The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Combat System at PKING
« on: June 07, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »
So, I went today to kill Kolodion. Place: Chaos Elemental MULTI. And then person named Rangemage Pk attacked me instantly it got killed. All I saw was max hits on my Void(that I can bear) but MAX HITS ON THIRD-AGE ARMOUR(on my friend's account was pure absurd)WHILE IM POTTED and opponent is barely having something special in his inventory... Plus Chaos Elemental Only Attacked my and my friend and not my opponent. I don't understand. Friend said he barely hit anything on him. opponent's gear is Armadyl Helm, Third-Age Top, Legs(range), Hunter C'Bow and Spectral SS with Morrigan Javelins and Axes. His hits were successful while ours barely hit. This is not first time this has happened. DOES SOME PEOPLE GET BUFF IN WILDY OR WHAT? I dont get it how some people hits are perfectly timed and almost beastly while ours barely hit 20s when they should hit 40-50 at one point or another. Never on person Have I saw better hit than 40 on person with Void Range Hunter Cbow Fury stone Ava and with ranged potions + ranged piety. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GAME MADE OF??? Played for like 1 - 2 years barely understand this combat system, especially in pking.

Also https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19424.0 here is one more.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:27:50 am by Pain Dot »

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Combat System at PKING
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49:04 pm »
You're just bad.

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »
You're just bad.
You're not better too.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:53:49 pm by Pain Dot »

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »
You're just bad.
You're aren't better too.
You*
And I aint crying because I got rekt.

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »
You're just bad.
You're aren't better too.
You*
And I aint crying because I got rekt.
well, I'm not mad because I got pked, I'm more mad that system is fucked up really bad. You barely hit with void which supposedly has one of the best accuracy ing. Nope, not found. Also, hits with Hunter C'bow and D bolts(e) were maxed at 20 - 40 when on monsters I do sometimes hit 60+. Also, Third-age has one of best defence ing - doesn't mean anything, it's still shitty while tanking hits from ranger anyways. Today was best proof of it.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 07:10:44 pm »
Played for like 1 - 2 years barely understand this combat system, especially in pking.
Maybe your understanding of the combat system or lack there of doesn't originate from the system itself.

If you use confirmation bias to explain the combat system to yourself you're generally going to have a very rough time attempting to understand it. The combat system relies on RNG far too much for that to actually give you any kind of credible results.

While increased accuracy means you have a chance to hit higher it does not guarantee that you always will. That applies to defence bonus as well. It is physically possible for a level 3 without any gear to kill someone that is max combat and in max gear (provided he doesn't run away). It's very unlikely to happen, however it is possible. The thing that's fucked up is your understanding of the system, not the system itself.

Defence bonus is actually quite significant since the introduction of damage soaking. This bonus provides a flat reduction to the amount of damage you take and is based on your defence bonus. While having every hit reduced by 2-8 might not seem much it actually saves you a huge amount of food in the long run and potentially saves you from dying. Monsters don't have this bonus, so your hits are very likely to be way higher on them.

Dragon bolts (e) do have their special effect damage reduced by anti-dragon shield, dfs and antifire potions. You said he was using spectral, but it's still possible for him to have used the potion. This would reduce the maxhit by quite a significant amount.

;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:38:52 pm »
So, I went today to kill Kolodion. Place: Chaos Elemental MULTI. And then person named Rangemage Pk attacked me instantly it got killed. All I saw was max hits on my Void(that I can bear) but MAX HITS ON THIRD-AGE ARMOUR(on my friend's account was pure absurd)WHILE IM POTTED and opponent is barely having something special in his inventory... Plus Chaos Elemental Only Attacked my and my friend and not my opponent. I don't understand. Friend said he barely hit anything on him. opponent's gear is Armadyl Helm, Third-Age Top, Legs(range), Hunter C'Bow and Spectral SS with Morrigan Javelins and Axes. His hits were successful while ours barely hit. This is not first time this has happened. DOES SOME PEOPLE GET BUFF IN WILDY OR WHAT? I dont get it how some people hits are perfectly timed and almost beastly while ours barely hit 20s when they should hit 40-50 at one point or another. Never on person Have I saw better hit than 40 on person with Void Range Hunter Cbow Fury stone Ava and with ranged potions + ranged piety. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GAME MADE OF??? Played for like 1 - 2 years barely understand this combat system, especially in pking.

