The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Combat System at PKING
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 10:26:56 am »
Multiple users (including me) haven taken an attempt to explain to you how the combat system works. If you are standing in a multi zone and are tanking the chaos elemental and another 1-2 players... then yes, you will eventually just die by a combination of hits. Not to forget the magic effect the chaos elemental has... You aren't stronger than other players and can die quickly in such a situation.
Chaos ele didn't attacked Rangemage Pk. Why? He was also in multi.

Also, to get constantly huge hits, while you're barely hitting 20 - 40s is purely insane. And it needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:43:27 am by Pain Dot »

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 10:28:40 am »
Next time when you wanna provide feedback on something, format your text, use less caps and don't give the impression that you're retarded to make your text less of a cancer to read through.
Next time you wanna make yourself useful in this topic go into multi-zone wilderness near Chaos Ele, test this for yourself then comment. Some people doesn't just know what happened and comments anything they can to look smartypants. Also, if it's cancer for you to read, then don't.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 10:48:58 am »
Multiple users (including me) haven taken an attempt to explain to you how the combat system works. If you are standing in a multi zone and are tanking the chaos elemental and another 1-2 players... then yes, you will eventually just die by a combination of hits. Not to forget the magic effect the chaos elemental has... You aren't stronger than other players and can die quickly in such a situation.

Also, to get constantly huge hits, while you're barely hitting 20 - 40s is purely insane. And it needs to be fixed.

No, just no. Everybody is able to get the same max hit.

Uhm... what am I even supposed to answer / explain here? Imho this is just a rant about having been killed in the wilderness by a lucky void special attack? Also, what's the point in mentioning the person who killed you?

Anyway... let me try to explain the system a little. All combat bonuses are listed in your equipment screen. The more defence bonus you have the less likely it becomes for your enemy to hit you. That doesn't mean it'll never happen, it's just becoming less likely. Your opponent can counter this by boosting their accuracy values. Void knight is a perfectly viable option for this. It yields additional accuracy and max hit by giving up defensive values.

You barely hitting could result from the lack of using potions and prayer? Those are also very good ways of boosting your defensive as well as offensive bonuses. Everything can be countered, which results in a healthy and balanced combat system. You can even reduce the max hit of your opponent by stacking defence bonus, this is called damage soaking. Some armours such as torags are also giving unique damage soaking bonuses. Shields are also playing a huge role there.

Just wearing a high level and expensive armour doesn't make you invincible to everything. Your opponent still has many ways of hitting high on you if you don't pay attention. Wearing 3rd age range gives you the best defensive values against magical attacks, it's okay vs ranged and bad vs melee.

In the end I'm open to discuss the system. Talking about buffs and nerfs to certain weapons and/or equipment. However, I want to do this in proper manners and in a friendly way. I'd also like to discuss things in more detail and not take a death rant as example.
I also, want to know how Chaos Elemental in multi-zone doesn't attack all players? To west from obelisk is place where I died with my friend. There Chaos Elemental hasn't even touched our opponent which turned in his advantage widely. To us, his dismantling armor attack was so not on time that we got raped by hits like 40 - 45 constantly even praying ranged protection from opponents attacks and facing him with third-age(my friend was in third-age). Supposedly I understand your position for this. But Void should hit at least one time 40 - 60s hit on player with third-age and spectral SS. not anymore. It's pointless to use void in pk now. even with rushing. It's like with defence bonuses it's not worth getting. Better to buy third-age from alchs and go pk again. Oh wait. I won't because for me system doesn't work like it used to be. Around half-year ago I pked with fun. Both I and my opponents had a chance at good hits. Even though I lost or won I felt system was perfect. Also Revenant Dungeon stone blocks and sometimes in game. Your Player character stops and stands. Not responding to your clicking to attack other player. Also decent reason to not pk anymore.
Overall: I want to know how system got fucked up so badly? Was it damage soaking or what did it? Cause I'm not gonna step in wildy not even for kolodion. it is pointless to get rekt in matter of seconds even with best defence in game.

To me this is just a subjective complaint about having died at chaos elemental. The system is based around randomness and so is the aggression check if the chaos elemental. If your opponent stays far away from it, they won't trigger the aggression code.

