The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Best Ever In

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Emps Scape/World is dead
« on: October 13, 2016, 11:52:17 am »
Hello boys,

I am and oldschool Emps player and I just wanted to say that this server is dead... Seems like Thomy is trying way to hard, like GE, wings and other new shit. I understand he/we want more players, but for example me and some other players left because of these new updates/graphics.
PvP is completely dead, corrupt armour is so op against pures. GE is shit, I used to like standing in fally and selling my shit much more. So pretty much what I\m trying to say that I/we dont want new shit. I want old Emps-Scape. *removed*

So tell me your opinion, what do you want, did you like old game more?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:40:14 pm by Magecrune »

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Emps Scape/World is dead
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:46:15 pm »
If corrupt armour is op, make a feedback thread and if everybody agrees, they will be adjusted.
Why do you dislike GE? It's very convenient for both selling and buying items. You could always just stand in GE, if you don't want to use it.

Old Emps will never return. We will not revert back to older graphics. This is not the reason why we have a lower playerbase ;) If you really think otherwise, you're just blinded by your own nostalgia.

I prefer the current version. Runs much more smoothly and is less buggy. Content-wise it's better as well.
The following users liked this post: Nunca Vai

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 01:57:50 pm »
Short and sweet

1) people dont suggest shit regards pking, but constantly expect new updates (newsflash crying in wilderness to your mates dont work)
2) Grand exchange probably one of the best updates this server ever had, you can still sell your shit the old way - fact that its harder now shows how efficent GE is
3) Old/New is a dead end argument, probably one of the biggest reasons people who dont suggest shit is that they hide behind the argument
4) Yes the server is "dying" but I can always see from these threads that there are people who want to continue playing, but go back to the old routine of crying and not suggesting shit
5) If the server is dying why cant Thomy just update it however he likes, more challenging code etc - you expect Thomy to save this server in a heartbeat but thats not always how shit works
6) Majority of people who cry blame it on new updates, the reason behind crying is the fact that we lost players; newsflash people who quit also suggested updates that we currently have ingame- they just quit because of other reasons

Theres loads of players who simply quit, and not because of updates and you cant do shit about it

Wasnt that short and sweet afterall but its time to accept the direction this server is headed and make the most of it
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:32:01 am »
Thomy is doing a great job at keeping the game relevant and entertaining. The simple truth is rsps's in general are slowly fading away since the release of 07 and the fact that the generation that played the game have simply grown out of it. Like it or not it is what it is.

Just thought I'd add this but here's the stats for "runescape private server" searches on google trends.

VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

The following users liked this post: Thomy, Icedrags, Hugo Terwiss, Just Humen, 66destroyer3, Magecrune

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:34:56 am »
Thomy is doing a great job at keeping the game relevant and entertaining. The simple truth is rsps's in general are slowly fading away since the release of 07 and the fact that the generation that played the game have simply grown out of it. Like it or not it is what it is.

Just thought I'd add this but here's the stats for "runescape private server" searches on google trends.

People who play private servers are usually the ones who didn't want to spend money on membership but now they're all older and €5 a month isn't hard to come by

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 09:39:14 am »

People who play private servers are usually the ones who didn't want to spend money on membership but now they're all older and €5 a month isn't hard to come by

And bonds also exist, making people able to pay for membership with in-game GP.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 11:21:02 am »

And bonds also exist, making people able to pay for membership with in-game GP.
And osrs gp is cheaper to buy then emps gp
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Cjkinsey6

Offline Happy

• Liked: 7 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 03:45:57 pm »
Yeah this game is dead , there was alot of shit added that changed the game too much , GE was the stupidiest idea ever , wings were a shit idea , random armor , graphics updates , Gods swords are not what they used to be , i remember when everybody wanted gs but not everybody had enough money to afford , Santa hat (the og) is  500k like wtf ... game died , like srsly. Its not because people grew out of it , its mostly because the moderators of different RS servers change too much, adding new random shit that nobody realy wants or need , like GE, Corrupt armor , wings and all that shit , all people needed in emps comunity were more skills yet you added random shit ... and this community will never grow... thats why so many people left and are not coming back...

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 05:55:58 pm »
Yeah this game is dead , there was alot of shit added that changed the game too much , GE was the stupidiest idea ever , wings were a shit idea , random armor , graphics updates , Gods swords are not what they used to be , i remember when everybody wanted gs but not everybody had enough money to afford , Santa hat (the og) is  500k like wtf ... game died , like srsly. Its not because people grew out of it , its mostly because the moderators of different RS servers change too much, adding new random shit that nobody realy wants or need , like GE, Corrupt armor , wings and all that shit , all people needed in emps comunity were more skills yet you added random shit ... and this community will never grow... thats why so many people left and are not coming back...
What if I told you we had wings like 5 years ago ???
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »
- Everything that's in game now was suggested or voted upon by the community
- Ge is in no way "the stupidiest idea ever", it's the same thing as standing there and spamming your autotyper, except you don't have to stand and make no progress for three hours.
- Godswords are cheap because of stakes hoarding massive amounts of them, then selling them all at once.

People need to educate themselves ffs
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:13:44 pm by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 07:08:17 pm »

I miss dem days when Black and white wings were released

Also everything that's in game now was suggested or voted upon by the community

Nop

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 07:14:41 pm »

I miss dem days when Black and white wings were released

Also everything that's in game now was suggested or voted upon by the community

Nop

People voted for Ge, for vesta/etc way back ???

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 07:18:28 pm »

Suggested or voted upon by the 10 players who check the suggestions and ideas section

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 09:47:17 pm »

Suggested or voted upon by the 10 players who check the suggestions and ideas section
Cant really complain if youre not taking part of anything and then cry later, I suggested awhile back for Thomy to be more active but even majority of that goes to deaf ears
Also people who vote for shit are ones who try to balance new items etc, not the ones who dont take apart of anything and only complain later

But its true, how can you tell what majority wants, if majority doesnt want to share their thoughts ; , ;

It happens to be that community is split in two, 1 half came back to new server with new ideas and thoughts and are willingly to suggest them, and the other half expect no change whatsoever and dont take part in anything
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Skelon

Offline Pker Bro X4

• +0/-0
  • Like-ah-sum-boo-dee!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 09:54:48 pm »
Maybe because the majority of the core group who always suck each others balls(the rich, the old, the staff, the Mr. Know-it-alls) in this game are assholes. No one wants to play in a toxic community. Pretty easy to tell this community isn't the friendliest, just watch how people interact at GE or in wildy or...OR...explore the forums. lol
Pages: 1 2