The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Charr rants about resets
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »
don't worry guys, emps-world will soon be like playing iron man mode on your main account, if you know what i mean, so lets just milk this server of whatever it's worth. keep it up, proud'o ya
faith in what L0L. i look at the facts, and one of them is that the peak player count keeps declining by the day. you can't be living the dream that one of these days the player count will just start rising mate, sorry.

junkz' rants>charr's rants. at least concerning this topic. charr's arguments are mostly what would happen if it could happen, but that "thing" that could actually happen in charr's mind, never actually happens (I know it didn't make much sense), while junkz' arguments seems pretty solid and realistic.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »
I do believe that many things should be done from ' Junkz ' list to prevent the server from dying
however resetting the server is not one of them.
it could be the last option but not without trying everything else before it.

I don't believe that the reason that made everyone leave is because they don't have X bank or has 4bil xp, I remember most of the players left ( around 300 players ) during the time thomy took a break and didn't update the server for 3 or 4 months, I do put most of the blame on him tbh, Ignoring with the majority wanted back then while going forward and losing players update after update instead of gaining new players,

People wanted X, thomy Ignored it for a year and started to put random things around that X instead of adding it which resulted on a lot of players leaving
eventually, he added X however at this point it was so late.

afterall its his server, If he believe that keeping for example Agility ( as i said its just a random example ) in game while 90% of the players are hating on it, then he is the one to blame if half of these people left.

People are looking for high prices  ( not saying that I give a fuck about it ) and they've been crying about it for over a year already while we are watching our player count dropping day after day, we have suggested way 2 many things to sink some items in a way that people won't feel it and without even anyone knowing about it ( We have done something similar back in scape and it was a great success ) yet he is focusing more on the how Shadows will work, If water looks in HD or not

Nothing against Thomy again, I do respect him as a person and as a coder, he is professional and I respect everything he has done and he has helped me way2much on my Uni HW ( Thanks for this <3 ) however as long as he is the owner of this server, he takes the responsibility for this.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Division66, S Clegane

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »
bloody hell if you want to start from zero then make a freakin NEW ACC!

THE END! *drops mic*
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Ameer, K Naut

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 09:11:22 pm »
Players actually want new items though, no reason to remove anything.
The fault lies at the fact that you don't really need them, you can hit 47s in 3m gear afk pvm and not worry about dying. Or if you do 3m is still cheaper than GA.

Don't really have use for pvp-armour, new gloves or prayers when a large % of slayer monsters don't hit through prayer. And alot of profitable bosses are also easy.
There's really no incentive to obtain new items because they would have to be really op to be worth the time, but the fact that we get new items at all is really positive.
The following users liked this post: Icedrags

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 07:41:29 pm »
The fault lies at the fact that you don't really need them, you can hit 47s in 3m gear afk pvm and not worry about dying. Or if you do 3m is still cheaper than GA.

Don't really have use for pvp-armour, new gloves or prayers when a large % of slayer monsters don't hit through prayer. And alot of profitable bosses are also easy.
There's really no incentive to obtain new items because they would have to be really op to be worth the time, but the fact that we get new items at all is really positive.

Then again I kinda wish that the old items were looked at before adding new ones so that the content people were familiar with back in scape would stay relevant.

Godswords for example: ZGS is barely used after it got the freeze effect, BGS is outperformed by Statius Warhammer for reducing defense, SGS is situational but still extremely good at what it does and AGS is hardly any better or worse than D Claws and Vesta Spear. Spirit Shields were nerfed to oblivion. It's no wonder there is no demand for this stuff.

Using the argument ''bosses are too easy, thus no demand'' is pretty silly since, for fucks sake, Bandos was dropped by Banshees in scape and every single GS dropping boss was safespottable with or without abusing bugs and the drops could still be sold instantly. Scape was easier than World by a thousand miles. Useful stuff sells. You won't buy a shit PC for the price of a good PC irl either.

The game is hard for the casuals that run around the game in full dragon. Making stuff harder and harder will simply turn them away from the game. Those casuals have always been the majority of our player count until now. This is a private server, if we're required to put the same number of hours in this game as in RS, there is no point in even playing a game with less content.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 08:33:26 pm »

Then again I kinda wish that the old items were looked at before adding new ones so that the content people were familiar with back in scape would stay relevant.

Godswords for example: ZGS is barely used after it got the freeze effect, BGS is outperformed by Statius Warhammer for reducing defense, SGS is situational but still extremely good at what it does and AGS is hardly any better or worse than D Claws and Vesta Spear. Spirit Shields were nerfed to oblivion. It's no wonder there is no demand for this stuff.