Both, you and your opponent have a chance at good hits. If you give me the EXACT armours of both you and your opponent, I can do the maths and give you the hit chances.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:50:35 am by Thomy »

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 11:03:42 am »

Uhm... what am I even supposed to answer / explain here? Imho this is just a rant about having been killed in the wilderness by a lucky void special attack? Also, what's the point in mentioning the person who killed you?

Anyway... let me try to explain the system a little. All combat bonuses are listed in your equipment screen. The more defence bonus you have the less likely it becomes for your enemy to hit you. That doesn't mean it'll never happen, it's just becoming less likely. Your opponent can counter this by boosting their accuracy values. Void knight is a perfectly viable option for this. It yields additional accuracy and max hit by giving up defensive values.

You barely hitting could result from the lack of using potions and prayer? Those are also very good ways of boosting your defensive as well as offensive bonuses. Everything can be countered, which results in a healthy and balanced combat system. You can even reduce the max hit of your opponent by stacking defence bonus, this is called damage soaking. Some armours such as torags are also giving unique damage soaking bonuses. Shields are also playing a huge role there.

Just wearing a high level and expensive armour doesn't make you invincible to everything. Your opponent still has many ways of hitting high on you if you don't pay attention. Wearing 3rd age range gives you the best defensive values against magical attacks, it's okay vs ranged and bad vs melee.

In the end I'm open to discuss the system. Talking about buffs and nerfs to certain weapons and/or equipment. However, I want to do this in proper manners and in a friendly way. I'd also like to discuss things in more detail and not take a death rant as example.
I also, want to know how Chaos Elemental in multi-zone doesn't attack all players? To west from obelisk is place where I died with my friend. There Chaos Elemental hasn't even touched our opponent which turned in his advantage widely. To us, his dismantling armor attack was so not on time that we got raped by hits like 40 - 45 constantly even praying ranged protection from opponents attacks and facing him with third-age(my friend was in third-age). Supposedly I understand your position for this. But Void should hit at least one time 40 - 60s hit on player with third-age and spectral SS. not anymore. It's pointless to use void in pk now. even with rushing. It's like with defence bonuses it's not worth getting. Better to buy third-age from alchs and go pk again. Oh wait. I won't because for me system doesn't work like it used to be. Around half-year ago I pked with fun. Both I and my opponents had a chance at good hits. Even though I lost or won I felt system was perfect. Also Revenant Dungeon stone blocks and sometimes in game. Your Player character stops and stands. Not responding to your clicking to attack other player. Also decent reason to not pk anymore.
Overall: I want to know how system got fucked up so badly? Was it damage soaking or what did it? Cause I'm not gonna step in wildy not even for kolodion. it is pointless to get rekt in matter of seconds even with best defence in game.

To me this is just a subjective complaint about having died at chaos elemental. The system is based around randomness and so is the aggression check if the chaos elemental. If your opponent stays far away from it, they won't trigger the aggression code.

Both, you and your opponent have a chance at good hits. If you give me the EXACT armours of both you and your opponent, I can do the maths and give you the hit chances.

Mine:
Hunter C'bow(Ammo:D Bolts(e))
Void Ranger Set(normal one, not elite)
Amulet of Fury
Ring of Stone
Dragon Boots
Ava's Accumulator
Dragonfire Shield
(Potion + Ranged Piety prayer activated)

Opponent:
Armadyl Helmet
Third-Age Range Top
Third-Age Range Legs
Barrow Gloves
Spectral Spirit Shield
Glaiven Boots
Glory(t)
Ring(don't know) - Probably Stone.
Special attacks: Morrigans Axes, Javelins with 150% of special attack bar, because he shoved us axes two time right after javelins shooting at my friend)

Friend's(who came later on):
Hunter C'bow(Ammo:D Bolts(e))/Elemental Staff
Armadyl Helmet/Ice Crown
Third-Age Range Top/Third-Age Mage Top
Third-Age Range Legs/Third-Age Mage Bottom
Barrow Gloves
Ice Shield
Ragefire Boots
Glory(t)
(Potions + Ranged Piety prayer activated if mage then magic piety)

Opponent won. We lost. Profit he made doesn't bother us. What bother us is hits were abnormal and to our disadvantage purely.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 11:22:39 am »
Just by the look at the equipment, you will definitely lose the fight against third-age. The equipment definitely outperforms void armour.

