The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Construction exp rates
« on: March 09, 2017, 05:22:32 pm »
I've talked to some staff members recently, they told me that they have been testing construction in their test world with x8
exp rates from osrs, which would make 52-99 construction here cost around 11.5k mahoganies(not including dxp and membership), that is if we use the same method that is used there (mahogany tables).

This is not set in stone, but it might give you a general idea for how much planks you need.

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
Re: Construction exp rates
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:39:14 pm »
Well I have collected 25k mahogany planks already, that should be enough then  ::)
Although to add to this post, nothing is confirmed and as Charr mentioned Thomy can still change the exp rates x8 was just general idea.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:05:24 am by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 08:35:01 am »
did you include the 10% member bonus in your calculations?
#exkneesocks

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 09:52:47 am »
I've talked to some staff members recently, they told me that they have been testing construction in their test world with x8
exp rates from osrs, which would make 52-99 construction here cost around 11.5k mahoganies(not including dxp and membership), that is if we use the same method that is used there (mahogany tables).

This is not set in stone, but it might give you a general idea for how much planks you need.

did you include the 10% member bonus in your calculations?

I think he did not ;)

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:46:48 am »
Idk if we should really have a possible easy skill I guess

I don't know how we train this skill tbh, never played rs before so I don't know the distance between the bank and the house or w.e you'll be doing to train it

anyway

I might be mistaken
however as I've read here, xp rates is at x8 ( which means it is 1120 per plank, add to that 10% for being a member we end with 1232 per plank ) I am talking about mahogany ^
you might need around 10mil xp from 80 or 70 idk when you'll be able to start using mahogany planks,
that results on, 10,000,000 / 1232 = 8117 planks
using scroll of double xp, = 4059 planks
a possible brawling gloves , 5411
Double xp , 2706

Lets say you'll be able to have max of 24 planks in your inv, that results on 170 run ( average of 2 mins per run ) we end with 340mins, around 6 hours skill ( that's only with double xp on )
with brawling gloves + double xp, 112 run, again we end with 224 min ( 4 hours skill )

I might be mistaken somewhere, it would be great if someone can correct me ( ignore any grammar mistakes I am sure you'll find plenty I meant correct my calculation only ;) )

and if someone can explain to me how the skill works, I'll appreciate it

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
Double xp , 2706
You've calculated double exp twice

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:34:12 am »
Double xp , 2706

Second Double xp includes brawling gloves,

Xp of mahogany ( x8, with the additional 10% of membership ) - 1232
Brawling gloves - 1848
Brawling gloves + Double xp = 3696
10,000,000 / 3696 = 2706

??? ???

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:41:40 am »
But chopping logs and making planks is part of the skill too, no way it's a 4h skill if you put 15h+ into making planks

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 11:47:25 am »
Double xp , 2706

Second Double xp includes brawling gloves,

Xp of mahogany ( x8, with the additional 10% of membership ) - 1232
Brawling gloves - 1848
Brawling gloves + Double xp = 3696
10,000,000 / 3696 = 2706

??? ???
Sorry, I just got lost in your chaos of unnecessary calculations.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
But chopping logs and making planks is part of the skill too, no way it's a 4h skill if you put 15h+ into making planks

I actually forgot about this part of the skill,
however if I am not mistaken, making plank spell is supposed to be changed after the skill comes out to turn the whole inv into planks ( might works with the rest as well instead of regular logs only )

IF this happens ^ , I am sure you don't need 15 hours to cut 5k mahogany logs and turn em into planks as you'll be able to cut that time by pressing the spell while running towards bank, last time I actually tried to cut some trees, 2 years ago or something
however I am sure it won't take more than 2 mins to fill up a whole inv and run back to bank and go back to get your second inv ready, that's another possible 5 hours or 6 hours added
so you still end up with a skill that you can train to 99 from scratch within 24 hours

If Thomy decided to keep the spell as it is, yet you're still less than 15 hours combined with the cutting and turning into planks
could be much less if you decides to cut / turn logs into planks using 2 accounts which is something optionally to speed up everything