Using the argument ''bosses are too easy, thus no demand'' is pretty silly since, for fucks sake, Bandos was dropped by Banshees in scape and every single GS dropping boss was safespottable with or without abusing bugs and the drops could still be sold instantly. Scape was easier than World by a thousand miles. Useful stuff sells. You won't buy a shit PC for the price of a good PC irl either.

The game is hard for the casuals that run around the game in full dragon. Making stuff harder and harder will simply turn them away from the game. Those casuals have always been the majority of our player count until now. This is a private server, if we're required to put the same number of hours in this game as in RS, there is no point in even playing a game with less content.
Not sure if you meant that this game is hard for casuals because of dragon set... low level armour like dragon is actually really good for even bossing.
Only real reason for finding this game hard is just being ignorant to the options that allow you to play smarter.

I wasn't talking about prices, more about the fact that I personally dislike how easy the combat system in this game is.
Don't need food or potions to even do slayer because of sgs.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 08:49:06 pm »

Not sure if you meant that this game is hard for casuals because of dragon set... low level armour like dragon is actually really good for even bossing.
Only real reason for finding this game hard is just being ignorant to the options that allow you to play smarter.

They don't haven't played the game for 7 years and most of those people are like 10 years old. People like that do not simply have the attention span for the difficulty. Besides, Inferno in osrs kinda proved that the hardest PvM content you'd ever get from this combat system is prayer flicking for 2 hours straight https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6ep6s0/new_osrs_inferno_shows_what_endgame_pvm_would/ . That isn't fun in the slightest.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 09:00:32 pm »

I wasn't talking about prices, more about the fact that I personally dislike how easy the combat system in this game is.
Don't need food or potions to even do slayer because of sgs.

pvming/slayer in osrs is pretty much the same with sgs, with the exception of some bosses...

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 09:05:36 pm »

They don't haven't played the game for 7 years and most of those people are like 10 years old. People like that do not simply have the attention span for the difficulty. Besides, Inferno in osrs kinda proved that the hardest PvM content you'd ever get from this combat system is prayer flicking for 2 hours straight https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6ep6s0/new_osrs_inferno_shows_what_endgame_pvm_would/ . That isn't fun in the slightest.
And this is the most upvoted comment in that thread

"I would really like to see a team boss in OSRS. A Boss that you can't do with 1 player whatsoever. A Boss where players need to take different roles in order to kill it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think OSRS don't have any atm. Ofc you can team them if you wish but its also soloable.
"

It also shows that people like well executed content for pvm, even when it's more difficult than average.
I agree that alot of kids play this game but there's already plenty of ezpz content for them.

Also since it's more of a rant thread don't expect me to suggest any of my stupid ideas, I don't care that much :LUL:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:08:09 pm by Drugs »

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 08:26:59 pm »
Use the capacity of world 2 to make emps world 2.0 and keep emps world on the side xD
This actually sounds quite intresting
#exkneesocks
The following users liked this post: Str8att7, S Clegane

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 11:13:54 pm »
Not quite sure how server reset gets us new players though, would just force existing players to play even more. If I don't play 3-4h a day now I'm not gonna play those hours after reset.

Agree.

Having resets be something that is impossible is something that prevents the playerbase from being insecure about the future of the game. If you've had a reset for reasons what stops a reset from occurring again in the future? If current problems are solved what stops new problems from being created? What would guarantee the old problem will be fixed in the first place? If resets are a possibility in the future that would seriously take away from people's motivation to play the game.

This. So true.

There won't suddenly be a lot of people coming (back) to Emps-World after a total reset. It's just not realistic. That's what I got to say about this.

Agree.

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 11:11:24 am »
Not quite sure how server reset gets us new players though, would just force existing players to play even more. If I don't play 3-4h a day now I'm not gonna play those hours after reset.

Agree.

Having resets be something that is impossible is something that prevents the playerbase from being insecure about the future of the game. If you've had a reset for reasons what stops a reset from occurring again in the future? If current problems are solved what stops new problems from being created? What would guarantee the old problem will be fixed in the first place? If resets are a possibility in the future that would seriously take away from people's motivation to play the game.

This. So true.

There won't suddenly be a lot of people coming (back) to Emps-World after a total reset. It's just not realistic. That's what I got to say about this.

Agree.
and a reward for the most useless post goes to...

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 12:07:45 pm »

Agree.

This. So true.

Agree.
and a reward for the most useless post goes to...

You
The following users liked this post: 3st Ranger X, S Clegane
Pages: 1 2