The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Pk Xt Pk

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
All or nothing @Thomy
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:44:01 am »
Hello!
I have been playing this server almost since it came out. Due to lack of player I did quit. Despite that, i remember everything associated with this server. There were a lot of players who did not want to grind as hard as in runescape and there were players who just joined in order to enjoy the uinque content.

The unique content made this server one of the best in kind. I really do not know the version of the game (bc it was a really long time ago). But the times when AGS was the best weapon in game. There werent any statius or vesta e.t.c. Young people came by because the contet of this server was really good. You could play just minigames in order to gear up. Pretty much all the skills worked perfectly.

My suggestion is that we should go a bit back in time with this server. Reset items, lets do some advertisement and there will be new players for sure.(sounds easy but if you guys put your heads together, you could do amazing things, you just need enthusiasm.) There are so many server like this ( emps world right now) but there isnt any old one, which is perfectly working.

I think that staff team should really look into a mirror and ask themselves: "how long it can carry on?" I see that Thomy dont have that much time like in past. Yes, staff team got good experiences  (no judgement), but lack of enthusiasm is the key to failure. There must be someone who could just relook everything. Make some polls.on topics what players really want.

Thats all for now, if i missed something or i am wrong let me know. In my opinion the server should be relooked.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane, Game Wiki

Offline Cahit

• Liked: 229 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: All or nothing @Thomy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 02:41:16 pm »
We learn from the past but we don't go back. Instead, we develop, improve and move forward into the future.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:02:16 am by Cahit »
Player Moderator since January 16th 2019
Game Moderator since March 13th 2019
Player Administrator since April 13th 2019
Resigned since September 11th 2019
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro, Rotanas, The Return

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 03:26:32 pm »
I get where you're coming from, all nostalgia has been sucked out from this game, there's no going back to the 2010/2011 era with the current game. If anything a side server could be tried out, Emps-world old-school where everyone has to make a new account from scratch. The source is from 2010/2011 era where we had old graphics, ags was enhanced by arma set, Zammy godsword dropped by kolodion, bandos dropped by banshees and all the things that made emps as we knew it back then.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 07:18:11 pm by Martin »

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Game Wiki, Turbo Drunk

Offline Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 06:42:01 pm »
Despite that, i remember everything associated with this server.

I saw you trying to play Emps-Wars raging those portals while you're wearing a cape, you remember nothin mate.
The following users liked this post: Turbo Drunk

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 12:21:49 pm »
I agree with whole server reset.

Updates are becoming more and more unlikely for most of old players I know in person - as they suggested many of the things, waited so long to see them being implemented yet at fault is someone like me, players just for bringing it as "A Thing". I don't know where this server went wrong, all I know it's seriously demotivating lately to do anything especially give any sort of feedback towards senior staff members or owner himself as you immediately get backlash for saying out opinion out loud. I seemingly tried at start of this year to work things out. I've had numerous topics which didn't received any feedback whatsoever towards topic specifically or was considered as serious(not to mention, lashing out, trolling and familiar things which is my fault as usual since I bring stuff back).

I can assure you - it's pointless to waste time writing essay to just express how nostalgic you feel towards and just that although it's good to know there are players from old times returning to this place and hang out here.
The following users liked this post: Ava, Rotanas

Offline Pk Xt Pk

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 05:50:51 pm »

I saw you trying to play Emps-Wars raging those portals while you're wearing a cape, you remember nothin mate.

Well... you comment is absolutely irrelevant and pointless.
Firstly never judge someone or something by its cover, we all make mistakes. Our brain is developed to make mistakes.
Secondly if you are trying to rise your total posts, then this is not the time nor the place. I think I proved my point enough.

Side server is an idea, but we do not have enough active players for that.
The following users liked this post: Game Wiki

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 04:48:13 am »

Well... you comment is absolutely irrelevant and pointless.
Firstly never judge someone or something by its cover, we all make mistakes. Our brain is developed to make mistakes.
Secondly if you are trying to rise your total posts, then this is not the time nor the place. I think I proved my point enough.