I've expected a much harder skill that will keep people ing for some time before they end with 99 and start to wait for the other skill ( which I completely forgot the name of )

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 12:07:07 pm »
Frankly I don't think the skill should be as easy as it would be if it is released with the x8 multiplier, x8 is great for most skills, but since construction is considered to be one of the easiest skills on rs I think we should go with x2 or x3.
For those of you who didn't play osrs, construction is considered to be 700k xp per hour(starting from lvl 52), if we have the same method of training with x8 it would mean lvls 52-99 would be achieved in 2-3 hours, not to mention it's a really rewarding skill so making it easy will likely hurt the economy(bones,edge teles...).

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 01:13:51 pm »
The multiplier shouldn't be lowered just because players would max it way too fast. It will be done anyway, no matter what the multiplier is.
You can already max most skills in 24 hours (for each skill). Getting 99s has always been easy.

Your proposed lower multiplier would just ruin the balance between skills, especially when it comes to long-term skilling (200/250m xp goals).
With member bonus it already takes 192343 mahogany planks to get from 99 to 250m construction (96172 planks if you use double xp as well), so it already is a great material sink.
Cash is also sinked via sawmill, butler fees (if we have them) etc. Also building things like gilded altars, which aren't part of powerlevelling but still quite an integral reason for construction's existence, sink quite a lot of cash.

Also as far as "make plank" spell is concerned, its rework is not required (except making it work on oaks, teaks and mahoganies as well). I'm quite fine with it making 1 plank per cast, since it takes about ~38 seconds to make a full trip to sawmill with 26 logs.
Currently you make up to 2.5k planks per hour via sawmill (my average was like 2463 planks/h). As I've made 30k logs into planks already, I can say it's not that bad.
Since you guys think it's way too fast, this should be a point, where we restrain our need for comfort by not implementing full-inventory "make plank" spell. This way sawmill stays as an essential part of the skill, which would turn plank making into a very profitable money making method (richer players are too lazy for manual labour, so they'd gladly buy the planks directly).

Ameer also mentioned Brawlings gloves: I don't think this skill should have these. Considering the current plan for xp rates, I'd follow fletching's and crafting's lead in not having major xp boosts.
Of course we could have exactly the opposite by having lower multipliers, but compensating it with multiple items that can boost the xp, resulting in the need of less materials (this should be done to RC atm). However, I can't think of any proper places to place these xp boosting rewards. There's no such minigame that would fit with the skill.

In my opinion, the 8x multiplier is perfectly fine, especially if you consider how much materials, cash and time you need.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, Iron Corne

Offline Ameer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 01:52:45 pm »
The multiplier shouldn't be lowered just because players would max it way too fast. It will be done anyway, no matter what the multiplier is.
You can already max most skills in 24 hours (for each skill). Getting 99s has always been easy.

Your proposed lower multiplier would just ruin the balance between skills, especially when it comes to long-term skilling (200/250m xp goals).
With member bonus it already takes 192343 mahogany planks to get from 99 to 250m construction (96172 planks if you use double xp as well), so it already is a great material sink.
Cash is also sinked via sawmill, butler fees (if we have them) etc. Also building things like gilded altars, which aren't part of powerlevelling but still quite an integral reason for construction's existence, sink quite a lot of cash.

Also as far as "make plank" spell is concerned, its rework is not required (except making it work on oaks, teaks and mahoganies as well). I'm quite fine with it making 1 plank per cast, since it takes about ~38 seconds to make a full trip to sawmill with 26 logs.
Currently you make up to 2.5k planks per hour via sawmill (my average was like 2463 planks/h). As I've made 30k logs into planks already, I can say it's not that bad.
Since you guys think it's way too fast, this should be a point, where we restrain our need for comfort by not implementing full-inventory "make plank" spell. This way sawmill stays as an essential part of the skill, which would turn plank making into a very profitable money making method (richer players are too lazy for manual labour, so they'd gladly buy the planks directly).