Hunter C bow is able to hit 70's with onyx bolts. If you've never seen above 40's, you're either shit for not hitting better yourself or extremely lucky if this is the first time somebody has hit more than 40 on you.

Third age doesnt equal immunity to all damage.

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 08:40:34 am »
Seems not only for stakes players quitting, thomy said once that combat system not compatible on pures... seems we cant call it combat system at all.
The following users liked this post: Pain Dot

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 09:07:41 am »
Uhm... what am I even supposed to answer / explain here? Imho this is just a rant about having been killed in the wilderness by a lucky void special attack? Also, what's the point in mentioning the person who killed you?

Anyway... let me try to explain the system a little. All combat bonuses are listed in your equipment screen. The more defence bonus you have the less likely it becomes for your enemy to hit you. That doesn't mean it'll never happen, it's just becoming less likely. Your opponent can counter this by boosting their accuracy values. Void knight is a perfectly viable option for this. It yields additional accuracy and max hit by giving up defensive values.

You barely hitting could result from the lack of using potions and prayer? Those are also very good ways of boosting your defensive as well as offensive bonuses. Everything can be countered, which results in a healthy and balanced combat system. You can even reduce the max hit of your opponent by stacking defence bonus, this is called damage soaking. Some armours such as torags are also giving unique damage soaking bonuses. Shields are also playing a huge role there.

Just wearing a high level and expensive armour doesn't make you invincible to everything. Your opponent still has many ways of hitting high on you if you don't pay attention. Wearing 3rd age range gives you the best defensive values against magical attacks, it's okay vs ranged and bad vs melee.

In the end I'm open to discuss the system. Talking about buffs and nerfs to certain weapons and/or equipment. However, I want to do this in proper manners and in a friendly way. I'd also like to discuss things in more detail and not take a death rant as example.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:28:24 am by Thomy »

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:05 am »
Seems not only for stakes players quitting, thomy said once that combat system not compatible on pures... seems we cant call it combat system at all.

Where the hell do you idiots come up with this bullshit tho?
The following users liked this post: Thomy, 3st Ranger X, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 10:07:09 am »

Hunter C bow is able to hit 70's with onyx bolts. If you've never seen above 40's, you're either shit for not hitting better yourself or extremely lucky if this is the first time somebody has hit more than 40 on you.

Third age doesnt equal immunity to all damage.
What I don't get it is how come hits are soooo RNG based and all the time I was Pking that day never did I hit more than 40 with full void(which should be accurate af) even on third age armour and Spectral SS. THAT is what I don't get it. I mentioned him exactly because his RNG is off the roof. With Main, he's hitting 72 from AGS spec even though he's not fully potted or ready himself. Just randomly runs into us and hits 72. RNG. What can I say.
As for that event that took place yesterday shitty part was like I said, my void can't tank any high hitting hits, but having both Chaos Elemental to attack only me in multi zone and my opponents ranged is flying in is just absurd. WTF is this? I mean in multi monsters should attack ALL players not only one person. I barely saw Chaos Ele removing his armor. Only mine were removed whole time. So, tanking two style hits at same time which are possibly ~40s with armor removing special attack from Chaos Ele is just non-sense. Third-age you say doesn't equal immunity to all damage? Then what's the point in even bringing one in pk? Or making it 80 defence armor? Maybe go with black dhide? Same shitty protection according to you.
I was referring to myself, of not hitting my opponent more than 40 in third-age armadyl helm and Spectral SS. Which part is not understandable to you again?
Also, I'm not crying about losing stuff in wildy, being killed again and again. What shitty for me seems is combat system being plain RNG based and sometimes a buff for some people. Purely. It takes Extreme Luck to Beat two people (One in Void Other in Third-Age With two styles and also chaos ele). Especially when your in multi. Well, not anymore. Seems natural Pking session after which I'm so done pking here. I'm gonna rethink also about pvm. There is probably same shit awaiting. Monsters hitting random 20s through protection even with best armor. Not surprised so many people quit right now. Of course, there is a lot of bugs, less than it was in the beginning but Pking is destroyed af. Not even TB helps you to get your target anymore not even in Boneyard. You'll see 72s from Ags incoming soon enough.