Side server is an idea, but we do not have enough active players for that.
Thomy has said many times he will never reset the current game nor will he go back in time with it so kill that dream of yours asap and the disappointment will be easier. He won't do such thing because he has no guarantee players will like it and that they wont just straight out leave for good. Eco reset/ new game will never be a 'miracle solution' that brings back the former days of glory. I'm afraid time has done its work and all we can hope for is to swing between 50-100 at peak times.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:31:21 am by Martin »

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 10:00:42 am »
Let's leave it be and see what it turns out. Eco already crashed greatly - it won't raise items to their peak price again. I still yet to see solutions to it. Guy wants/seeks solutions here as to why he could come back. I'll write essay, just in case, he would take a liking to read it.

As for the solutions, Thomy has shown zero interest in majority players opinion lately, not a single reply in this topic or any other that can be discussed as "a thing"... He listens perhaps just to name few, like Drugs, Jp, Martin, that Tulrak dude and some times Cahit, Earl, maybe some more I don't know even.

Other than that, do you honestly believe economy/game itself can be made to let profit for both new and old players? I mean, it's good for new ones, yes. But old ones are demotivated as hell which means they're becoming less and less hyped by changes around here. Like, seriously... He has 50-100 player community with perhaps 10 times better ideas than his favorite "pets" who are always reporting stuff to make something as advantage to them but it turns out to be broken record eventually and he's mad about players like me who are eager to help him out but can't always just sit around there and report every detail of game. I understand owner fully: he has life, uni, other irl responsibilities. But he has to understand this - he owns place, he runs it and he should accept any sort of feedback if it helps him.

As for examples about second paragraph - Take freaking revenants for a minute. When Thomy saw there is 20~ Lithuanians gathering, camping them - he immediately started changing things since Estonians couldn't get a way around. Changes were almost immediate! You see? But when Lithuanian suggested let's not change that place, perhaps buff wildywyrms/gulegas drops a bit but not whole - he wasn't listening to it. And now, revenants are rarely being killed... We kinda split as clan, meaning every update us affects individually and not everything is so good as it is in few eyes.

Just saying - you gotta take into account not what's best working at your workplace but what's best for community and if you don't have interest to listen to it as whole - then why even try to update something? Why listen something is bad/good when you can leave it be and see how it plays out... Surely you can't be serious to make people quit because they are not being understood or their opinion doesn't matter? I wished he listen'd to more of players like these and came to compromise instead of ignoring most of our opinions as they are not bashing, lashing out in any way whatsoever(even though it might look like it).

And what's with every 5 - 10 minutes typing ::flushmodels or ::reloadmap ? I bring this up since it's annoying game play to type additional commands which should be exclusive to Staff only yet meh, let players use commands to fullest... Is graphical issue that bad that players need those commands as oxygen? If there's problem - talk with community, trying to come up with solution is better than being silent and doing something that eventually turns out to be worse case scenario than before, no one is judging you for being single developer around here but believe me they are eager to help/aid you in any way they can - point is not everyone is being understood the way they want to be.

Hands down, I'm done with feedbacks or notes to it. I don't know how many of people like this are left but I just hope there will be more who actually give solution, feedback instead of 1 row sentence "Been there done that" when nothing better comes out of it.

P.S. It's up to Staff if they only see me as neglecting object here - everyone has opinion and it suppose to be counted as well as his existence in this community.(this is message for approval, can be deleted afterwards if it seems with too much criticism)

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 04:47:51 pm »
@wg you can remove my name from the list lol he does not listen to me. And i agree that the change he did to rev cave was rushed and a very bad one, he ruined our whole competetive scene and revs aren't worth killing anymore. The only way we can bring the community together is to promote activities that make us interact with eachother but majority of the active players are ironmen so it's going to be difficult. I don't know why I'm still talking in the form of 'we' i guess it's an old habit but clearly there's no point in me pointing out any flaws anymore as there are like 1-2 people who actually discuss and care. I'm rather disappointed in the staff team for not doing anything significant to make things better, they mostly sit like trophies in a museum, waiting for someone to do something or for something to happen out of the air.

