The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Comparing melee chaotic weapons.
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:10:18 am »
Currently there's chaotic maul, chaotic rapier and chaotic longsword. For my calculations, I'll assume that you're wearing a dragon defender with the 1h weapons, and I'll use the info from the wiki, so there's a chance it'll be incorrect, but oh well.

Dragon defender stats (so I won't have to mention them again and just add them up):

+20 melee accuracy
+10 melee strength

Chaotic maul:

Attacks every 3s, is 2h therefore you can't wear a dragon defender.

The stats:

+139 melee accuracy
+123 melee strength bonus

123 / 3 = 41 strength bonus/1s (the higher the number, the better.)

Chaotic longsword:

Attacks every 3s, is 1h meaning you can take a dragon defender with it.

The stats:

+116 melee accuracy
+102 melee strength

112 / 3 = 37,3 strength bonus/1s

Chaotic rapier:

Attacks every 2.5s, is also 1h.

The stats:

+92 melee accuracy
+82 melee strength

92 / 2,5 = 36,8 melee strength bonus/1s

If comparing the DPS, Chaotic maul wins by quite a lot. Chaotic longsword comes second place, closely followed by chaotic rapier. But keep in mind that the chaotic maul is two handed, therefore you can't have a shield when wearing it. Therefore, if you want a shield, chaotic longsword would be the best option since it offers better accuracy and DPS. The only reason why you should buy a rapier is if you want the bonus attack speed.

Edit: The weapons also give 10% damage and accuracy against your slayer task, so the more strength bonus and accuracy you have, the more effective it is.

Edit #2: Chaotic weapons are also degradeable, so the faster it attacks, the faster it loses it's charges. Chaotic rapier attacks 0.5 seconds faster than the other two options, so it loses charges around 15% faster.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:02:45 pm by Saligta »
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Rotanas, Blakpn0y

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing melee chaotic weapons.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 11:17:43 am »
Chaotic weapons are in great place right now imho, been since the release as I don't think they've been touched since. Only a buff to longsword and mauls attack speed within 2 days of release iirc.
Chaotic longsword is amazing on Nex when using melee even off task. It's an amazing weapon and beats out elemental whip easily. Maul I didn't use that a lot but I did use it on some slayer tasks and it was fun.
I mostly used rapier as that's the weapon I like and being able to hit fast your target was great on slayer tasks.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:34:11 pm »
You underestimate how big of a factor attack speed is. Dragon darts were the top DPS weapon by a mile even though the offensive stats were pure garbage, before they were nerfed.

I also do not understand why you're talking about DPS when the only thing you're actually comparing is str bonus/second (not even actual damage). Accuracy and attack speed are huge factors. There's an inbuilt DPS calculator in game so I have no idea why you're comparing these numbers instead of the exact DPS values given by the calculator.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:36:39 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Blakpn0y

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 01:02:34 pm »
You underestimate how big of a factor attack speed is. Dragon darts were the top DPS weapon by a mile even though the offensive stats were pure garbage, before they were nerfed.

I also do not understand why you're talking about DPS when the only thing you're actually comparing is str bonus/second (not even actual damage). Accuracy and attack speed are huge factors. There's an inbuilt DPS calculator in game so I have no idea why you're comparing these numbers instead of the exact DPS values given by the calculator.

If you're talking about the calculator in the combat style tab, that's because I don't have all of the chaotics. Melee strength bonus is converted into your maxhit, together with your strength stat, so it makes sense to divide the way I have. I might be retarded though and miss something important.

Dragon darts is a way different matter. Most of the damage comes from the ranged skill, I only compared weapons here.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 01:49:20 pm »

If you're talking about the calculator in the combat style tab, that's because I don't have all of the chaotics. Melee strength bonus is converted into your maxhit, together with your strength stat, so it makes sense to divide the way I have. I might be retarded though and miss something important.

Dragon darts is a way different matter. Most of the damage comes from the ranged skill, I only compared weapons here.

Strength level increases melee max hit just like ranged level increases the maxhit for range. That's the first problem. The second one is that maxhit doesn't increase in 1:1 ratio with strength bonus.

Zamorakian spear has str bonus of +149 and attack speed of 3.5 seconds. That's 42.57 bonus/s, even higher than Chaotic Maul's value. For rapier it was 36.80 bonus/s like you calculated with dragon defender. Even though the value is higher for Zamorakian spear, Chaotic Rapier's actual DPS is higher by 0.11.

That being said, this doesn't take into account the monster's defense level. Chaotic spear has nearly 50% high attack bonus. If your target has high defense level and you have nothing to reduce it, like bgs or swh, slower but more accurate weapons might become better options.

Looking at the stats of the chaotic weapons, I personally think that the longsword is clearly the worst one unless somebody wants to take it to Nex with spectral ss. Since the Chaotic Maul's attack speed is only 3.0 vs the 3.5 of Zamorakian Spear, I actually think it's way better even off-task than ZS and is equally good with Chaotic Rapier.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 01:56:34 pm »
That being said, this doesn't take into account the monster's defense level. Chaotic spear has nearly 50% high attack bonus. If your target has high defense level and you have nothing to reduce it, like bgs or swh, slower but more accurate weapons might become better options.
Chaotic longsword off task is a far better option than rapier when taking to Nex actually. Including soloing but soloing is quite pointless loot/efficiency wise, it's just fun I suppose. Only boss I found rapier being better than longsword was Chronozon due to it being complete butter.
Source: personal experience and few other players experience
Pages: 1