The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bug Reports
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:55:23 pm »
My friends from friendslist and I have noticed the thing about bug reports the way they are taken care of these days. Not that I think it's easy to fix them all but for example, let's take Barrows Gloves bug, which was pointed out two times(One of the problems that happened to me as well but when I saw that there was already made identical topic to it I figured I'd remain silent). And after all was done there was reply: "Thanks, it will be fixed." by Thomy himself. I wonder if bug section is actually really needed that though if bugs are still around and what people suggest is only something new, something that completely destroys what's already in game. So, what you people make of this? Should we make like a seperate Bug section the one like Wiki Contribution where people could fix those bugs by testing them in world 3. Any ideas on how we could properly fix them more efficiently?
The following users liked this post: Amer13

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 01:59:33 pm »
You don't need W3 to test bugs, you can do that perfectly fine in the live game since there are hardly any game breaking ones you would risk your items trying to find them.

Besides, I highly doubt people would even use the W3 for testing bugs as most people reporting the bugs even currently are too fucking dumb to post any details about them. They just post a single screenshot assuming Thomy is some kind of a supernatural being who is instantly able to see what the bug is and what causes it.

The barrows gloves bug is something as simple as you having a corrupt file at your end. I never encountered it because I update my client on regular basis.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 02:17:47 pm »
Fixing bugs requires access to the code, that's something Thomy isn't going to give people. If people are gonna get w3 access we'll probably have the same thing happening that occurred when it was open for GE testing. We'll have people pking and staking in w3 because they don't actually lose their shit, that kind of takes away from the actual game.

That reply is all that needs to happen. It tells you that Thomy is aware of the problem and he'll fix it eventually. The section functions, it's a way for Thomy to become aware of bugs without having to go and find them all himself. That's quite obvious, isn't it?
;

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:17:48 pm »
Don't forget he is doing it alone when he is aware of the problem he will fix it with a bigger update, it's much easier to release most of the content with one update than doing it every week, which would be annoying because servers would be down every week for some time.

Also about bug testing, it's pointless, if Thomy is aware of it WILL be fixed. And I agree with the choice that he is not sharing the access to the code, it would make things just worse.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 09:39:10 pm »
Just post a short topic in the bug reports section. It doesn't even have to be super detailed. I'm happy if I'm even aware of something that's wrong. Many bugs can be fixed by changing a few lines of code.

Aaaand besides that... the game has become pretty bugfree in comparison to its earlier days. ;)
The following users liked this post: 66destroyer3, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 07:58:12 am »
Just post a short topic in the bug reports section. It doesn't even have to be super detailed. I'm happy if I'm even aware of something that's wrong. Many bugs can be fixed by changing a few lines of code.
I will start using it more frequently.
Aaaand besides that... the game has become pretty bugfree in comparison to its earlier days. ;)
Couldn't agree more with you.

Thanks for advice you guys. :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:32:20 am by Wg »
Pages: 1