The following users liked this post: Joshiee, Ava, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 04:58:58 pm »
MB man. But truth to be told, that's exactly what drives communities down - 0 interesting in interacting with each other.

Offline Ralphe10

• Liked: 388 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 05:03:33 pm »
@wg you can remove my name from the list lol he does not listen to me. And i agree that the change he did to rev cave was rushed and a very bad one, he ruined our whole competetive scene and revs aren't worth killing anymore. The only way we can bring the community together is to promote activities that make us interact with eachother but majority of the active players are ironmen so it's going to be difficult. I don't know why I'm still talking in the form of 'we' i guess it's an old habit but clearly there's no point in me pointing out any flaws anymore as there are like 1-2 people who actually discuss and care. I'm rather disappointed in the staff team for not doing anything significant to make things better, they mostly sit like trophies in a museum, waiting for someone to do something or for something to happen out of the air.
Go kill gulegas instead.

a broken clock still tells you the right time twice a day
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Offline Martin

• +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 05:15:23 pm »
What are you talking about ralphe? your comment proves how oblivious you are to our discussion.

The following users liked this post: Ava

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 08:49:52 pm »
Let's leave it be and see what it turns out. Eco already crashed greatly - it won't raise items to their peak price again. I still yet to see solutions to it. Guy wants/seeks solutions here as to why he could come back. I'll write essay, just in case, he would take a liking to read it.

As for the solutions, Thomy has shown zero interest in majority players opinion lately, not a single reply in this topic or any other that can be discussed as "a thing"... He listens perhaps just to name few, like Drugs, Jp, Martin, that Tulrak dude and some times Cahit, Earl, maybe some more I don't know even.

Other than that, do you honestly believe economy/game itself can be made to let profit for both new and old players? I mean, it's good for new ones, yes. But old ones are demotivated as hell which means they're becoming less and less hyped by changes around here. Like, seriously... He has 50-100 player community with perhaps 10 times better ideas than his favorite "pets" who are always reporting stuff to make something as advantage to them but it turns out to be broken record eventually and he's mad about players like me who are eager to help him out but can't always just sit around there and report every detail of game. I understand owner fully: he has life, uni, other irl responsibilities. But he has to understand this - he owns place, he runs it and he should accept any sort of feedback if it helps him.

As for examples about second paragraph - Take freaking revenants for a minute. When Thomy saw there is 20~ Lithuanians gathering, camping them - he immediately started changing things since Estonians couldn't get a way around. Changes were almost immediate! You see? But when Lithuanian suggested let's not change that place, perhaps buff wildywyrms/gulegas drops a bit but not whole - he wasn't listening to it. And now, revenants are rarely being killed... We kinda split as clan, meaning every update us affects individually and not everything is so good as it is in few eyes.

Just saying - you gotta take into account not what's best working at your workplace but what's best for community and if you don't have interest to listen to it as whole - then why even try to update something? Why listen something is bad/good when you can leave it be and see how it plays out... Surely you can't be serious to make people quit because they are not being understood or their opinion doesn't matter? I wished he listen'd to more of players like these and came to compromise instead of ignoring most of our opinions as they are not bashing, lashing out in any way whatsoever(even though it might look like it).

And what's with every 5 - 10 minutes typing ::flushmodels or ::reloadmap ? I bring this up since it's annoying game play to type additional commands which should be exclusive to Staff only yet meh, let players use commands to fullest... Is graphical issue that bad that players need those commands as oxygen? If there's problem - talk with community, trying to come up with solution is better than being silent and doing something that eventually turns out to be worse case scenario than before, no one is judging you for being single developer around here but believe me they are eager to help/aid you in any way they can - point is not everyone is being understood the way they want to be.

Hands down, I'm done with feedbacks or notes to it. I don't know how many of people like this are left but I just hope there will be more who actually give solution, feedback instead of 1 row sentence "Been there done that" when nothing better comes out of it.

