The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The removal of splashing
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:44:35 pm »
A while ago splashing was removed to give some clarity on magic hits, while on the surface this doesn't seem to have much of an impact there is quite a big one; freezes.

Anything that can freeze is now a 100% guarranteed freeze, no exceptions. Ice spells, entangle, everything. You can be praying mage, in gear with near 400 mage defense bonus but you will get frozen for the full 15 seconds from that ice barrage. Something should be done about that, it removes most counterplay to spell effects. I haven't tested it but it might apply to teleblock too.

A few options:
  • Add splashing back
  • Spell effects don't apply when a 0 is being hit
  • Make magic defense bonus have an effect on spell effects

To elaborate on the 3rd option, the chance of a spell effect being applied to you and the duration should be lower the higher magic defense you have. These would both need to be capped, of course.

Opinions?
;
The following users liked this post: Plasmus007

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: The removal of splashing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 06:57:02 pm »
Having spell effects work on splashes was silly anyway, I'm glad it's gone.

About this, I would like to see your second option. Spell effects shouldn't work on 0's, they aren't hits. Melee doesn't get an extra hit as compensation on a 0, and neither does range (excluding Saradomin and Zamorak bow, which add miniscule amounts)

Also, I would like to see magic protection get another use, using your third option. The effect would be that if you are using magic protection prayers, and someone freezes you, the amount of time you are frozen is halved. Same for tele block, if it is casted on someone praying magic protection, it's duration is halved as well.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 07:03:52 pm »
i think that if you hit a 0 with a freeze attack, effects don't appear, or it's just me being silly. if you're right then i totally agree.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 08:12:54 pm »
I like the second option, that spell effects don't activate when you hit '0'.

It makes sense and should balance magic.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »
i think that if you hit a 0 with a freeze attack, effects don't appear, or it's just me being silly. if you're right then i totally agree.
They do. It occurs with all of the Snaring Spells.

Spell effects shouldn't work on 0's, they aren't hits. Melee doesn't get an extra hit as compensation on a 0, and neither does range (excluding Saradomin and Zamorak bow, which add miniscule amounts)
To branch off of this: If we do end up removing the effects of Magic Attacks occurring on 0's, what would your response be to things like Emerald (e) and Guthan's Base-6 Heal, which can still work on a hit of 0? Just a bit curious, because these aren't quite like what occurs with the freezing, but generally speaking, behave the same way (Thought not 100% guaranteed).

I agree with what you've said, though.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »
To branch off of this: If we do end up removing the effects of Magic Attacks occurring on 0's, what would your response be to things like Emerald (e) and Guthan's Base-6 Heal, which can still work on a hit of 0? Just a bit curious, because these aren't quite like what occurs with the freezing, but generally speaking, behave the same way (Thought not 100% guaranteed).

Guthans, yes, since it's a base heal and removing it from a 0 would be a considerable nerf to guthan's healing power. It doesn't affect pvp in any way and doesn't break anything in pvm.

Emerald (e), no, bolt effects should not proc on 0's either. The enchanted tip should be shot directly into your body for it to take effect. In fact this has been quite a bother to me for a while. Bolt effects should only proc on hits, it unintentionally lowers the chance of the effects happening to have them proc on 0's.
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »
They do. It occurs with all of the Snaring Spells.

Spell effects shouldn't work on 0's, they aren't hits. Melee doesn't get an extra hit as compensation on a 0, and neither does range (excluding Saradomin and Zamorak bow, which add minuscule amounts)

Those items are rarely used in pvp, while ice barrage is used almost exclusively for pking purposes. That's why I think ice barrage shouldn't freeze on a 0, in comparison to a ~6 heal on guthans (big woop, 6 hp) and the emerald (e) bolts with their poison which can be instantly healed with a potion. A freeze is totally unavoidable, and leaves you completely unable to move with no way out for a long time.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 11:38:21 pm »
Hitting a 0 should be the same as splashing before the update. NO EFFECT SHOULD BE TRIGGERED.

*OPTIONAL*

Add the effect from OSRS which, when having protect from mage on, reduces entangle freeze time and teleblock time.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 02:54:16 pm »
This was an actual Update?
Who comes up with this bullshit? Like seriously, who

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 03:49:15 pm »
It's because pkers were whining, why else do we get shitty combat updates?

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 04:03:14 pm »
It's because pkers were whining, why else do we get shitty combat updates?
That's not an excuse.

I cbf even discuss this, I dont even play.
Just funny

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 04:17:04 pm »
just found out myself because of dying to some pker in deep wild, entangle always freezes you, no matter if it's a 0 or a 20, basically if you take zuriels set with staff and entangle spells, you already
got a kill.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 06:47:16 pm »
just found out myself because of dying to some pker in deep wild, entangle always freezes you, no matter if it's a 0 or a 20, basically if you take zuriels set with staff and entangle spells, you already
got a kill.

Funny how no PKer has ever got me.

If you get attacked, DON'T RUN LIKE AN IDIOT. Fight back, freeze back, do something to prevent THEM FROM ATTACKING. If you make them eat food, they will lose potential damage they could had dealt to you. They don't expect you to attack back, but when you do, they get scared because PvMer chasers to not know how to PK.

Mage is fine because it completely lacks killing power. Go with gear that has really high magic defence and they will nothing but 0's on you.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:59:13 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 08:11:25 pm »
got a kill.

If you get attacked, DON'T RUN LIKE AN IDIOT. Fight back, freeze back, do something to prevent THEM FROM ATTACKING. If you make them eat food, they will lose potential damage they could had dealt to you. They don't expect you to attack back, but when you do, they get scared because PvMer chasers to not know how to PK.

Mage is fine because it completely lacks killing power. Go with gear that has really high magic defence and they will nothing but 0's on you.
yeah sure, but i see how you missed the point of this, even though they hit a 0, they still freeze you, and what can attacking back do, when 2-3 people pile on you in multi zones? escaping 1 retard is easy, but 3 with one wearing ancient armor, and having entangle and teleblock spells is not.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »
got a kill.

yeah sure, but i see how you missed the point of this, even though they hit a 0, they still freeze you, and what can attacking back do, when 2-3 people pile on you in multi zones? escaping 1 retard is easy, but 3 with one wearing ancient armor, and having entangle and teleblock spells is not.

There's a delay between freezes.
Pages: 1 2