The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Construction exp rates
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2017, 07:18:19 pm »
But those are only supplies used for grinding. It won't have any effect on the actual content on the game like PvP and PvM. If you want to grind out skills for 20 hours a day, go play runescape. There's absolutely no need to turn Emps into an exact fucking copy of an already existing game.

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2017, 07:28:02 pm »
Mahogany trees don't have to be the only source of logs, That's half of my point, adding new monsters needs a droptable attractive enough to motivate players to kill them, some monsters (kq for example) need a buff to their drop table, making them a good source of mahoganies is a solution to your grind problem and it would motivate players to kill these monsters again.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2017, 08:24:25 pm »
Look carefully at both of your examples, frostdragon bones are 50k ea at the moment which means burrying 6.3k would cost you 300m, and 6.3k would get you 11m xp (before bonuses). as for construction if we get the same features as osrs we would be able to get 5.6m xp per hour with 5k mahoganies which are being sold now(current price will go down with time after the hype) for 5k ea, that's 25m.

As for the crafting, it actually takes more than 30 seconds to turn an inventory of uncuts into boltips, also getting 3k uncut dragonstones is requires a lot of time since it's not very common, and still construction with dxp would get you 12m
xp per hour for 25m which is less than the amount of money you need for 3k uncut dragonstones (32m).

As for firemaking it is not a skill I wish to argue about,since the only thing you get from training it is ashes and the ability to wear a max cape.
Your argument didn't indicate money was of any relevance. I don't think money is of any relevance regardless.
If my calculations are correct stating from level 52 youll be able to train at 5.6m xp per hour, that's just plain stupid in my eyes.
It also completely loses it's relevance if you get the materials yourself, which is exactly what most people are doing for construction. A skill should not be balanced around prices.

That'll be my last reply on this topic though, have better things to do. Feel free to have the last word, it's all yours.
;

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 08:27:47 pm »
If my calculations are correct stating from level 52 youll be able to train at 5.6m xp per hour, that's just plain stupid in my eyes.

Betting my ass you aren't taking the time it takes to cut logs into account.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 08:38:38 pm »

nobody takes into account the time it takes to chop magics for fletching either ???

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Gajeel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 08:48:47 pm »

Smart bet.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2017, 09:25:59 pm »

nobody takes into account the time it takes to chop magics for fletching either ???

Magic logs you can buy in a relatively short time if not instantly, because they are a common drop from high-level monsters and the most popular way of training WC after 99. So even if you take that time into account, it won't affect the XP rates that much.

Mahogany logs on the other hand are far from being the best woodcutting XP in the game and they will only have one use it the future, construction. This means there won't be a lot of them coming into the game unless Thomy decides to go ham on monsters drops. This means buying or gathering them will take ages. Making planks might even result into money loss if nobody buys them, which means making planks can actually be risky after the release hype of construction. You won't have any risk of losing money while spinning flax.

Buying 1k toadflaxes at over 2x the commonly traded price took me 3 weeks so I could get my herblore up 5 levels for 99. Supplies in this game are rare enough as they are, no need to make them even harder to get.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:32:59 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Gajeel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2017, 10:20:52 pm »
Buying 1k toadflaxes at over 2x the commonly traded price took me 3 weeks so I could get my herblore up 5 levels for 99. Supplies in this game are rare enough as they are, no need to make them even harder to get.
If done correctly it can add a lot money sinking, plank make spell can be a good astral rune sink, maohgany logs and planks can fill up some space in certain droptables etc....
Construction will have an effect on the economy, woodcutting mahoganies will become a moneymaking method same can be said about making them into planks.
Enjoyable content that lasts for 5 hours isn't what I'm looking for (don't know about you).
This skill can create new "jobs" make certain monsters more attractive make astrals a good moneymaker again and much more stuff that i have missed, making it too short leaves little room for all that.
Adding planks and logs to droptables would balance the increased demand caused by the lower xp rates.
Pages: 1 2 3