Ameer also mentioned Brawlings gloves: I don't think this skill should have these. Considering the current plan for xp rates, I'd follow fletching's and crafting's lead in not having major xp boosts.
Of course we could have exactly the opposite by having lower multipliers, but compensating it with multiple items that can boost the xp, resulting in the need of less materials (this should be done to RC atm). However, I can't think of any proper places to place these xp boosting rewards. There's no such minigame that would fit with the skill.

In my opinion, the 8x multiplier is perfectly fine, especially if you consider how much materials, cash and time you need.

I didn't really get it, your points all stands on how profitable it is to players and a good way to sink some cash / material and yet refuses to lower the xp rate ?

If I am not mistaken, turning 1mil mahogany will cost more than the 192k you mentioned above, so it will always turns into a better money sink and a lot of lazy rich players will start to pay others to do the job for them which will result the cash to be divided between the players even faster :/

Every skill can be trained to 99 within 24 hours, however since a lot of players are waiting for this skill to come out to play the game again why not make sure that they will stay a lil bit longer this time ?
xp at x8 is way to easy for such a new skill, this might be crazy but I wouldn't even mind training it at x2 ( however if you're planning on getting that 250mil which is 100% optional, then I think you wouldn't even mind x50 as it will always be easier )
I won't do math to prove to you that as it is now, that 90k planks you mentioned with double xp will take you 40 hours to make, which I assure you that for some players it is actually only 2 days to do.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 02:22:47 pm »
My main point was that it already requires tons of supplies and cash (+ time if you're making planks yourself), which is why the current multiplier shouldn't be changed.
The necessity of sawmill and the potential profitability from making planks was just an argument on why I don't want "plank make" spell to work on full inventories.

You're only taking this from an average skiller's standpoint, which is reaching level 99. Level 99 is just about 5.2% of the whole story. People like you keep saying that reaching 200/250m xp is optional, however that's the only endgame content we have.
Of course the multiplier doesn't matter to a mere person, who wants to get ~5.2% of the total xp, however you'd be making the skill unreasonably tiresome for people who actually have higher goals in mind.

Also I like your logic, where an extended duration of grinding equals players staying in game for longer. That's not how it works.
Lack of progress further demotivates people, especially if the actions are so repetitive.
The following users liked this post: Iron Corne

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 03:03:55 pm »
Construction being easy in terms of training is a good design choice and I fully support it. It means the training part does not act as a hurdle for people to get over in order to start building their own house, which is something people don't seem to talk about. You get to have your own house which is a lot of fun, at least that's what I think of it from having done construction on other servers in the past.

The process of leveling up the skill is not where the majority of construction's content is. It's in building a nice and functional house. This is something you can spend hours upon hours doing. Something I rather enjoy about emps is that it's exp rates (at least for most skills) are easy enough to get you to the actual content within a decent amount of time.

We don't know how long the actions (building and removing) will take, we don't know what method we'll get of banking (butlers, a bank inside the house or nothing). We don't know enough to really determine how long the skill will take.

Wish agility, thieving and runecrafting got this kind of attention, their exp rates are terrible.

not to mention it's a really rewarding skill so making it easy will likely hurt the economy(bones,edge teles...).
The bone economy already sort of collapsed when people figured out pest control could give you prayer exp. I think the altar might actually help the bone economy by providing more bang for your buck. It might get more people to actually get 99 over 70, or even go for higher exp.

Edgeville teles would still be useful considering they can be used from anywhere, and the mounted glory can only be used from your house. Barb tele is only a short walk and it's free, yet pkers desperately want edge teles. Given that people pay as much as 10k for one, it's really not something I would worry about.

The necessity of sawmill and the potential profitability from making planks was just an argument on why I don't want "plank make" spell to work on full inventories.
What could be done is make it take just as much gp as the sawmill per plank. This would mean you would pay the rune cost of the spell to avoid walking, which isn't too bad imo.
;
The following users liked this post: Magecrune, Iron Corne
Pages: 1 2 3