The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lucje

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Economy is fucked up.
« on: November 01, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »
It isn't possible to get by this economy. It is possible but it isn't fun anymore, all the boring money making things etc its not fun anymore! Prove me wrong
The following users liked this post: Tulrak, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Economy is fucked up.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 01:34:04 pm »
You say boring money making methods aren't fun anymore, if they weren't fun to begin with what's the problem then?
Jokes aside though. Would be greatly appreciated if you expand a bit, what's problematic and how is it problematic?

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 02:59:36 pm »
I'd say that the biggest problem is that you don't need any money because after a few months of playing you'll have a complete bank with all the items that anyone would ever need and that will never be lost.

Secondly I think that minigame rewards should be superior to pvm drops. I just compared Saradomin katana and Demon halberd and it seems like the only thing Saradomin katana has going for it is lifesteal, whereas Demon halberd is more powerful, has more charges and can be repaired. I believe that any two of those should be nerfed. Presumably the same should be done to other similar pvm drops.
Another thing to consider would be to always have the most powerful items for every combat style be something that has charges, can't be repaired for coins and disappears when charges run out, otherwise we'll just continue to run into the situation where every pvmer has the top tier equipment and has no need for any more money or items.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Danielshapz, S Clegane, Ironsuomi

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 03:20:28 pm »
Another thing to consider would be to always have the most powerful items for every combat style be something that has charges, can't be repaired for coins and disappears when charges run out, otherwise we'll just continue to run into the situation where every pvmer has the top tier equipment and has no need for any more money or items.
Could be done to Nex armour and make them a bit more common as a drop + add more charges in return I suppose. Once equipped the item becomes untradeable. If dyed and the item reaches 0% charges you'd get the dye back.
For weapons that concept is pretty bad imho as you still wanna use those weapons to get the armour that degreade into nothing. Repairing with gp works fine for them.

Edit. Also why it works for armour is because you'd probably ask yourself "Do I want to use this/waste charges to complete a slayer task?" You'd probably want to stick with lower level armour on regular slayer and use the better degrade-into-nothing armour at bosses only.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 03:53:43 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Muka

Offline Metalinis

• Liked: 38 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 06:45:04 pm »
Lets make more items worth around 2-4mill, and we can call this game 3millscape
The following users liked this post: Game Wiki

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 07:11:44 pm »
Lets make more items worth around 2-4mill, and we can call this game 3millscape
what.
If by that you mean the update where all bosses were made into group bosses, then it's because so that a lot more items would be accessible to lower levels.

Could be done to Nex armour and make them a bit more common as a drop + add more charges in return I suppose. Once equipped the item becomes untradeable. If dyed and the item reaches 0% charges you'd get the dye back.
For weapons that concept is pretty bad imho as you still wanna use those weapons to get the armour that degreade into nothing. Repairing with gp works fine for them.

Edit. Also why it works for armour is because you'd probably ask yourself "Do I want to use this/waste charges to complete a slayer task?" You'd probably want to stick with lower level armour on regular slayer and use the better degrade-into-nothing armour at bosses only.
The main problem with the economy at the moment is the crisis of basic things and low level gear, not the end game equipment, so you completely missed the point. And there is not enough nex gear as it is at the moment.

However, there are too many demon weapons in game, especially the melee ones, which could be solved by a simple drop rate nerf.

another point
While i do agree that the group bossing update was good for the community overall, i'm not so sure about its influence to the economy, because if any one of the players now needs an item, they can just go pvm it themselves instead of buying it. Which leaves the economy at a point where it's impossible to sell anything.

There is too much supply and too little demand at the moment.

EDIT: Mind the language in your title next time and people might take you a little more seriously.

EDIT #2:
Skilling supplies
Add a boss something along the lines of raids and such, so that the skills that are mostly useless would have some uses in the end game stages.

Perhaps where you enter a raid without any supplies or armor with a team and have to gather everything yourselves in order to kill the final boss. That could be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 07:35:18 pm by Loop »

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 12:39:02 pm »
Scape games, regardless of RSPS or not, were always grind based which means for anything you do grind certain amount of time to achieve something(staking excluded, since if you win all the time, you make bank easily). What destroys economy in my eyes is plain staker who buys items for average or high price, gets bank high in cash and sells those items below average price which makes up for merchers huge profit and leaves other money making methods to be considered poor, according to gp/h wise.

Off-topic: Closing Duel Arena won't solve this issue but tax in it for staking items would probably do the trick. Not sure who but it was suggested before it can be planned in future as well for economy purposes.

As for pure money making methods. Boy, where should I begin with... Right before double exp weekend came out - bow strings, magic logs, dragonhides, raw mantas, metal bars and probably, rune ess had such high demand I don't know where to start... To get by economy just watch what's in demand, has stable price (around 5k gp difference or so per item) and start gathering. Players are becoming aware of expensive items and doesn't want to gather things nowadays, majority of player is skipping what made them money in first place. For example, take Rune ess. You can make up to 8M/h consistently if doing it right and with certain items which you can find in wiki. Another one is vial of water. Suggestion just came out to adding it to Aquanite drop table but I bet it won't change price of it a lot if quantity will be around 10 - 20 noted per drop. So, buying from general store costs 1gp, filling at someone's house where bank and sink is close to each other. with this process it is also possible to make 8M/h. Not sure about other beginner methods but flax picking isn't bad either, probably 10M/h can be made (not sure of profit, since prices varies). But these are only beginner methods where players at 3 level can start(by 3 level I mean, right after the tutorial island finish) Then again, it depends on players who buy them as well. You just gotta keep watching prices and stay tuned. Gotta have your favourite method of making money.

I am not best at proving facts but you CAN get around this economy as long as it has player base in it that actively uses marketing.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 01:04:51 pm »
You suck at the game. Boom. Proved you wrong.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Ralphe10, Hi Im Ethan, Tulrak

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:44:10 pm »
lol just reset eco xdxdxdxdxd

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 06:01:18 pm »
Economy is perfect for newer players to get into this server, group bossing also promotes them inviting their friends to play if they can't boss with anyone else.
If you're worried about the price of mid tier items 100 years into the existence of this server then you need to find better ingame goals.

May I suggest pking so you completely lose your mind and develop suicidal tendencies to get your mind off whips being 3m.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1