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 10:13:48 am »
Played for like 1 - 2 years barely understand this combat system, especially in pking.
Dragon bolts (e) do have their special effect damage reduced by anti-dragon shield, dfs and antifire potions. You said he was using spectral, but it's still possible for him to have used the potion. This would reduce the maxhit by quite a significant amount.
So, me using DFS with Hunter C'bow against his D bolts hits doesn't mean shit to you? I know system is RNG based. But how person is so luck to completely manipulate it to his advantage facing two on one fight in multi with Chaos Ele attacking me and my friend not our opponent. Opponent barely got touched by Chaos Ele which pure joke even in multi. Nevermind. Yes, in my eyes system is fucked but. But tell to actually HOW THE FUCK PERSON GETS SO LUCKY TO KILL TWO PERSON CELL Besides CHAOS ELE HELP and doesn't get hit by it? We all got potted as I know for now. Anyways. Useless to argue here I see with some people. You all think it is RNG based and it is good. Not only me or Di Dot experienced this. Take Arjen(AKA Freestuffyay) also decent pker, Attacker35. They all are not in pk right now. Why? System is soo fucked up. Even RNG doesn't help them much to win half of fights they do...

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 10:23:35 am »
Multiple users (including me) haven taken an attempt to explain to you how the combat system works. If you are standing in a multi zone and are tanking the chaos elemental and another 1-2 players... then yes, you will eventually just die by a combination of hits. Not to forget the magic effect the chaos elemental has... You aren't stronger than other players and can die quickly in such a situation.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 10:24:22 am »
Next time when you wanna provide feedback on something, format your text, use less caps and don't give the impression that you're retarded to make your text less of a cancer to read through.

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 10:25:56 am »
Uhm... what am I even supposed to answer / explain here? Imho this is just a rant about having been killed in the wilderness by a lucky void special attack? Also, what's the point in mentioning the person who killed you?

Anyway... let me try to explain the system a little. All combat bonuses are listed in your equipment screen. The more defence bonus you have the less likely it becomes for your enemy to hit you. That doesn't mean it'll never happen, it's just becoming less likely. Your opponent can counter this by boosting their accuracy values. Void knight is a perfectly viable option for this. It yields additional accuracy and max hit by giving up defensive values.

You barely hitting could result from the lack of using potions and prayer? Those are also very good ways of boosting your defensive as well as offensive bonuses. Everything can be countered, which results in a healthy and balanced combat system. You can even reduce the max hit of your opponent by stacking defence bonus, this is called damage soaking. Some armours such as torags are also giving unique damage soaking bonuses. Shields are also playing a huge role there.

Just wearing a high level and expensive armour doesn't make you invincible to everything. Your opponent still has many ways of hitting high on you if you don't pay attention. Wearing 3rd age range gives you the best defensive values against magical attacks, it's okay vs ranged and bad vs melee.

In the end I'm open to discuss the system. Talking about buffs and nerfs to certain weapons and/or equipment. However, I want to do this in proper manners and in a friendly way. I'd also like to discuss things in more detail and not take a death rant as example.
I also, want to know how Chaos Elemental in multi-zone doesn't attack all players? To west from obelisk is place where I died with my friend. There Chaos Elemental hasn't even touched our opponent which turned in his advantage widely. To us, his dismantling armor attack was so not on time that we got raped by hits like 40 - 45 constantly even praying ranged protection from opponents attacks and facing him with third-age(my friend was in third-age). Supposedly I understand your position for this. But Void should hit at least one time 40 - 60s hit on player with third-age and spectral SS. not anymore. It's pointless to use void in pk now. even with rushing. It's like with defence bonuses it's not worth getting. Better to buy third-age from alchs and go pk again. Oh wait. I won't because for me system doesn't work like it used to be. Around half-year ago I pked with fun. Both I and my opponents had a chance at good hits. Even though I lost or won I felt system was perfect. Also Revenant Dungeon stone blocks and sometimes in game. Your Player character stops and stands. Not responding to your clicking to attack other player. Also decent reason to not pk anymore.
Overall: I want to know how system got fucked up so badly? Was it damage soaking or what did it? Cause I'm not gonna step in wildy not even for kolodion. it is pointless to get rekt in matter of seconds even with best defence in game.
Pages: 1 2 3