P.S. It's up to Staff if they only see me as neglecting object here - everyone has opinion and it suppose to be counted as well as his existence in this community.(this is message for approval, can be deleted afterwards if it seems with too much criticism)
Tldr: rev caves update was bad, models disappearing is bad
I agree

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 10:50:09 pm »

I noticed something similar like 2 years ago, when Charr and Saoledpede1 were the ones who got things done, even some really stupid things that were reverted afterwards. My solution was to simply turn to Charr instead of trying to appeal to Thomy, because Charr was full of bad ideas and so I tried my best to a be a filter for those ideas. I spent a lot of time arguing with Charr and proving to him that he's wrong, before he had a chance to spread many of those ideas.

I'd suggest that you do the same, try to become a part of his inner circle or try to appeal to people who are already in his inner circle. I don't think that's true for most people on that list, it's unlikely that it's true for Drugs, Cahit or Earl and it's certainly not true for me. But you might notice that the people who Thomy has listened to tend to have been high-ranking staff members, so climbing the staff ladder to get more access to him might be the way to go.

One problem with Thomy is that he's not trying to look at things from a player's perspective, which I found out when I was discussing the economy and got a reply from Thomy where he justified his belief that the economy is doing well by looking at the grand exchange market watcher and saying that the prices seem stable. From that I suspect that the reason revenants were changed was not because of the people who complained about it, but because it had an effect on the whole market.

Also why am I "that Tulrak dude"?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:58:14 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, Martin

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 11:43:40 pm »

I noticed something similar like 2 years ago, when Charr and Saoledpede1 were the ones who got things done, even some really stupid things that were reverted afterwards. My solution was to simply turn to Charr instead of trying to appeal to Thomy, because Charr was full of bad ideas and so I tried my best to a be a filter for those ideas. I spent a lot of time arguing with Charr and proving to him that he's wrong, before he had a chance to spread many of those ideas.

I'd suggest that you do the same, try to become a part of his inner circle or try to appeal to people who are already in his inner circle. I don't think that's true for most people on that list, it's unlikely that it's true for Drugs, Cahit or Earl and it's certainly not true for me. But you might notice that the people who Thomy has listened to tend to have been high-ranking staff members, so climbing the staff ladder to get more access to him might be the way to go.

One problem with Thomy is that he's not trying to look at things from a player's perspective, which I found out when I was discussing the economy and got a reply from Thomy where he justified his belief that the economy is doing well by looking at the grand exchange market watcher and saying that the prices seem stable. From that I suspect that the reason revenants were changed was not because of the people who complained about it, but because it had an effect on the whole market.

Also why am I "that Tulrak dude"?
I will address "that Tulrak dude" if its necessary.

Not sure how you took those words but I wanted to point you out especially since you are managing Wiki Team at the moment(Correct me if I'm wrong here) which are doing an amazing job so far, as for others, just named the ones that caught my eyes recently by few topics/reports they've been making.

While becoming part of his inner circle may prove to be beneficial for me or another player, being staff member rank doesn't define that Thomy will listen to you more. There is other ways to do it and one was actually today.

Revenant drops always were somehow dropping slowly, in terms of price, now they've risen to their average price but I've wanted to point out not the economy issue with revenants. It's that their lack of unique drops that could be utilize for further use are somewhat unbearable to see, as only groups of Pkers and few slayer task pvmers lurk around in that area, no one else.

What I'm interested in, is what I saw today even for a mere moment. Discord Server of Emps - Feature discussion channel where eventually Thomy took what was bearing him probably most of the time(not quite sure, can't confirm 100%) and spilled it out. That's what community is all about - interracting, communicating and seeking compromise/solution to any sort of idea which could be manifested into something really beneficial for server itself rather than solely counting on single opinions on multiple topics. Even if he doesn't look from player's perspective - I don't suppose rejecting anything player encounters that doesn't just seem right should be declined.

I might not earn Thomy's respect for a lifetime, that doesn't matter, what matters for me is how we can contribute to him to make it easier for him to see the issues and come up with best solutions he can. I wouldn't want to see his work went down the drain as I appreciate what he is doing so far. I just hope he sees that I'm dignified enough and not bashing out here or something.
Pages: 1 2 3