Anyway, the hit chance against your opponent in void would be 33%. Your opponent has a hit chance of 51%. Upgrading to void elite would give you a hit chance of 36% plus additional defence bonuses lowering your opponent's hit chance to 42%. I don't necessarily find this unfair, because your opponent is using way more expensive gear. However, void seems a little weak in this scenario.
The following users liked this post: Pain Dot

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 11:25:30 am »
Just by the look at the equipment, you will definitely lose the fight against third-age. The equipment definitely outperforms void armour.

Anyway, the hit chance against your opponent in void would be 33%. Your opponent has a hit chance of 51%. Upgrading to void elite would give you a hit chance of 36% plus additional defence bonuses lowering your opponent's hit chance to 42%. I don't necessarily find this unfair, because your opponent is using way more expensive gear. However, void seems a little weak in this scenario.
Also, keep in mind, my friend also, got killed by the same guy at same place no re-banking.

Offline Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 11:33:32 am »

Also, keep in mind, my friend also, got killed by the same guy at same place no re-banking.

Your friend more or less had the same equipment, so that fight must've been pretty equal. Void knight won't and should never outperform third-age armours. Void scales your levels and thus becomes increasingly more powerful at higher hits. This is exactly where void shines, dealing lots of damage with special attacks in a short amount of time and not in prolonged fights.

I don't think that void is too weak, though the numbers could be tweaked a tiny bit.

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 03:00:41 pm »

What if your friend is bad? Have you thought about that? What if your friend didn't bring the proper inventory? What if the opponent had an inventory with more sustain than both of you? Also getting hit by ele chaos would cause you to take off some of your gear, which ends up giving you less dps and defense against the opponent.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 04:19:47 pm »
:LUL:
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 05:00:08 pm »

What if your friend is bad? Have you thought about that? What if your friend didn't bring the proper inventory? What if the opponent had an inventory with more sustain than both of you? Also getting hit by ele chaos would cause you to take off some of your gear, which ends up giving you less dps and defense against the opponent.
You clearly are worse of them all. Should I repeat myself for you misundertood too? Otto was first, now you. Haven't you noted YET our opponent was in range of Chaos Ele attacks yet he wasn't touched?... Also, I didn't said our opponent is/was bad or we were bad. Like Thomy and Charr said, system is clearly RNG based which this time pulled in our loss - THIS IS WHAT I AM HERE RAGING FOR. I hadn't hitted anywhere near 45s on opponent and my friend also barely hitted him in way better gear than me. Friend did had proper inventory with plenty food, super restores and other potions. But I wanna see you getting 40 - 48s constantly from Chaos Ele with armor removal attack and ranger on you and say that it was that my friend is bad smh is just dumb to state. Unless you actually happen to been in similar situation, I repeat, don't comment. This is PvP we're talking about. Not PvM.
Also, Lars this goes to you. You were the Best Pker around. Say something instead of Twitch emote of laughing. If this looks funny to you then your IQ lowers equally to the times you laugh at people about this.
:) Thanks for feedback Thomy. Besides You, Charr, a bit of Otto, others don't produce normal feedback on why this happens very commonly and for us it is usually not RNG based anymore.

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 05:04:48 pm »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 05:09:27 pm »

Mine:
Void Ranger Set(normal one, not elite)
Amulet of Fury
Ring of Stone
Dragon Boots
Ava's Accumulator
Dragonfire Shield
(Potion + Ranged Piety prayer activated)

Opponent:
Armadyl Helmet
Third-Age Range Top
Third-Age Range Legs
Barrow Gloves
Spectral Spirit Shield
Glaiven Boots
Glory(t)
Special attacks: Morrigans Axes, Javelins with 150% of special attack bar, because he shoved us axes two time right after javelins shooting at my friend)

Friend's(who came later on):
Hunter C'bow(Ammo:D Bolts(e))/Elemental Staff
Armadyl Helmet/Ice Crown
Third-Age Range Top/Third-Age Mage Top
Third-Age Range Legs/Third-Age Mage Bottom
Barrow Gloves
Ice Shield
Ragefire Boots
Glory(t)
(Potions + Ranged Piety prayer activated if mage then magic piety)

Opponent won. We lost. Profit he made doesn't bother us. What bother us is hits were abnormal and to our disadvantage purely.

