The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Clue scroll droptables
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:54:38 pm »
Hey guys,

The clue scroll update is pretty much done. Before I release it though, I'd like to have some feedback on the droptables. You can find them here:The drops aren't final and I'm open for suggestions! I couldn't think of any more drops, but maybe you got something in mind? Also, how do you like the new droptable format? :)

All the best,
Thomy
The following users liked this post: Level Down

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Clue scroll droptables
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:01:43 pm »
Me like this

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »
If hand cannon will be completely cosmetical I don't see it appeal to alot of people, because abyssal cannon looks nicer.

I'm not sure how hard/easy it is to get dragon masks from clues in the future with 10%, but I would hate to see them become too common. One thing though by looks of it there's like 50% more dragon masks then I expected which is nice (Just green/red/blue/black) would be too bland.

I don't understand why zamorak/guthix/saradomin robes and rune sets are more rare by % to get over armadyl/ancient/bandos hides and robes.

We already have plenty of zamorak/guthix/sara robes and rune sets ingame and they are really cheap, doesn't make sense why new hides, robes and rune sets are easier to obtain from clues then existing items.

Green = new items
Red = we already have those items ingame obtainable really easily

http://imgur.com/a/iByow
http://imgur.com/a/8cNKY

Elite clues by the looks of it are just 0,5/0,1% to get super rare item or basically other clue rewards. Just looks like you either get super super rare item or really common loot from easier clues.
Personally I think that elite clues rewards should include every other reward from lower tier clues (like hard clue rewards)
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Callmedragon, Bubblebeam2, Someone12116, Yaz, Wg Iron

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 07:07:13 pm »
Currently easy and medium clues reward table do not seem to have their own rare unique item (see rangers boots over on runescape for example) like hard and elites do.
Adding that would give higher level people to do easy and medium clues as well and why not for lower level people to spam them as well if they're not eligible to do harder ones.

Some possible cosmetic rewards for them could be a sack of grain, fox or chicken that were 1 in-game rares back in emps-scape and they were loved by the community back then,
would be a somewhat great way to bring them back possibly. Sack of bones or some other 'good' looking clothing could be a possibility as well.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:06:08 pm »
The biggest worry I have is that they will become dead content over time. Cosmetics devalue quite easily over time.

I'll write a proper topic on release. For now all I can say is make sure that the rewards are sinked in some way.
;
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Jandar

Offline Level Down

• Liked: 16 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »
ohh i am hyped for this, can't wait for it to come out!!!!

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 10:51:48 pm »
The biggest worry I have is that they will become dead content over time. Cosmetics devalue quite easily over time.

I'll write a proper topic on release. For now all I can say is make sure that the rewards are sinked in some way.

People will end up collecting cosmetics items just for fun. Idk what's the point of going for a cosmetic and then get it sinked??? Dont u touch my 600 boaters m8

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 10:56:12 pm »
It would be great if you tell us how hard it is to get these scrolls, how do you get them and so on
to make it easier for us to give you a feedback on the drop table

One thing that I think is a lil bit low is G kits droprate is at 1:200 yet still at 1:10000, again until we know hard is it to get elite clue scrolls we can't tell if its fair or not

Can we please add fancy boots somewhere in that droptable ? that would amazing I want these boots so damn bad lol
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:06:19 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:07:57 pm »

People will end up collecting cosmetics items just for fun. Idk what's the point of going for a cosmetic and then get it sinked??? Dont u touch my 600 boaters m8
Prolly wiser to add some rewards that aren't cosmetic, not to sink cosmetics
waitwhat brain lag soz

IM TAKING YOUR BOATERS
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:00:41 am by Drugs »

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:23:40 pm »
All I have to say is that I don't think elite clues will be worth doing looking at the % of the rewards

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 03:31:17 am »
All I have to say is that I don't think elite clues will be worth doing looking at the % of the rewards

Or something that's actually hard to obtain in this game for once and can be proud of having

Emps-scape moderator

Offline Nunca Vai

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 07:24:48 am »
Remove some sara and guthix robe junks, but actually it looks good. :)
Ironmen account - Mellen Gi

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 07:34:11 am »
Lookin' real cool! There seem to be quite a ton of cosmetics though...
3rd age druidics :O

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 10:55:14 am »

And yes, people do these in RS. Clues are basically a fun distraction in the middle of all the grind. Average reward in RS3 is like 100-200k.
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 11:22:31 am »
Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the droptables and made sure that every clue scroll (except for the easy one) has rare and unique items. Also added new ones to the selection. :) I'm now looking into distributing clue scroll drops.

Would you prefer a chance of a clue scroll (easy, medium, rare and elite) being dropped from every monster? Chances increasing with the monster's difficulty and combat power. Or rather have them fixed in the monster's droptables?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:27:32 am by Thomy »
Pages: 1 2 3