The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The changes to barrows
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:55:37 am »
  • Barrow armour effects overhauled. We identified that some set effects are unfair and some useless. So we tried to give every set a new and useful effect:
  • Veracs: Now ignores 25% of your opponent's defence bonus instead of 100%. It also ignores protection prayer damage reduction completely when the effect triggers. I've found the set too strong in PvE and PvP situations. It makes armours and high defence levels just worthless when veracs is used. The Veracs set effect has a 20% chance to occur.
  • Guthans: The overall heal is too big. I've removed the fixed amount of heal you'd get in every case. The guthans armour now heals you for half of your hit on the enemy. The Guthans set effect has a 20% chance to occur.
  • Karils: Additional damage removed. When the set effect triggers, your next auto attack will be 0.5 seconds faster. The Karils effect has a 20% chance to occur.
  • Ahrims: Additional damage removed. The set now enhances your spell effects by 25% (doesn't work for teleblocks). The Ahrims set effect ALWAYS occurs.
  • Torags: Reduces all incoming damage by 10%. The hammers are now also using the same attack style as warhammers. Moreover, Torag hammers' attack speed has been increased, it attacks as fast as longswords now.
  • Dharoks: No changes! ;)
  • Barrow brother's hitpoints increased to 180.
  • Drop chances for barrow items in the chest have been slightly reduced.

Verac's
Shifting the going past prayer to the effect instead of it applying to all hits would've been plenty, though this isn't too much of an overnerf.

Guthan's
Nerfed into the ground, as was needed. I do hope it does still see some use, might have been too much.

Karil's
Interesting change, half a second sounds like a lot. Will have to see how this one works out.

Ahrim's
Does this apply to freezes as well? If that's the case it will see a ton of use still, as you get to freeze people longer. What about smoke barrage? Will the poison be 25% stronger? This was a necessary nerf, it's got some strong utility now.

Torag's
It's a lot more reliable for tanking now. Does it only work if you are attacking someone though? This is a really good buff, it might be OP. This does test absorbtion bonus though, which is nice.

Dharok's
Should never be changed, good call.

Changes to the minigame
Probably the reason I've made the topic in the first place. These changes came completely out of nowhere, they weren't necessary. It only makes it harder for people actually trying to earn money to earn money. It sets the bar higher for lower levels trying to do barrows. In my opinion this change has no positives while having a few negatives. Barrows are still easy to do, but they should've remained the same.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:09:02 am by Charr »
;

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
Re: The changes to barrows
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:05:11 am »

• Guthans: The overall heal is too big. I've removed the fixed amount of heal you'd get in every case. The guthans armour now heals you for half of your hit on the enemy. The Guthans set effect has a 20% chance to occur.
Guthan's
I don't get why the base heal was untouched, hitting a 0 could heal you for 6 which is quite strong. It would encourage using better gear with guthans if you made it depend more on what you hit rather than a base amount. Regardless, the nerf was called for and is in no way bad.
It was?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:17:16 am by Suryoyo K0 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 01:08:25 am »

Guthan's
I don't get why the base heal was untouched, hitting a 0 could heal you for 6 which is quite strong. It would encourage using better gear with guthans if you made it depend more on what you hit rather than a base amount. Regardless, the nerf was called for and is in no way bad.
It was?
Well rip I can't read
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:12:47 am by Charr »
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 656 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 02:41:32 am »
I don't like it at all. Also making the barrows loot harder to get and changing the health to 180 now makes it a lot harder. Trying to do this on my ironman is extremely hard.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
  • +0/-0
  • Paragraph Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 03:50:36 am »
I don't like it at all. Also making the barrows loot harder to get and changing the health to 180 now makes it a lot harder. Trying to do this on my ironman is extremely hard.
I wouldn't have minded bringing Karil's/Ahrim's HP up to the rest of them, but 180 seems like a lot. Even for my account normally, the fights drag on much longer than before.

Since the old chances of getting any Barrows Piece was like 1 in 4 Chests or something, making it a bit rarer isn't that bad IMO.
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 06:00:52 am »
Ahrims effect applies to all spell effects e.g.
- smoke barrage poison from 8 to 10
- ice barrage freeze time from 15 to 18
- entanglw freeze time fro 15 to 18

Not sure if it also applies to the stats lowering spells such as stun.

It is a very viable choice, especially when using ancients. Longer barrage freeze time + the enhanced prayer drain from shadow barrage is a great combination. However I do believe it is outclassed by zuriels as it should be.

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 06:34:51 am »
Can we just remove barrows minigame and barrow armour from the game? Thank you.

:kappa:

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 07:29:10 am »
The change for torags is a bit harsh, I like the attack speed but over all imo it was not necessarily needed.

I don't mind the added difficulty to the barrows mini game myself, I like a bit of challenge. After all, it's what separates iron men from main accounts. ;)
Pages: 1