can have it back, I got asked about it numerous times, it was unacceptable able for some of players , it's a good thing imo to have it back so new players can ask questions ,I've seen many new players in "emps world" cc asking questions without getting answers from players in the cc, so  I hope to see "assistance " alive once again.
"don't judge a book by its cover "

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 07:57:24 am »
I havent notice problem with the cc. Only toxic people i ever see there is me.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 09:50:19 am »
I'd say staff inactivity isn't the main reason that the cc goes unmanaged, it's the fact that the cc is so bloody toxic at times. Thought I had also mentioned that I wouldn't mind it if the emps world cc was disbanded, meaning they'd only have one cc to manage. This cc would probably be easier to manage as well, since newer players tend to be less salty.

Given that Bigdicks is an ironman clan and they're not actively recruiting for new members, it's quite logical that they don't have a very active chat. Clans like bounce and united didn't have trouble with activity in the past at all. It can work, I'm not saying it will.

Even if the majority of people that sit in emps world cc normally just ends up not being in a clan, I'd consider that more successful than the mess emps world cc is now.

Bounce was a hellhole. Sure it was active, but it wasn't moderated like the official CCs are.
Pages: 1 2