The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite champions in LoL
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 06:05:08 pm »
Darius mah boy.
Lux is also quite intreguing.

Though I've failed to understand why Darius is very rarely played these days..
He has no inbuilt sustain and relies on mana, if there's anything popular toplane it's champions that can stay in lane for a really long time. He starts to fall off midgame unless you're really fed, this is a problem because other toplaners get their powerspike midgame, that Irelia that you killed at level 2 might just stomp you midgame. He doesn't have much roaming potential without tp, and he doesn't have much early kill pressure without ignite. He didn't lose popularity because he got weaker, he lost popularity because other toplaners got better.
How are you only silver while talking like that wth.
Your rank in soloQ is in no way related to your understanding of the game, it's how much you play. Considering I don't play too much league, and that I rarely play ranked if I do play league so I am faily low ranked.
^ your rank displays your knowledge of the game, there is no way a guy with no knowledge can climb the ladders as easy as a guy with knowledge.
There are people that did over 1k ranked games and still stuck in gold.
Even if you have a rune pickaxe, someone with a bronze pickaxe that puts about 10x more time into mining will likely have more ores. While knowing how to use the better tool does help you get ores, you still won't get anything if you don't go mining. Sure, if the player with knowledge and the player without it play the same amount of ranked games the one with knowledge is bound to get higher rank, but if one of those doesn't play an equal amount of games the comparison becomes invalid. Your rank does not display your knowledge, it displays how much you play.
;

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 05:55:30 am »
Darius mah boy.
Lux is also quite intreguing.

Though I've failed to understand why Darius is very rarely played these days..

Darius has nothing to offer that could be helpful for a team in an organized (LCS, LCK, etc.) teamfight.
Fighters in the top lane died out when the tp cd on a turret got introduced.
Tanks just need to play save and come back to lane/make plays bot with tp until they are the tank their teams need.

It is true Darius is a lane bully in soloq. I am sure somebody who mains Darius knows his sh!t and can climb high because of the high snowball potential he has in unorganized games.

Meanwhile in the LCS, it is so easy to shut a specific champion down if the team really wants to do so. Darius has no mobility, no gap closers, no (natural) tankiness, no cc, and has either no damage (if build tanky) or no tankiness (if build full damage). Besides it is so easy to kite and poke him because he has no kind of engage.

This is probably the reason why other champs arent played that often as well.
Nasus, Riven, Fiora, Garen and much more.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:20:13 am by Eddie1408 »
The following users liked this post: Yaz, Ledomy10

Offline Arcade

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 10:19:03 am »
I like playing Lee Sin, Rek'sai and Thresh now, but my favorite is Ahri.
Pages: 1 2 3