This here, along with Lars's post :LUL: , is sufficient enough for me to say that both of you simply suck at the game.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 05:42:17 pm »
You clearly are worse of them all. Should I repeat myself for you misundertood too? Otto was first, now you. Haven't you noted YET our opponent was in range of Chaos Ele attacks yet he wasn't touched?
Even if someone is inside the attack range of the monster that doesn't necessarily mean they're in it's aggro range. Monster aggression is something that isn't doesn't change all that much and there's a certain extent of randomness to it as well. If you're PvMing in the wilderness you really can't rely on monsters to fight whoever is attacking you. I don't know why that isn't common sense to you. If you PvM in the wilderness you are going to be vulnerable to pkers, that's the risk involved with them. You can avoid going to the wilderness entirely if you wish.

... Also, I didn't said our opponent is/was bad or we were bad. Like Thomy and Charr said, system is clearly RNG based which this time pulled in our loss - THIS IS WHAT I AM HERE RAGING FOR. I hadn't hitted anywhere near 45s on opponent and my friend also barely hitted him in way better gear than me. Friend did had proper inventory with plenty food, super restores and other potions. But I wanna see you getting 40 - 48s constantly from Chaos Ele with armor removal attack and ranger on you and say that it was that my friend is bad smh is just dumb to state.
A hit of 40-48 can only occur if you aren't praying mage. Even if it's melee attack could hit that high it would still be your mistake to stand in it's melee range. Armour removal can be completely avoided by keeping your inventory full, this is done by mainly using brews as food. You do bring a few mantas in case you need to heal a lot but the only time that is necessary is when you're attacked by a pker. Last I checked chaos elemental doesn't really chase you either if you kill it using the trees as a safespot, so unless you just didn't react in time I really don't think it had all that much significance as you're making it seem it did.

I think you misinterpreted what he said. He did not mean to insult your friend. He just brought up something that could have been a possible cause without any ill intent at all. It's relevant to the topic, I don't think it's dumb to state such a thing.

Unless you actually happen to been in similar situation, I repeat, don't comment. This is PvP we're talking about. Not PvM.
I've never been attacked when doing Chaos ele so I haven't been in a similar situation. I don't think it makes anything I say any less credible. This is actually both PvM and PvP, given that chaos elemental was still attacking you.

This happens very commonly and for us it is usually not RNG based anymore.
Something being common does not change the fact that it's RNG based at all. That's not how it works.

It was way more likely to be a ring of vigour, I don't see why you don't jump to that conclusion instead given the way he used his special attacks. Axes don't use up 50% per spec, they use 33%. You also technically have 110% of your spec bar given that the energy regenerates over time. In the time he threw the javelin and the first axe he could've gotten another 10% back.

Just because you have an advantage does not mean you win by default.

This here, along with Lars's post :LUL: , is sufficient enough for me to say that both of you simply suck at the game.
From what you've been displaying in this topic this really isn't a strange conclusion to draw.

Don't want to die at chaos elemental anymore? Here's a list that might help.
  • If you don't have a good reason to; don't kill chaos ele. Tasks can be cancelled or you can get an easy task for free. Loot can be bought.
  • Consider bringing a spirit shield if you're worried about tanking multiple people/monsters, the special effect makes you take no damage for a short amount of time. Defensive armour also helps.
  • Learn how to do chaos elemental properly; taking advantage of the trees to keep it out of melee range and preventing it from chasing you and using brews to heal make things a lot less risky.
  • Onyx bolts (e) over dragon. They're literally better in every way and definitely worth the cost. They'll help you not use too many brews as well since they heal. Bringing a vampyrism aura could help with that as well.
  • Rather than raging either attempt to learn from it or simply don't rage at all, raging isn't good for anything.
;

Offline Pain Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 06:15:52 pm »
After Charr's reply, it seems some people finally get it. Thank you very much. Though I still await for this to work splendid in wildy. Nowadays it's just like a luck in staking fights. Just you actually do pot up or eat and do the fighting.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 07:30:53 pm »
After Charr's reply, it seems some people finally get it. Thank you very much. Though I still await for this to work splendid in wildy. Nowadays it's just like a luck in staking fights. Just you actually do pot up or eat and do the fighting.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that people like Lars are nothing but lucky? :LUL:
Pages: 1 2 3